2023 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Joe Fan, Nov 15, 2018.

1. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

There are guys who haven't seen the field and, for whatever reason, don't think they will here.

If they can get a shot somewhere, good luck.

I wish we saw more guys who can tell they deserve to be a reserve and are glad to be wearing burnt orange. We still have those, but fewer now.

3. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Interesting tweet from Langi concerning DE/LB Tausili Akana from Lehi, UT.

His sister Keonilei is a volleyball player for Nebraska who has entered the portal, and she's now following a lot of Texas players.

Akana and his father were in Lincoln this past weekend.

Tausili Akana, Skyridge, Linebacker

Last edited: Apr 26, 2022
  4. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

In his presser, Sark mentioned having thorough exit interviews with the players. I'm guessing he won't be the only one entering the portal when it's said and done. The portal is a 2 way street and the reality of the world of college football. Good luck to the young man and all others that may enter the portal

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. longhorn47

longhorn47 500+ Posts

Gonna need a few more to his the 85 roster limit in August

6. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

This is getting out of control ... and get off my lawn kid ...

• poop poop x 1
  7. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

recent commit quote ... paid article but free quote :smile1:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  9. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  10. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  11. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

3* OT from WA

• Like Like x 1
  12. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

yikes ... the seismic changes are coming ... bye bye Group of 5

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  13. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

It's bizarre to think that the college game could be the wild west show. Even the NFL has some rules.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

2 days ...

• Like Like x 4
  15. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Sorry you missed recruiting in the 70s & 80s

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I hear you but I was referring to the rules being cast away. At least someone had a template for honesty at one point but we know that was a joke.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

by,

Unfortunately, there were certain people to whom "the rules" never applied. People who never bent or stretched the rules, but totally ignored them. First person that comes to mind is Tom Osborne with his "community scholarships" and 200-300 visits a year. I would submit to you that having 225 players on "scholarship" is a little different than "bending" the rules.

We won't discuss their never-ending supply of Kickapoo joy juice.

18. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

Osborne was reduced to recruiting from the California State Reformatory for Criminally Insane but Hugely Talented Athletes School.

And finally won a national championship.

He (the jock, not Osborne) was charged with dragging a female athlete down the stairs by her hair. Dono what happened to her but her boyfriend is coaching somewhere now. Can't recall where exactly.

Those were exciting times. Fred Akers had to recruit against scum like that and that future Cowboys coach up in Alta Texas. He did pretty well but did not win a national championship so he got retired

19. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

I have a take on Mathis that worries me a bit. To me there is little doubt that choosing Texas has the potential to blow up his draft status. After all, simply from an exposure standpoint, it’s no contest between Texas and Nebraska or TCU.

But with exposure comes pressure. If he’s all that he has been cracked up to be, his stock should soar. But if he is just mediocre, that will be apparent as well.

The upside and the downside is greater in Austin, and perhaps that intimates him. So he may see Lincoln or FtW as being safer.

20. bishophorn

bishophorn 500+ Posts

Jordon Thomas to the portal. Edge fr. from Port Arthur. He arrived this spring after sitting out last year. Had high hopes for him. Good luck to him if he leaves.

21. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  22. bishophorn

bishophorn 500+ Posts

The exits continue. Now Dixon and Harrison. Both WR’s.

23. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

CB Tony Mitchell of Alabaster, AL is likely to use an official visit on Texas at the end of June.

The odd thing is Texas didn't make his Top 5, but he's a guy who is very clearly looking to take advantage of NIL as A&M and Tennessee are heavily involved.

Tony Mitchell, Thompson, Cornerback

24. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Has scheduled an official for june 24-26.

25. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Looks like the post spring game one on one conversations have taken place and those being told they will likely not play are bolting.

26. longhornlegend

longhornlegend 1,000+ Posts

I think both would have been lucky to see the field any way. Wish them luck!

27. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

I wanted to see more of Dixon

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  28. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

• Hot Hot x 1
  29. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

I dont mind losing players if we are replacing them with better players which for the most part we are. But we do lose experience some times.
    Go horns

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

We do have his former WR coach here.

• Like Like x 1