2022 Softball Season

Discussion in 'Softball' started by Malcom, Jun 5, 2021.

1. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  2. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

3. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Looks like there will be radio play-by-play by Texas' Andrew Hyanes for all 5 games, and LIVE streaming for our two games against FGCU

No. 10/8 Softball visits the FGCU Kickoff Classic - University of Texas Athletics (texassports.com)

Live Stats: Available for all games – links on the softball schedule at TexasSports.com: LINK

Television: The only available broadcasts will be YouTube web streams of Texas' two match-ups against FGCU: LINK

Radio: Texas' games are scheduled for radio broadcast via web stream with Andrew Haynes on the call via this LINK. The Texas broadcast can also be heard locally on 105.3 FM as part of the Austin Radio Network supported by the flagship radio station of the Longhorns, 104.9 FM The Horn.

4. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

It's so annoying seeing ESPN softball personalities pump up the UT-Clemson softball game, yet not broadcast it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Today's 6:00 PM game between FGCU and Clemson will be streamed:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2022
  6. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

I messaged the Fgcu softball account and asked if all games were going to be streamed or just FGCU games and they responded with…

“I believe all games will be streamed, but let me check with our media team and get back to you!”

that was late last night so when they respond today I’ll let everyone know.

7. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Okay, this is a bit convoluted, but to test out the stream, I clicked on the link provided in the tweet and it goes to their general YouTube channel which has past games from 3 months ago. Hmmm. So I went to FGCU's sports page for softball and I clicked on the link provided in their schedule, and I jump to their game currently ongoing with LIU. So, moral of the story in prep for tomorrow is to go to their web page and select the "Watch" link. Also, keep in mind their web site is showing Eastern times, since...they're in the Eastern time zone.

This is a fixed camera sitting behind home plate where you can't quite see first and third, but with a commentator.

We're spoiled with LHN, so it is what it is.

8. Jacob Johnson

9. Jacob Johnson

Update: only the Fgcu games will be streamed :rolleyes1: don’t understand why they can’t just turn the camera on and let fans of other teams watch the stream but oh well. This is why I’m grateful for longhorn network.

10. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I just clicked on the link in the tweet I posted, and it took me to the youtube page, but the LIVE Clemson vs FGCU option was there; selected it, and it began playing the current game.

Clemson ace Cagle is pitching against FGCU.

11. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Wow Clemson beat FGCU 11-0 in 5 innings. Could be a fun game tomorrow! Be interesting to see which pitcher Coach White starts?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2022
  12. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

I know very little about FGCU. NCAA stats tell me that the team was formed in 2002 as a D2 team and they went up into D1 in 2010. They've had mostly .500-ish seasons, except in 2019.

Clemson is tournament team only in their 3rd year of existence!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Molly working as a grad assistant:

14. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

15. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

16. Jacob Johnson

Just based on pictures, I don’t see Maloney, Scott, Simpson, or Cimusz. Don’t know if they made the trip or what’s going on but they aren’t present in team photos.

17. Jacob Johnson

Anyone make the trip to Florida?

18. NBhornfan

NBhornfan 250+ Posts

Maloney is red shirting, not sure why the other 3 aren't there.

Scored a run in the 1st. Surprise of the line up:

Burke in CF, and no Scott.

19. Jacob Johnson

Didn’t know that. Is it due to her preseason injury or does Mike White want to save her eligibility?

20. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Maloney was on crutches during Fall Ball. And with this huge roster, it makes sense for her to redshirt.

21. NBhornfan

NBhornfan 250+ Posts

Assuming shes not healed yet plus we got some transfers in to hold it down for now. It was on her instagram.

• Like Like x 2
  22. NBhornfan

NBhornfan 250+ Posts

Quality top 15 win and shut out to start the year. Plus faced the ace of Clemson.

• Like Like x 2
  23. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Woohoo! Great to start the season with a win against a quality opponent/pitcher.

I'm guessing last year's weather forcing cancellation of several home games is what led Coach White to schedule the first weekend of the season in Florida. And, of course, beautiful and 75 degrees in Austin today.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2022
  24. NBhornfan

NBhornfan 250+ Posts

Not impressed with our offensive approaches. Defense still sucks, Whitaker can't play RF.

Czech looks real good.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. Jacob Johnson

What are we doing offensively. That was awful and literally everyone looks wild in their swings either late or very early. Liked what Day brought, O’leary looked very rusty, Czech was great, defense was terrible. I thought Parker would’ve improved by now but she gets so nervous when the ball comes to her. Whitaker needs to be DP and not in the outfield but even then she hasn’t done anything offensively. We DESPERATELY need Scott and her bat and quickness in the infield. We looked pretty bad to sum it all up

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

O’Leary really laid an egg! I guess Huron and Dolcini are on deck for one of the games tomorrow. And so many errors killed us!

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. UTexRulz23

UTexRulz23 500+ Posts

I don’t think Simpson came to Florida.

28. Jacob Johnson

Simpson isn’t in Florida and I just saw a tweet from Danny Davis saying it was a “coaches decision” not to bring Simpson, Scott, and Cimusz. Not sure what’s going on there but it definitely hurt us not having them there.

29. xdxmmxchxxl

xdxmmxchxxl 250+ Posts

I still think we sweep the rest of the weekend, Shea will bounce back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. Jacob Johnson

Yeah for sure. Now that we got that loss out I expect run rules or convincing wins in the rest of our games in Florida.

• Agree Agree x 1