2022 Transfer Season

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by DFW_Horn, Dec 13, 2021.

1. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Baylor message board had some recent posts that they were getting 6'5 Center, Angel Jackson out of USC . . . not!

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  2. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Different "opinions" recently on the LadyVols message board regarding Rickea Jackson. Someone indicated she had an Instagram discussion this morning and she stated she was flying out today for an official visit somewhere, and might take a final visit next weekend.

One poster indicating she's down to Texas and Tennessee.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2022
  3. Bobcat

Bobcat 500+ Posts

@Moooooo ....are you referring to Rickea Jackson?

4. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Oops. Yes. Edited my post.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Southern Cal is going full Syracuse…

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I forget if 2023 Breya Cunningham is considering Southern Cal; but, perhaps this player exodus will deter her from wanting to go there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

SC is one of the 8 finalists she announced back in August.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

That's good (for the other finalists). If you can get the local, in-state schools out of the running, then it becomes a contest for the out-of-state schools.

9. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

West Virginia seems to lose their fair share of players to the portal each season, and they also work the transfer portal to bring in replacements:

• Like Like x 1
  10. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

We’ll……in Mooo we trust. He put a call in for Jackson to announce on her birthday….TOMORROW March 16…….that she’s committing to the “good guys”. I’ve bought my cupcake and candle and have my fireplace lighter ready for early tomorrow morning celebration. Join the party R. Jackson!

• Like Like x 11
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  11. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Well, I was just repeating the info from the Tennessee board several weeks ago.

Rickea's most recent (third) confirmed visit was to Texas the weekend of 03/04/2022. Looks like she's back home in Detroit (for Spring Break?) if the photo was taken the same date as the below tweet.

Tomorrow, 03/16, is her birthday. If tomorrow comes and goes with no announcement, then likely the process is not over for her.

• Like Like x 1
  12. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

I’m not going to take it as a bad sign if she doesn’t commit tomorrow. I think it’s possible she holds off while “her team” is still playing in the tournament. No?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

If she's going to a team competing in post-season play, I would think that team's coach may want it kept quiet until their season is complete to minimize distractions. Just a guess on my part...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I mean, it's possible the coaching staff of her new school could ask her to hold off. But, if she really wanted to announce her decision on a date that is special to her (like her birthday), I doubt the coaching staff would object. It's not like any teams are playing tomorrow or Thursday. Plus, that potentially deters other coaching staffs from continuing to press her.

While transfer announcements aren't necessarily the same as those verbal commitments of high school recruits, I've seen plenty of high school kids announce verbal commitments (in football, for example) before bowl games are completed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

I’d think Vic would prefer no announcement if his team is still playing because he’s all about the focus on TODAY and nothing but TODAY. So that’s my reasoning. Rickea will be welcome by all concerned no matter when she announces however.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Boy am I desperate. For any indication of good news on Jackson. In the photo of Miss Edison Basketball, Jackson was wearing red……would have been nice to see her in a beautiful burnt orange shirt. But I did notice the trophy base was burnt orange. Is that a sign? I told you I was desperate.

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. UTexRulz23

UTexRulz23 500+ Posts

Unless it’s just part of her birthday, she’d be smart to wait until after the tourney and the draft. Selfishly, I’d love a commit tomorrow too. But it makes sense to wait.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• poop poop x 1
  19. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Hot Hot x 1
  20. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 6
  21. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 2
  22. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

I won't pretend that this analysis is statistically valid, so think of it as a reasonableness test only. If we can agree that of the 351 D1 WBB programs, Texas would probably not be interested in anyone in the bottom 301.

So of the 520 D1 players in the portal, 14.2% from the Top 50 programs may be of some interest. To be conservative, take half of that. Still, that's 37 players that could possibly help the team in some capacity and deserve further scrutiny.

I think we all can agree on Rickea. Any others?

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2022
  23. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

Rickea Jackson is on a visit to LSU this weekend. They are the team that worries me the most when it comes to recruiting battles. I strongly dislike Mulkey but, she knows how to put on a front to get good recruits. Hopefully Jackson doesn’t get hypnotized by Mulkey and her sweet talk.

• Agree Agree x 4
  24. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Admittedly I don't keep up with women's bb recruiting and portal participants as I do football. But reaching out to those who do, lsu indeed is a threat here. However with lsu playing, the sea hag may not be able to spend enough time with Jackson. We also hold an NIL advantage. Keeping fingers crossed here.

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2022
  25. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Where’s an update. For sure Jackson must be home from LSU visit now. I sure hope she was home to see the Horns demolish UTAH. AND …I hope she watches Mulkey get beat Monday night. Or Rickea…..just go ahead and commit to Horns.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  26. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Just like she did during the Texas visit, Rickea posted a photo shoot of her in an LSU uniform with the hashtag #NotCommitted. Would love to have her playing in the burnt orange, but I’m paying attention to the team we’ve got. She knows Vic and what he expects and what he offers. LSU as a university doesn’t even come close to UT. And Baton Rouge… well I don’t even need to go there. I hope wherever she lands, it’s a good fit for her. After all, that’s what’s most important.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  27. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Agreed, agreed, and agreed.

28. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

Isn’t it great? We really don’t need to salivate over landing or not landing any one player to elevate our team or program.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 3
  29. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

I'd really, really like to have RJ on our team, but however this all shakes out is fine with me.
    :hookem2:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  30. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Now that we can see what AMo can really do… wow. Just wow. RJ can spend her final season competing for a NC or she can go to LSU. Totally up to her.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3