2022 Transfer Season

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by DFW_Horn, Dec 13, 2021.

1. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

There has been talk on the Lady Vols message board over the last week that Rickea could be visiting LSU this coming weekend.

And, today, somebody posted that Lady Vols reporter, Maria Cornelius stated that Rickea would likely be making her decision in mid-March.

• Like Like x 3
  2. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Seems odd to visit when there is no game. But what do I know?

3. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

If anyone here has tiktok Rickea posted a video of her visit. Its very quick and about 25 seconds long but it’s a nice video and she began to cry at one point while taking photos in the Texas uniform. Now of course I wasn’t able to tell why she was crying but, they definitely looked like tears of joy and release. More like you worked hard for something your entire life and you finally get that big break kind of tears. If I knew how to post photos on here I would.

I knew she mentioned her mental health as part of the reason for leaving Mississippi state so whether she picks Texas or not I hope she is genuinely happy and everything works out in her favor. With that being said I want her genuinely happy at Texas:hookem:

• Like Like x 12
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2022
  4. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Um, I posted the TikTok on here yesterday on the previous page; you even "liked" it ! :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Anybody see Chevalier’s pic in a Texas Tech uniform posing guns up with the head coach on instagram? I don’t know how to post it, but I’d caption it “Petty Party”. She’s still uncommitted and has visited a lot of schools. Reminder that Tech’s recruiting coordinator was the coach that refused to shake Vic’s hand in Lubbock

6. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Hopefully, she'll find a place where she can get the minutes she felt she deserved at Texas. o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

I hope she does too and I don’t care where

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Yep... go on out there to Lubbock so you can have the chance to prove yourself head-to-head against Rori.:e-face-shades:

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Jacob Johnson

You are completely right you did post it here from that Twitter page yesterday. My apologies, I completely forgot and thought I was just scrolling through Twitter and saw it. I’ll edit my post lol great work finding it:hookem:

10. Jacob Johnson

I would just like for it to be known that @Moooooo found the tik tok and I completely forgot it was posted here. I just have to give credit where it’s due so great work on finding that and sharing it with us:hookem:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

You didn't have to do that, or edit your post. I was trying to "humorously" let you and others know that the TikTok link had been posted previously. I actually hadn't paid too much attention to what you pointed out regarding her emotions during the photo shoot; so, it made me go back and re-view it. There does appear to be something happening with her eyes. Allergies? :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jacob Johnson

lol I don’t wanna take credit for something I didn’t find. I inspected that tik tok hard and she said something about not wanting to cry or about to cry right before she burst into tears. I take that as a good sign honestly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

One poster on the Lady Vols site with some supposed inside connections posted last night that Rickea won’t be choosing Tennessee. That doesn’t necessarily mean it’s going to be Texas, but perhaps the timing is a clue

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  14. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

I too read those comments on the Lady Vols site and I interpreted it as good news for Texas since Rickea just completed her visit to Texas. I do suffer from confirmation bias so it's just wishful thinking on my part.

Hopefully, Rickea does not visit LSU because Mulkey has disrupted our recruiting efforts in the past.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Are you sure your alcohol consumption levels haven't been spiking recently?

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Jacob Johnson

Maybe just a little:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Dr. D

Dr. D 250+ Posts

Of course I'd love to get a player like Rickea and I wouldn't hesitate to sign her up...but we're going to have a plethora of forward types. A star center or guard might help more. Everybody talks about needing a center; but actually I think we also really need another outstanding shooting guard for the team to reach the top. We don't have enough fire power outside.

18. Bobcat

Bobcat 500+ Posts

Rickea Jackson is one of the best players in the nation....top five IMO... She is a premiere GO TO player who can do it all. I trust Vic to figure all that out, but obviously he wants her and realizes just how impactful she would be.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  19. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

5’ 10” F
    15.2 ppg and 3.5 rebounds.
    61-168 (.363) from 3

20. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Aaliyah Nye - 5' 11" soph G, 12.4 ppg, 3.0 rebounds, 69/187 (.369) from 3
    De'Myla Brown - 5' 7" junior G, 8.1 ppg, 2.0 rebounds, 24/89 (.270) from 3

21. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Looking at Rickea's stats over her first 3 seasons, she could for sure improve her 3-point shooting percentage (perhaps make better shot selections in that regard). But, there's no denying her basketball skills, quickness, size, length, and athleticism. She's probably the closest thing to Baylor's NaLyssa Smith (give or take a handful of players), although a bit smaller, but quicker. Even though she plays SF and NaLyssa plays PF, something tells me if she'd been on our roster this season, she'd be the one defending Smith the majority of the minutes.

Here's a 1 minute video clip from her freshman season (under Vic):

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
  22. Bobcat

Bobcat 500+ Posts

I agree @Moooooo . But other than improving her 3 point shot, not much to critique. A very knowledgeable friend of mine thinks she’s as good as Nalyssa, just a different version and much quicker and explosive. She’s definitely ELITE and so much fun to watch. I’ve watched about every clip of her out there... Thanks for sharing...

• Like Like x 7
  23. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Rickea Jackson's birthday is March 16th; that could be a day she makes her announcement . . .

• Like Like x 7
  24. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

Rickea reminds me of Timmy Allen on the mens side as well as Nalyssa from BU. You get em the ball in their spots and it’s a bucket!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Any idea who this may have been intended? :popcorn:

• Like Like x 2
    • Hot Hot x 2
  26. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

She directed it at the 2023's, so perhaps Gisella Maul. If a local recruit loves (dream school) Texas and already "knows knows" that Texas will be the ultimate choice, it might be a good idea to secure your scholarship before an incoming transfer (same position) with more than one year of eligibility remaining arrives a year earlier (for the 2022-23 season).

While I can understand the 2023 wanting to take their official visits (probably starts next month), the transfers will be trying to secure their new spots in order to enroll at their new schools in June. So, the advantage is with the transfers since they have a shorter timeline.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2022
  27. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

I don't believe the tweet necessarily is intended for a specific person that Texas is recruiting. April just published a book aimed to help all players being recruited. Also, I think Texas coaches are straightforward with players regarding how solid an offer is and things that might affect that offer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  28. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Could be a global type tweet. But, if she were targeting it at 2023 kids Texas is recruiting, she made it quite clear it wasn't for the super elite like Breya Cunningham, and that recruit out of Mississippi. Doesn't seem like we're recruiting many in-state kids other than Gisella and Sammie Wagner.

• Agree Agree x 4
  29. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

It's challenging to have an accurate assessment of which players from the 2023 class our staff is actively recruiting. Here's my best attempt to list the recruits who are currently on Texas' radar;
    • Mikaylah Williams; 6'0" Guard, Louisianna (#1 ESPN)
    • Breya Cunningham; 6'4" Post, California (#4 ESPN)
    • Madison Booker; 6'1" Wing, Mississippi (#6 ESPN)
    • Sammie Wagner; 6'1" Wing, Texas (#17 ESPN)
    • Sayvia Sellers; 5'7" PG, Alaska (#30 ESPN)
    • Gisella Maul; 5'11" Guard, Texas (#45 ESPN)

• Like Like x 3
  30. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

When you get time (and if you feel like it), can you copy/paste this on the 2023 Recruiting thread? That way, we can build on that there with a few more names.

• Like Like x 1