2023 Portal Recruiting (Opens December 5th)

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by cnb, Nov 27, 2022.

1. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

We seemed to go after no player we recruited out of high school.???

2. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Yeah, if you are too stupid to decline the initial offer, probably better to pass.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

I might like that.

Hello? Former recruit who turned us down?

Hi coach. Yes.

Best of luck to you.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Needs and culture.

5. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

6. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

He started at USC and was pretty good there before he left to Pitt for the pleasure of learning under Narduzzi—known far and wide as an all around great guy and head coach.

7. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Is Narduzzi the one who said UNC David Maye turned down 2 NIL offers of 5 million?
    Something Maye says never happened?

8. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Nice get by the ponies. He and Wheaton make a solid set of backs.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2022
  9. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

• Hot Hot x 1
  10. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Graham Harrell? What do you have against Card? Does he know offense? Absolutely. Do you want to put up with him? NOBODY does

• Like Like x 1
  11. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

Wow I didn’t know Wheaton went to SMU…. Those are two quality backs

12. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

We all grow up at some point.

13. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I won't do it, can't make me, nope ain't gonna do it

• Funny Funny x 6
  14. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

15. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

A reminder. Drew Brees is coaching at Purdue. Short term or long term to be determined.

• Like Like x 6
    • Hot Hot x 1
  16. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

I think that's a good landing spot for Hud, I really didn't want to see him at TCU because I want to be able to cheer for the kid going forward and now I can.

• Like Like x 5
  17. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

i think honestly that some guys do care about the quality of their education as well. they want both. Purdue is a great choice.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  18. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  19. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

The comments are priceless.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

:nd::nd::nd::nd:

HUGE pickup for Notre Dame--a game changer.

The Irish are expected to pick up an excellent QB--Sam Hartman of Wake Forest. He'll have 1 year of eligibility left, and could make ND a playoff contender. I've seen him in a number of games over the past several years. He was the one-man-team for lowly Wake, and made their offense one of the best in the ACC, without much of a supporting cast. Hartman is a game-changer and will likely be in the Heisman discussion.

"Hartman has performed at an elite level in Wake Forest's sow mesh offense, throwing for just shy of 13,000 yards and 110 touchdowns after joining the program in the Class of 2018. The Charlotte, North Carolina, native won the starting job as a true freshman and has contributed nearly every year of his career. The rising senior will have just one year of eligibility at Notre Dame, but he immediately enters 2023 as one of the top quarterbacks in the nation."

Wake Forest star QB Sam Hartman expected to join Notre Dame after entering transfer portal, per report

(Hartman is not expected to pick up any commercial endorsements from Schick or Gillette.)

[​IMG]

21. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Indeed ND's offense will look so different with a QB who can sling it like he can.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Will the NCAA dare take on ND? I seriously doubt it, but allegations have already surfaced that ND "tampered" with the kid to get him to transfer.

• Hot Hot x 1
  23. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

No doubt.

Pencil in Notre Dame as a contender next year. QB Hartman may add 10+ pts per game to ND's offense. He was playing with a subpar supporting cast at Wake Forest, and has carried the lowly Deacons on his shoulders for 3 years. At ND, he'll have good blockers, very good receivers, and a running game to help him out.

On paper, at the start of the year, Notre Dame will look like an Ohio State -- just a tad short of Georgia-level overall talent. Hartman will at least be in the Heisman discussion.

(still--no Gillette or Schick endorsements...)
    [​IMG]

24. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Just that Notre Dame magic. Or is it the Luck of the Irish...?

Ahhhhhh, who are we kidding...
    maybe it's just the gold coins...
    [​IMG]
    Ya know, me lad...
    Ya could put us in the playoffs,
    and 'den 'da big munneee kicks in...

25. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

College Football as it was had flaws and issues
    But NIL has destroyed it.
    Slimier than the NFL

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  26. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Will be interesting to see what happens to players who entered the portal but got no offers.
    The original school does not have honor or offer a schollie.
    What if the original school used that portal player's schollie for someone else?

27. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

28. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

I'm sure some of those players were "invited" to enter the portal. College football has a lot of levels. Maybe they walk on someplace with instate tuition ...Midwestern State..Angelo State or the like, looking to shine against lesser competition and maybe get a full ride somewhere in 2024.

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

WOOOOW...I didn't realize Leprocans were so...how can I say without being a total geezer scumbag?!?!...errr...I still have 4 yrs eligibility & ND (or @ least the mascot) looks pretty good to me.

• Hot Hot x 1
  30. hornde68

hornde68 250+ Posts

These kids, with few exceptions, have been the best athletes, the ‘heros’ since middle-school. They believe they are superman, have been told they are superman, and are very poorly equipped to learn otherwise. Stoops made great teams out of perpetuating the self image of superman. They do great, fabulous, until punched in the face and shown otherwise. That works great for the team administering the bloody mouth, not very well at all for the coaching staff orchestrating the humility lesson. Hence ‘f___ you I’m transferring’ maturity event. Many (particularly with aTm 2022 crew), come with superiority complexes. Harris, Williams, some others showing to be better than discipline characteristics. It’s nothing new, but like athletes’ foot, something you don’t want in your locker room. More money and more gushing praise seldom abates this problem. Leave ‘em be in some other program. They ain’t that good.