2023 Portal Recruiting (Opens December 5th)

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by cnb, Nov 27, 2022.

1. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

I am guessing 1 or 2 wins

2. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

My thumbs up was based upon 3rd 4th quarter leads that give him…. And Arch some playing time

3. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

I don't have a problem with him running players off to make room for "his" recruits. I DO have a problem with his decision to deny those being run off video of their games/practices; effectively making it difficult for them to find a new home. To me that is fukking schlitty in the extreme. In other words, about what I expect out of Deion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

5. bishophorn

bishophorn 500+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

The loyalty and patience that Murphy has demonstrated are in short supply among NCAA athletes these days.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Murphy = Sam in my book.

• Like Like x 4
    • Hot Hot x 1
  8. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

I just can't shake this feeling that Ewers could lose his job.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  9. Sangre Naranjada

I hope Ewers *could* lose his job, just as I hope every other one of our starters knows they *could* lose theirs too.

If that's not the case, what is the point of competition?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

11. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

While I tend to agree with this comment, it is also possible that Ewers blows it up and plays lights out, to his elite talent level. To me that is more likely.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. erbutch

erbutch 500+ Posts

Ewers will have to improve 100 percent if he plays lights out. Not sold on the young man. So far it has been all hype.

• Hot Hot x 1
  13. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Ewers has played well at times. I think he is going to build on this. I can see him bearing down and getting better.
    And he may evolve into something really good. He's got a good line with depth and a really good set of receivers. And if he has to check down to his backs, he has rbs that can catch the ball and make the first guy miss. Folks, our offense may be special.
    I am more concerned about our defense. I hope we get better pressure on their QB. Thank goodness Ford is still here with his experience.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 7, 2023
  14. Your Wrong

Your Wrong 500+ Posts

We led the country in pressures. Of course, that doesn’t mean we can’t get better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. erbutch

erbutch 500+ Posts

Poms,It is good to see you drinking that orange kool aid again

• Like Like x 1
  16. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

we lead the country in pressures?
    did not know that.
    hope that continues. we are doing something right. It's going to be a fun season.
    we are going at least 14-1, right?

17. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I thought I heard Sark say something about needing to improve pressures, getting them to sacks

18. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Yes, converting pressures into sacks.

19. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Yep, with the only loss early, but not to Bama.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Sangre Naranjada

Rice with the huge upset?

• Funny Funny x 2
  21. txhorn_et

txhorn_et 1,000+ Posts

Sweet Baby Jesus, this cannot happen!

22. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

I was supposed to be there that rainy night in 1994. I was at a wedding in Houston for a friend who was a recent grad, and happy to discover that the game would be moved to Sunday. So we made plans to head over to Rice the following evening while the happy couple left for their honeymoon.

The weather was **** and I figured we'd roll them coming off the OU win. So I decided to head back home instead. Ugh. Winning that game would have been enough to give us the SWC outright and our last shot at the Cotton Bowl.

23. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

IIRC, Makovic benched 1/2 the team for disciplinary reasons. That teached 'em real good. God nose what they dun, but I bet they never dunit agin. I suffered my 1st mental/emotional break-down watching from my couch...hated that damn couch ever since. My wife wudent let me burn that couch in the front yard...so I divorced her ***. Must say, I've empathize with the tosu couch-burners ever since.

• Funny Funny x 2
  24. HalRex

HalRex 1,000+ Posts

Spider, is that you?:)

25. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

That was the first game I remember Mackovic "abandoning" the team, clutching his clipboard tight against his chest and pacing alone between the bench and the wall.

Not the last time with the most memorable being Rick Lantz' defense kicking the **** out of Ricky and our offense in Charlottesville on that miserable, cold rainy night in Charlottesville.

• Like Like x 1
  26. bishophorn

bishophorn 500+ Posts

Jaden Alexis lands at USF. Guess he wanted to be closer to home.
    It is refreshing to see some portal kids realize they need to be at a lessor known or smaller program for better playing time.
    Too bad Brenen Thompson didn’t understand he would be better off at Sam Houston State for example.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  27. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I believe Brennan Thompson would have been better off at USC, Ole Miss, Tennessee with a staff that appreciates his speed and can make him comfortable in his environment.

This is not a criticism of Sark and/or his staff. Seems clear that Thompson was neither happy nor comfortable on the Forty Acres. FWIW, I doubt OU's staff can develop his talent to put him in the first two rounds.

I hope the young man lights it up in the Dust Bowl and finds out in Fair Park that DBs love to knock the crap out of people.

• Like Like x 1
  28. bishophorn

bishophorn 500+ Posts

I can totally agree with Brenen going anywhere but OU.
    I also thought something was amiss when he skipped spring ball for track.
    As a former sprinter myself, I still put football first and track second.
    Maybe he just felt like he was not as good as the other guys? Would have liked to know what happened behind the scenes as I had really high hopes for his speed at WR.

• Like Like x 2
  29. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Kid must be an absolute mess for Kiffin to be kicking him off the team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

Nope...just an admirer. I miss Spidie.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1