2022 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Considering how badly we need true post players, surprised we haven't re-offered Tionna and Christeen (that we know of).

• Like Like x 2
  2. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  3. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Tyana Todd, 6’ G from Toronto, includes Texas in the list of schools she is still considering.

• Like Like x 4
  4. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Texas made the first cut...

• Like Like x 4
  5. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

According to her Instagram, Ashlon Jackson will be announcing her Top 5 this Friday at noon.

• Like Like x 4
  6. LonghornsWBB

LonghornsWBB 25+ Posts

These are the '22s that TexasWBB follows:
    - Ndjakalenga Mwenentanda
    - Kyla Oldacre
    - Darianna Littlepage-Buggs
    - Saniah Tyler
    - Kennedy Basham
    - Tionna Herron
    - Kiersten Johnson
    - Amina Muhammad
    - Kailyn Gilbert
    - Tonie Morgan
    - Ayanna Patterson
    - KK Bransford

• Like Like x 7
  7. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

Just to add some of our offers we have given
    - T'yana Todd offered in October 2020
    - Flau'Jae Johnson offered in September 2020
    - Ta'Niya Latson offered in August 2020
    - Brianna McDaniel offered in September 2020
    - Samyah Smith offered in September 2020

• Like Like x 5
  8. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Between the two of you, you still left out Ashlon Jackson :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

And, 6'4 Christeen Iwuala out of San Antonio Reagan, who as offered by our previous staff in 2019, and is being followed by Lovato on twitter

• Like Like x 2
  10. Jacob Johnson

This was expected. When coach Lovato didn't like her tweet I knew she was not interested. I think Uconn is going to get her. Only because that has been her dream school for some years now. Good thing is that their are plenty of guards in the 2022 class

11. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Punch in the gut to Baylor that Ashlon didn't even list them in her Top 5. They have no verbal commitments from any guards in the 2021 class; and, the in-state 2022 class of guards (other than Ashlon) is not as highly ranked. Baylor will have to go out of state, or continue with their focus on transfers.

For us, signing two guards for 2021 might not have been a factor in Ashlon not listing us in her Top 5. I thought her having several friends on the Texas squad would give us a chance; but, I guess not. Duke seems to be a newcomer as they are the last school she started following on twitter (compared to the others). With Duke and Stanford among her finalists, maybe education is a huge priority; but, can't say the same with Louisville, and UConn and Oregon to some degree, which seem like going there is all about hoops.

Regardless, our staff took advantage of there being two versatile guards in-state and ranked among the Top 20 players in the country for 2021, and got 'em both.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

On second thought . . . :whiteflag:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  14. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Didn't expect us to be on her list; still, that's an odd combination of schools in that they play such different types of offense, and don't all recruit the same type of guards.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Schools still under consideration for Brianna McDaniel:
    1. Wisconsin
    2. Aggy
    3. Illinois
    4. Minnesota
    5. Missouri
    6. Michigan State
    7. Clemson
    8. Georgia
    9. Louisville
    10. Texas
    11. Maryland
    12. Florida
    13. Miami
    14. Mississippi State
    15. Duke

• Like Like x 2
  16. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

A recruiting Twitter account I follow said he wouldn’t be surprised to see a flurry of top 2022s come off the board sooner this cycle, especially at those positions where only 1 is taken per class (PG), because the recruiting dead period has been extended through April.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Didn't someone post on this board recently that we have a silent verbal commitment already that would be made public soon? When?

• Like Like x 2
  18. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

A few offers playing in this game:

• Like Like x 1
  19. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

According to ESPNW Hoopgurlz rankings for 2022, 11 of top 60 have committed. Guess Horns are in on a lot of players. Plenty of time, but need some positive news about who might be leaning towards Horns. Good to see posts like from DFW but hard to get excited about being on a list of 15 schools. It seems commitments are slow. May be I am just impatient. Any of ya’ll holding out information on us?

• Like Like x 1
  20. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Tionna “Tree” Herron to Kentucky.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Jacob Johnson

Did not expect that but best of luck to her. There are a bunch of good bigs in the 2022 class so not a huge loss for us

22. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Yeah, her commitment basically means that Elzy will remain the coach.

• Like Like x 1
  23. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

Yes. They removed the “interim” from her title about a week or two ago

• Like Like x 1
  24. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Jujst noticed on ESPNW, that ninth-ranked DeSoto (TX) lost a road game to Classen SAS (OK) 50-46 on Dec. 11. "Classen's Darianna Littlepage-Buggs, the 35th-ranked prospect in the Class of 2022, outdueled DeSoto junior Tionna Herron, the No. 57 junior in the country, by scoring 23 points and bringing down 19 rebounds in her season debut." With Herron (Kentucky commit), Aminu and Smith as the bigs, and another top recruit at guard, it is a little surprising that DeSoto got beat. I don't know if we are recruiting Littlepage-Buggs, but might should. Even with the loss, DeSoto remains ranked ninth in the country. Duncanville is 4 and Cypress Creek High School (Houston, TX), 13-0 is number 15. We all know who is on the Cypress Creek team.

• Like Like x 2
  25. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Littlepage-Buggs was offered back in October (that name is easy to recall).

• Like Like x 2
  26. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Did I read somewhere on here awhile back that the DeSoto player we're most heavily pursuing is Amina Muhammad? I remember watching DeSoto play a couple of years ago and Muhammad was very athletic and active... about 6'2" with a long athletic build.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  27. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

DeSoto bounced back and beat Duncanville in a clash of the top ranked teams.

• Like Like x 1
  28. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Good for DeSoto. I like to see teams beat Duncanville ever so often. It’s just the Pantherettes have dominated so long.....I like to root for the underdog. It’s hard to consider DeSoto much of an underdog. They’ve been one of the top teams in DFW for 15 years or so. That okie team must be stout.

• Agree Agree x 2
  29. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Gilbert committed to Arizona last night so now she's off the board.

30. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

We have time make up ground. Would be a nice get.