2022 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  2. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Latson certainly looks like a very strong guard who doesn't shy away from contact . . .

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Amina Muhammad's Pro Skills team versus Latson's FBC team from Sunday competition:

• Like Like x 7
  4. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Elite camp is underway - so far the only social media activity I've found is from 2026 players. Hoping to see some 2022 targets and some 2023 offers go out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
  5. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

Wonder why it's in Gregory gymnasium instead of the Erwin Center

• Like Like x 2
  6. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

Vic having fun at the Elite Camp

• Like Like x 5
  7. LutherIsMyDog

G/F Ndjakalenga Mwenentanda will make her decision in August. Hopefully, she’ll visit Austin in July/August. Based upon mutual “likes” between Mwenentanda on Twitter, I think we are still in contention.

She is rated #29 on ESPN HoopGurlz.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

As to why these camps are in Gregory......they have always been there. It is intimate and the correct size and has the history. My girls went there every year during the mid-90s and it was great. One year due to remodeling the camps were held in Georgetown and not as good environment. Perhaps it’s a little different now with Gregory fitted to be a volleyball arena but seems still to be better than cavernous Erwin. And everyone knows how it is to play games in an empty Erwin.

• Like Like x 1
  9. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  10. LutherIsMyDog

Are head coaches allowed to go on the road to watch the club tournaments or are assistant coaches only allowed to attend?

Remind me: As it stands today, we have two spots open for 2022? How many for 2023?

11. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

I'm not sure about head coaches but I seem to recall some MBB head coaches being at events.

Scholarships...
    upload_2021-7-6_10-41-9.png

• Like Like x 1
  12. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

Head coaches are allowed. North Texas area hosting a slew of tournaments this week (Mansfield, Dallas, Frisco).

• Like Like x 2
  13. Jacob Johnson

Taniya latson posted on her Instagram that the schools that interest her the most right now are Texas, FSU, Georgia, and NC state.

• Like Like x 6
  14. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

Hey DFW, thanks for posting these spreadsheets. Really helps to understand what's going on with the team. I see that Chevalier is listed as FR for 21/22. She played a lot this past season so is she really going to be a freshman for next season?

• Like Like x 2
  15. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

I made that before the new roster was uploaded and need to update the classes for everyone. I’m still not 100% clear on the whole COVID year thing. All of last year’s freshman are now listed as sophomores on texassports. Then again, who knows how accurate texassports is considering they can’t even get Aliyah on the roster page.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

I'm sure texassports will list them as soph's even though they get an extra year if they want it. It could be Ashley, Shay end up being SR's twice.

17. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Go head Vic.

• Like Like x 1
  18. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Made the changes to match the roster page except I include Aliyah - I entered her as a junior for the upcoming season because she played 2 seasons at Miss St.

upload_2021-7-8_7-19-13.png

• Like Like x 5
  19. LonghornsWBB

LonghornsWBB 25+ Posts

I believe Vic was on the baseline for the “Super 64” championship game featuring the Arkansas Mavs Elite team which has 2022 Darianna Littlepage-Buggs. She’s a very talented, physical wing. They also have a talented 2023 G in Mikaylah Williams, she’s No. 3 overall in her class.

• Like Like x 7
  20. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

Thanks DFW. What stands out to me is that we are loaded at guard and forward, but have some questions at center. Hopefullly Ebo will step up and Femme will show us something.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  21. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

I believe Texas will be better then last year team
    Hookem

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. Jacob Johnson

I think so as well especially in transition. I also think the chemistry with this team will be much better than last year now that they can actually hangout and get to know eachother. I can't wait for the season to begin!!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  23. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 8
  24. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Jordana looks like a pretty solid commit!

• Like Like x 7
  25. Jacob Johnson

Taniya Latson posted on her ig story NC state and Texas edits. Not trying to speculate but it seems it's going to come down between us and the Wolfpack.

• Like Like x 4
  26. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

Who's who?

27. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Pretty sure Ta'Niya Latson is #0 in white, Amina is #14 (gray).

• Like Like x 1
  28. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 6
  29. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Darianna Littlepage-Buggs? Oklahoma City’s area code is 405.

• Like Like x 8
  30. BBV_Horn

BBV_Horn 1,000+ Posts

Aren’t Audrey and JAT Seniors this season??