2023 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Joe Fan, Nov 15, 2018.

1. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  2. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Nice! Kudos for adding Duce and the Hawaiian volcano to the sign.

• Like Like x 2
  3. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

cnb, discounting portal activity and potential attrition, how many more can we take?

4. Gylcomer

Gylcomer 500+ Posts

Is Samuel Omosigho considering flipping from Ou?

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  5. DCW

DCW 25+ Posts

How in the hell is Sark going to speak with each and every recruit? This is insane but pretty much awesoome.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  6. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

We have enough staff to handle it. And the staff will have the commits acting like chaperones as well.

Some of the 24/25 class guys may not get as much 1 on 1 time with coaches as they want but a win a vibe check will make it worth the trip and tons of time left to close them.

• Like Like x 1
  7. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Ive not looked at the roster. But the consensus seems to be 28-29.

8. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Georgia expected to flip this Converse Judson WR from Oklahoma. Don't know about the other.

Anthony Evans, Judson, Wide Receiver

9. ATX_Horns

ATX_Horns 250+ Posts

So about 8 sports left ? Portal included ?

10. George Bailey

George Bailey No beans in my chili, thank you

A QB named Austin Mack belongs in Austin. Is there a RB named Moon Towers out there anywhere?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  11. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  12. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  13. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  14. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Wonder what the offense recruits are thinking?

15. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

That Sark doesn't have a ******* clue what he is doing as HC

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

My niece who goes to UT saw Arch Manning hanging out at Figi house today.

17. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Time for damage control.

18. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

19. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  20. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  21. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  22. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  23. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  24. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  25. hornde68

hornde68 250+ Posts

Texas gave up TDS on a bad LB angle and a blown safety coverage. That is one Derek Williams and one Anthony Hill from a win. That is what 5* recruits think. Thankfully, the best ones around looking to ride the finished product float.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  26. ATX_Horns

ATX_Horns 250+ Posts

i hope you’re right. I know we did well after 5-7, but a W last night could have really sealed the deal with some of those kids. I would think they might reassess now.

27. hornde68

hornde68 250+ Posts

The core of our two MNC’s, 1969 & 1970, came after 3 consecutive 6-4 seasons. Few (NONE) remember rumblings that the game had passed by DKR. The Worster Bunch were certainly not of the ‘me too’ generation. Now, if a team quits ( see Mackovic and Strong teams) or current day OU and aTm, that’s a different matter. If I’m a stud recruit, I see a graduating DB bunch, no great LBs coming back, need for DL’s and a depleted WR group. Or, at least one needing more speed. As an RB, I see the bones of the best OL in football in a year or two. Did anybody see Harold Perkins(who we narrowly missed) eat Arkansas alive? If we had him (or A.Hill next year) our D can be awesome. Football players, real football players, are about building championships not joining late and basking in unearned glory. Give this young team a break, curb the bitching (nobody on this board has anything more than a ***** forum of power) and support another recruiting brick to the wall. Hell, I’m old and have reason for impatience, but take a deep breath and let the process work. Apparently, PK has learned how to coach a defense. Most likely not from internet bitching!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  28. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Did they switch sides at halftime?

29. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

We finally get Duce to visit and we lay an egg in the first half (0 points) and nearly one in the 2nd half.

30. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

When I got to UT (early 70's) I was surprised how many were bitching that the game had passed DKR by...shortly after winning back to back MNC's. After graduation I left Austin for a couple of yrs. Upon return shortly after he retired as HC, I got on an elevator @ Belmont. DKR stepped on right behind me with 2 other guys. I was amazed...he looked like a VERY old man. The stress of the job had definitely taken a toll. Saw him again 25-30 yrs later & he looked 25-30 yrs younger than he did on that Belmont elevator. Being HC Football @ UT is one of the most stressful/high pressure jobs in the country. Not sure I'd want it even if they paid me Jimbo's salary.

• Like Like x 1