2022 Softball Season

Discussion in 'Softball' started by Malcom, Jun 5, 2021.

1. Malcom

Malcom 250+ Posts

With all the good coverage ESPN is giving Women's Softball I thought this would be a good time to start a thread. I'm so proud of the job the networks are doing to build this sport.
    I think we all agree we need more pitching depth. There could be 2 positions in the outfield open. Maybe a couple of spots in the infield also. Are the replacements already in our dugout? There is a talented group of freshmen coming in. Are any of the position players ready to step in? I've heard the pitching could be getting the help needed from this class (maybe one special transfer from up north). Experts help me out.

2. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Miranda Elish are you hearing this?? Cash in on your last year of eligibility!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Texas is actively promoting there players. This is a totally new form of recruiting and Texas is certainly embracing it!

4. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Lauren Burke is such a winner! I hope this NIL program doesn’t get out of hand. I see some hurt feelings coming.
    A lot of self promoting going on. Especially with the football team??

5. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Nicole Parnell joins Texas softball as volunteer coach.

• Like Like x 1
  6. racerx5908

racerx5908 1,000+ Posts

Nicole Parnell joining Texas coaching staff — Justin's World of Softball
    I was confused for a moment, and still might be. So Molly Jacobson is still joining as a Graduate Assistant Coach....and Nicole Parnell is joining as a Unpaid Volunteer Coach?

You know the sad thing is that 2 years ago the NCAA was considering letting baseball and softball go to a 3rd paid assistant coach. But UT Baseball sorta threw UT Softball under the bus saying they couldn't vote for it because it might negatively affect UT Softball? Maybe I misunderstood that.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hardballer

Hardballer < 25 Posts

Please double check me, but I don't see Coleen Sullivan or London Marder on the
    2021 Fall Roster. Have they entered the Portal?

8. racerx5908

racerx5908 1,000+ Posts

Marder doesn't list Softball on her Instagram anymore. Sullivan shows she was rushing to join a UT sorority. So, maybe both have just quit softball this year.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Hardballer

Hardballer < 25 Posts

If Sullivan is gone then that's a bit of a blow - she provided a solid bat and versatility in the field, not to mention experience. This means more pressure on the freshman class to produce. It will be interesting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. racerx5908

racerx5908 1,000+ Posts

A bit surprised by Sully leaving, but she'd lost the catcher job and was relegated to 1st or OF, where she struggled. If both had stayed the team would have had 5 catchers:
    1. Mary
    2. JJ
    3. Sully
    4. Katie Cimusz
    5. London

And London had maybe 2 starts in 2 years? And probably with all the returning talent plus freshman, we would have found a taller 1st base. Sully did some good and some bad at first. But the reference to rushing a sorority meant she's staying in Austin and UT.

11. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Some of the newbees arriving and getting settled in. Hosted by Jordyn Whittaker and JJ Smith.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
  12. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Softball at the vs Louisiana football game!
    Shea O’Leary
    Camille Corona
    Logan Hulon
    Vanessa Quiroga
    Mya Holmes
    Alyssa Popelka
    Carlee Ratliff

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
  13. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 1,000+ Posts

Based on Lauren Burkes instagram Texas fall season begins in 10 days. I have not seen a schedule released yet has anyone else seen anything?

14. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 1,000+ Posts

First game is on the 19th vs Mcclennan

• Like Like x 1
  15. racerx5908

racerx5908 1,000+ Posts

Really odd how they list their games:
    2021-22 McLennan Softball Schedule

10 innings. Yeah, I guess they just play and play and play up to 10 innings.
    4 hours? The same? Just a scrimmage for 4 hours?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. racerx5908

racerx5908 1,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  17. cnb

cnb 1,000+ Posts

She will. But at Okie Lite. Announced she is going to Stillwater as a grad xfer.

• poop poop x 1
  18. racerx5908

racerx5908 1,000+ Posts

I did not know Mike and Lauren have known each other this long.

• Like Like x 1