2023 Portal Recruiting (Opens December 5th)

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by cnb, Nov 27, 2022.

1. Olehornfan

Olehornfan 2,500+ Posts

Talking about skipping bowl games to avoid injury. The Costal Carolina QB entered the portal but decided to play in the bowl tonight. He was the Sun Belt Conference player of the year. Running for a TD he took a low hit, took a flip and came down flush on his head. I can not imagine not having a concussion. He is walking the sideline in the fourth quarter but I would bet he does not know what zip code he is in.

2. Handler

Handler 1,000+ Posts

Worthy’s response to the question by Anwar and his both language suggests he’s leaving. Or has zero leadership qualities and the locker room is better off without him. Not sure why Sark let him go to presser today. Reporters and teammates seemed irritated with him too, I don’t think he got another question.

3. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

"I feel like this game is a stepping stone to what we’re going to do next year. I feel like this is going to show the country what we have going on at Texas."
    Texas WR Xavier Worthy wants to prove Texas is for real

• Like Like x 1
  4. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

I noticed this as well, and while I wasn’t thrilled by he response (it was not an answer), I hated the question. Anwar was grandstanding. What the H answer did he expect? This was not an interview of Worthy, and Anwar knew that. The question was Chip Brown-esque. It destroyed the whole vibe of the media session.

Regarding Worthy’s understandable non-answer, I don’t know what to make of it. I’m not impressed with Worthy’s apparent lack of maturity and judgment. Notwithstanding the challenges QE has faced, Worthy is the feature WR in what Sark wants to be a high powered offense. Would he do better (be targeted more) at USC or somewhere else? I doubt it. NIL money? Maybe… If so, particularly in this case, talk about nauseating.

One final point. Just a hunch that Sark will not forget this question from Anwar going forward.

• Like Like x 2
  5. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  6. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

7. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

LB Ford answered the same question the same way.
    Coach K somewhat jokingly called him out for it.
    Hot button questions we’re asking about Texas football

Last edited: Dec 29, 2022
  8. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Players doing Horn Down in announcement of an okie st player transferring to ou?
    :lmao:

• Funny Funny x 4
  9. OrangeShogun

OrangeShogun 500+ Posts

Is this the statement that has everyone riled up? If so, I just don't see the problem.

10. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

No.
    During the offensive press conference. He was asked if he would be playing for UT next year.
    He replied that he was only thinking about the game Thursday night at this point. The above statement he made later.

11. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Remember, you don't negotiate NIL or conduct personell evaluation through the media. Let's not castigate players or coaches for not accommodating media asking them to do in public what is best done behind closed doors.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Which is the polite way to tell the reporter to stfu unless he has a real question to ask.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

I recently used to travel to South Bend.
    That, sir would be unicorn there.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

“Because I am currently under an IRS audit, I have been advised by my attorney to not answer the question.”

• Funny Funny x 4
  15. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

Rent free in their heads, baby. Love it!

• Winner Winner x 2
  16. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

Unicorns R Us

17. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Ford is thinking of The league after this game. Doubt seriously that he would be nothing more than a late round pick at that.
    Have the same season next year as he did this, he would make somebody's draft board.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

I love it. I wish it wasn't a penalty

19. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

X ? No penalty
    Look at post 545 above. It was not during a game. It was a promo for a transfer player.

20. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

21. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

22. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  23. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  24. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

25. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Same high school as Sydir Mitchell.

26. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

27. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

28. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  29. bishophorn

bishophorn 500+ Posts

Good luck to Ovie on his future, honestly thought he had used has last year anyway. Thinking the edge play performance needs an upgrade.

• Agree Agree x 3
  30. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

S Andrew Mukuba from Clemson has removed all his Clemson info from his social media pages and is now being followed by several Tx players and coaches.
    Reminder he is from Austin.

• Like Like x 1