2023/2024 Portal News

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Zig72, Feb 18, 2023.

1. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

2. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Looks like Father Quinerly started following Vic, Mulkey, Brenda Freese, Courtney Banghart (UNC) and Kenny Brooks (VTech) on Instagram.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

Those follows were there a few days ago when I checked as well. However, I didn't see any of those coaches following back. I think these follows at least show who Dad is interested in. As long as we get a visit from her, I think we'll be in pretty good shape, unless she really wants to stay close to home which would favor the later 3 programs.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Today was the first day I saw those follows listed for him, including Vic. But, I know IG doesn't always refresh consistently (for me).

• Hot Hot x 1
  5. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Given that she is from Norfolk and dad is obviously involved, VA Tech, MD, UNC, UVA, etc seem more logical.

6. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

7. cactus47

cactus47 25+ Posts

She gone

8. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Good luck to her. I've considered her gone from the program for many months; so, I've had plenty of time to accept it. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 9
  9. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

BEEN gone. Bye and best wishes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

No surprise, I’m over it, best of luck and best wishes in the future.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

Wonder why kids make their transfer announcement decisions when their team is still actively playing in the tourney? Seems kinda selfish. I’ve seen it more than once so just not calling out Hunter.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

That tweet was from someone who was told she had entered the portal; not sure if Hunter has posted anything on her social media.

I believe today was the first day players can officially enter the transfer portal.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

Could have really helped this team if she had done this last year. We could have used the spot for someone who cared about the team.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Not to sound insensitive, but we need that scholarship for a player who is able and willing to help the program and her teammates; that's not just about being on the court, but being a supportive teammate.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

It’s a crappy way to treat your teammates. I’m sorry, but it just is.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

I know she didn’t post that herself but it’s quite obvious she is putting it out there. She’s could have put it out there for weeks but waited until the tourney starts.

• Like Like x 1
  17. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

I was really pulling for Hunter, but as the situation progressed it became apparent that it was all a game. First there was the taking down of everything Texas from the social media page, then backpedaling and CLAIMING that the page had been hacked. There was never never any sightings of her supporting the team, but yet she shows up at the Moody Center when good buddy and former teammate is in town with Texas Tech.

Then there's the recent social media post showing a "private" workout apparently on campus. Oh, and let's not forget the phantom post on this message board by someone insulting Rori saying she hadn't worked as hard in the off-season as everyone had said.

The whole thing smells like a crock of **** being stirred by toxic adults. Good riddance, hope they find the right situation whatever that looks like. Maybe the sandbitch will get herself another doozie.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

I doubt anyone associated with our program cares, and probably didn't want it any other way.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

Probably some helicopter parenting by the sound of things from the outside. How long before she commits to Tech? Lol

• Winner Winner x 2
  20. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Hell, hopefully by tomorrow.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Well her “soul mate” is there according to the birthday greeting on IG from said soul mate.

• Funny Funny x 2
  22. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

How to drive a coach crazy.

Must be a talented player to get those minutes, but as a post she leads the team in free throws, and that 54% is problematic.

24. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Rori's FT shooting is 56.7% this season.

25. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

I think we need one of each. Vic has room to add two transfers to next season's roster. And that assumes Abbie will be on scholarship, which some of us question, so he possibly has room for three.

We definitely need a guard, but both of our Senior post players will be in their last year, and I would hate to depend solely on HS recruiting to resolve our post depth.

An up-and-coming post with at least 2 years of remaining eligibility would really help.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2023
  27. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

We will have 2 ships minimum available. I agree we need depth at guard, especially someone with point guard skills. That should be the priority in the offseason.

If not for her connection with Coach LWH, I wouldn't have posted this. We have Jones and Faye at Center; we lose Femme. Jones missed lots of games due to her injuries. Most don't believe 2023 Boutilier will contribute next season.

At PF, we have Gaston and Moore (once she has completely recovered) and Muhammad.

28. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Jones for sure only has one season of eligibility remaining. Faye has 2 more if she chooses to player her Super Senior season.

29. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

My beat just a bit faster when I started reading the sentence, then it settled down once I saw "Milwaukee". How weird would it be to have two players with identical names on a small team sport like WBB?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  30. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

Good catch.