2023 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Joe Fan, Nov 15, 2018.

1. longhornlegend

longhornlegend 1,000+ Posts

Dukesteer, Everyone except our opponents hopes this years team is different than last year. It would appear that UTSA has a pretty descent team so we will find out saturday. I think bama is very over rated based on what we saw saturday. Their skill positions are just no where near what they were last year. I dont really think we can be sure what we have as a team until after we play the land of thieves in October. By then we will know what we have. Had Quinn not been hurt on saturday, we would have won that game and I think pretty easily. Let just hope the same team continues to show up.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Of course you do, because to think otherwise would force you to give credit to <gasp> the coaching staff, including <oh, the horror!!!> PK.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. longhornlegend

Well, pk has a full year of work at Texas to go from. Just because you cant accept that doesnt mean others cant. Zero adjustments last year cost us having 7 losses. The offense put up enough points to win a lot of those games.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  4. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
    • Hot Hot x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

this is good ... his other finalist is OU

• Like Like x 1
  6. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

7. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 2
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  8. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Beat me to it.

We have to assume it's a bidding war and we certainly can't mock others for doing the same. It's professional football and I think we all knew it would come to this.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

The love professed for the individual schools is just PR. They are available to the highest bidder and will transfer at the drop of a hat. They are mercenaries and our love of them is now a love for our administrations bank account and our coaches ability to develop and organize them into a cohesive unit. The players aren't necessarily orange bloods such as we see here on Hornfans. So be it.

Of course, some do love Austin and the excitement of the game but you can get that excitement at many other top professional football programs.

10. George Bailey

George Bailey No beans in my chili, thank you

Someone wines & dines me in Austin to the tune of 280K? My BM is going to look like massive piles of Bob Armstrong dip topped with Hello Cupcakes. Ok, I could be bought fairly inexpensively...

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

I thought it was urine color. I need to keep up with the times.

12. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 7
  13. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
  14. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  15. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  17. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Yup. My apologies.

18. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

On Hale, Justin Wells had a quote from him last night along the lines of "I'm excited to transition from Ewers to Mannings in college". That may have been a tell about his upcoming decision but could have just been a slip up, he maybe meant his is excited about that as a possibility.
    Apparently he was also super happy to see Brennon Marion at the game. this was leaning Bama but does sound like Texas' is the leader at this point.

• Like Like x 7
  19. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Where's my thank you emoji? Lol

20. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Goosby and Stroh made it in.

• Like Like x 5
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2022
  21. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Pictures can sometimes be deceiving, but dang those dudes make Flood look tiny.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. longhornlegend

Big boys for sure. Flood is not a large man so that also contributes to the image. I would have to say that even if we had to buy the OL we signed last year, they are much more fun to watch than in almost 15 years. I think Quinn also helps improve the line play because he can make more throws that Card. Cards feet last saved that long play so he has things that help. He just doesnt have the long ball capability that Quinn has.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Pickle_Nuts

Pickle_Nuts Will travel with tickets.

I saw Stroh from where we were watching the game, dude is huge. Also watched Coach Beard crush some nachos.

And UT win…..

• Like Like x 7
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2022
  24. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • poop poop x 2
  25. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Lots of talk of Hale to bama. Fong believes it's bama.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • poop poop x 1
  26. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

well I believe he is going to Jackson State.:yikes:

• Funny Funny x 2
  27. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

looks like Bama, damn

28. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Looks like we're working on Louisville commit Deandre Moore (WR) for a while and recently picked it up.

• Like Like x 5
  29. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

must have known that it's Bama for Hale.

• Agree Agree x 2
  30. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

Hale to Bama.

Bama also got a DE from Tyler we would have loved to get.

Damn, wish we had won the game.

• poop poop x 2