2022 Super Regionals

Discussion in 'Softball' started by NBhornfan, May 26, 2022.

1. NBhornfan

NBhornfan 250+ Posts

They didn't expect us here, lets surprise them again.

Game 1 Thursday 6pm
    Game 2 Friday 5:30pm
    Game 3 Saturday TBA

Arkansas is a good hitting team with some good pitching. They hit a bunch of fly balls so OF defense needs to be ready. Delce is another drop ball pitcher like Plain but throws harder. Ride Dolicini like the regionals but seems their offense struggles against lefties so Czech better be ready too.

Keep the ball in the park, get some clutch hits, score some runs and we have a chance.

2. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

Dolcini 100% needs to start today and tomorrow. If game three is necessary you could possibly give Dolcini the start and let Czech come in a few innings then put Dolcini back in to finish it off. I was very impressed with how Czech pitched last week which is why I say that. Otherwise I’d say you ride Dolcini until her arm falls off.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Quite frankly the SEC disappointed in the regionals which makes me wonder how good the conference really is this year. I think we have a good shot at winning this super.

• Like Like x 1
  4. NBhornfan

NBhornfan 250+ Posts

Behind the plate up is terrible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

I don't like what appears on TV to be delayed strike calls...sigh

6. NBhornfan

NBhornfan 250+ Posts

Yep especially his ring em up looking call. Just really inconsistent on down and the left side of the plate

7. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

I am so proud of this team! The way they have fought back all season. The seniors have shown such leadership after our poor start to the season. We can win this series.

• Like Like x 1
  8. HoffHorn

HoffHorn 500+ Posts

You can’t leave the bases loaded and then have your 1st baseman completely miss that threw to home plate and your shortstop miss a line drive routine catch against a team like Arkansas and win. Good Grief!

Battle Ladies!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. UTexRulz23

UTexRulz23 500+ Posts

HELL of a sequence for Simpson. Not easy to get an out, have it overturned, and then strike out the SEC player of the year!

10. NBhornfan

NBhornfan 250+ Posts

Love how competitive Simpson is. Her stuff plays just needs control.

Not a fan of most of our ABs this game.

11. NBhornfan

NBhornfan 250+ Posts

Iapoko and Washington get hits at times but both have huge holes in their swings.

12. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

This team doesn't compete. Too many mental mistakes and errors.

13. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

Well that didn't go our way. We will get it together cause we have no choice. I have plenty of time to critic this season but for now we gotta win tomorrow!!

14. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Well that was ugly! Not sure why Mike put Hulon in unless to humiliate her into not returning next year. She does not look like a very strong pitcher. Simpson looked great! Mia Scott has not looked good at 3rd all year. Really shakey fielder. We really needed her bat a couple of times tonight and she did not come through. Maybe she will be Janee’s replacement next season. Terrible throw by Cimusz on a simple catch and throw home. Texas has beaten itself all year long. Fielding errors and bad situational hitting.
    Dolcini will be back in the circle tomorrow and maybe we can get something going. I would hate to see us lose 2 in a row to Arky

15. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

The error by Mike in not re-entering Cimusz was embarrassing. The fact that Arky knew this fact and sat on it just in case they needed to pull it out shows how out-coached the Texas staff was.

Man, if we just had LB all year.

16. NBhornfan

NBhornfan 250+ Posts

Scott has been better than this game, she will be back tomorrow. Good news is they did have a lot of soft contact hits which wont always fall. Outside of not getting the clutch hits are offense did fairly well. Wish we would draw more walks tho.

THe strike out looking on the ball way outside in the 1st to Dayton set the tone of the game. If thats a walk we probably end up scoring.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Jacob Johnson

The one thing about this team is they don’t go out without a fight. They kick it up when their back is against the wall. I expect us to come out much better tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Jacob Johnson

Just rewatched the game and i will say that game was very winnable. Once again we shot ourselves in the foot and scored most of their runs for them. I don’t know if it was nerves but Scott didn’t look like herself at all. Texas will most likely see Haff tomorrow and I hope they come ready. Simpson did well to me. I don’t know why she was pulled but too late now so hopefully our defense shows up tomorrow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. HoffHorn

HoffHorn 500+ Posts

Simpson was Pissed! Look, it’s a team effort but 1B blew that throw AND WE ALL KNOW IT!!!…..pulling the pitcher because of “that” is a High School Coaching move! I hate it!

20. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

I think Coach pulled her (Simpson)because she looked well and the plan is to give her the ball today and if we are in a good position late in the game have Hailey a bit rested and ready to close. And as of right now she could be the ace going into fall ball.
    Hailey did such a good job holding a very good Ark offense down for as long as she did. We have got to hit and score the ball to have a chance of winning. Small ball isn't their thing and last night we kept them in the park. Going in I thought we would need at least 7 runs to win cause thats what they average per game

• Like Like x 2
  21. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Pulling Simpson was not a mind game by White. Even the announcers speculated he wanted to save her for game 2 relief. I think Mike is going to pitch Dolcini for 3-4 innings in hopes we get some sort of score or lead and then put in Simpson or Czech. If we're lucky enough to win game 2, then repeat this pattern for game 3.

The freshmen nerves were on display yesterday.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I think we win today. Tomorrow, not so sure.

23. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

We have the ability to beat the Hogs. This isn't a mismatch. I hope the ladies come out determined to show what they can do.

24. UTexRulz23

UTexRulz23 500+ Posts

Gotta say I’m confused by White’s lineups.

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. NBhornfan

NBhornfan 250+ Posts

Its just bad coaching. If you are constantly trying find "lightning in a bottle" it means you are clueless when it comes to analytics and game flow.

He would be better if he just had 10 players tops.

26. xdxmmxchxxl

xdxmmxchxxl 250+ Posts

Alyssa Popelka should be in the lineup. Her bunt/slaps with her speed are better than others at the bottom of the lineup swinging away and striking out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  27. UTexRulz23

UTexRulz23 500+ Posts

She would’ve made that catch too. Didn’t end up mattering but yeah.

28. Jacob Johnson

Not good. Dolcini doesn’t look like herself. Whatever injury is bothering her is affecting her and it’s obvious and her pitch count is really high.

29. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

For me this is where it becomes unfair to Hailey. To pitch this well against a powerful team like Ark and get no run support.

30. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

But we have maybe 4 innings to figure it out...