2022 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Jul 28, 2018.

1. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

After Dry and S-B committed to Texas, I went to watch. I think they played for Aledo. They were good high school players but didn’t appear to be takes. Both decommitted and neither made a mark in college. I thing one or both were at Baylor for a short time but didn’t play. I also went to see Hosey and didn’t see it.

2. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Hosey was a contributor at least.

3. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Hosey played two years….maybe three. Undersized power forward. Yes….she contributed at times.

4. justabbfan

justabbfan 250+ Posts

Hosey was the queen of taking charges until Audrey came along.

5. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Apparently, Latson played for Atlanta's Westlake H.S. as a junior, but played at American Heritage H.S. in Florida her senior season.

FSU signee Latson named Florida's Miss Basketball - The Osceola

FSU will have significant change on the sideline with longtime assistant coach Brooke Wyckoff taking over for her mentor, Sue Semrau. The Seminoles will also see significant turnover on the roster as rotational players like Kourtney Weber and River Baldwin have entered the transfer portal and Morgan Jones could move on to the WNBA. A few other reserves, Amaya Brown and Izabela Nicoletti, have also entered the transfer portal.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

7. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Codio also had meniscus damage. Having had meniscus surgery myself…..it’s not easy to come back. It took me well into the second year before the pain subsided….and I wasn’t playing defense for Schaefer. I agree that she will redshirt and let the ACL and meniscus get better.

8. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  9. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Watching the Jordan Brand game on delay to see how Ndjakalenga did. Through the 1st quarter and she was wide open under the basket a couple of times but didn’t get the ball.

During an interview, Janiah Barker said she’d make her announcement this weekend. Also said people have been saying where she’s going but they’re all going to be surprised. I’m not going to get my hopes up but I know a lot of conjecture out there has been about aggy so she may not end up in collie station. One thing about her - she’s a character and will be a fun interview wherever she lands.

• Like Like x 1
  10. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Really looking forward to seeing Ndjakalenga in burnt orange (even better, my iPad suggestion auto fills her name when I type ‘Nd’).

• Like Like x 6
  11. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

If she follows Taylor to aggy, I’m not sure how that’s much of a “surprise.”

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

13. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

14. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

Does anyone know if there's any relations (cousins?) between Aaliyah Gayles and Texas alum Ashley Gayles? They're both from Las Vegas.

15. UTExinPDX

UTExinPDX 1,000+ Posts

Ashley has a different last name. Her last name is Gayle, not Gayles.

16. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

Thanks UTExinPDX.

• Like Like x 1
  17. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

Janiah Barker will follow Joni Taylor to Texas A&M. Big time pick up for the Aggies.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 10
  19. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

Amina Muhammad moved in today and Codio moved in yesterday. Ndjakalenga will make the move to Austin in a few days.

• Like Like x 12
    Last edited: May 30, 2022
  20. Texashorns2022

Texashorns2022 100+ Posts

Madison booker was at the football game today

• Like Like x 5
  21. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Madison Booker is a 2023 recruit. Ranked #15 by ESPN from Mississippi.

• Like Like x 5
  22. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Tionna Herron from Desoto HS. Hate to see this but she will be back. She is playing at Kentucky and I’m sure she’ll miss this year for sure.

23. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

There can obviously be issues with the way that some people may feel about how these universities can treat the athletes like commodities. But I've always felt like one of the benefits of playing for the colleges with tons of resources and technology is that they're able to detect medical problems like this before it's too late or maybe not have even been detected at all.

• Agree Agree x 4
  24. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I can see why Vic wanted Ta'niya Latson so badly. She is averaging 22.5 points a game for Florida State:

FRESHMAN SEASON (2022-23):
    • Secured single-season record sixth 30-point game vs. No. 11 NC State, scoring 31 points on 13-of-16 shooting.
    • Achieved fifth 30-point game with 31 points (15-15 FTs) vs. Clemson.
    • Fourth 30-point game of the season, dropping 32 at Georgia Tech.
    • Recorded 21 points, six assists and six boards in a win at No. 13 UNC.
    • Had 21 points and six assists in win over Miami.
    • Totaled 24 points vs. No. 9 UConn.
    • Had 25 points and eight steals in a win over Presbyterian.
    • Tied her career high with 34 points vs. Texas Southern, her third 30-point game of the season.
    • Recorded her ninth 20-point game in 10 games played, scoring 24 points (7-of-12) and hitting 9-of-11 from the line in a 35-point win over Stetson.
    • Clutch performance at Wisconsin, scoring 10 of her 27 points in the fourth quarter in a 92-87 road win; Recorded 10 field goals for the fifth time already in a season.
    • Delivered her fifth straight 20-point performance with 20 points against Harvard at the Cancun Challenge.
    • Went 10-of-17 from the floor and scored 21 points in a close 76-75 win over Purdue in Cancun.
    • Dropped 20 points and led FSU with eight rebounds in first game of the Cancun Challenge vs. Oklahoma State.
    • Led the Noles with 21 points at Houston.
    • Totaled her second 30-point performance in her first four games, notching 32 points with five rebounds and four assists in a 92-77 rivalry win over Florida; Through just her first four games played, she already became the 10th Seminole with multiple 30-point games in a season.
    • Had 19 points with five rebounds vs. Georgia State.
    • Dropped 34 points in road win at Kent State; the most points by an FSU freshman since Sue Galkantas in 1981.
    • Had 28 points on 10-of-22 shooting with nine rebounds, two blocks and two steals in season opener vs. Bethune-Cookman; it was the first time a freshman led FSU in scoring in a season opener since Natasha Howard in 2010.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  25. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

She’s probably one of maybe two recruits that Texas missed on that I actually cared about. You could just look at her film and see she was going to be special.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1