2023 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Joe Fan, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Color me confused yet impressed. Before last year we could barely beg a highly rated o-line prospect to sign. Now we don't even have to recruit a 4 star and he commits without ever visiting? Even with connections years ago I'm suspicious. I hope he comes, dominates and turns into a draft pick. Fingers crossed.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  3. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Sydir Mitchell supposedly said Texas has three silent commitments, not including Kirkland.

Two defense and one offense.

Also, there will be a secret visitor or two at the BBQ next weekend.

• Like Like x 5
  4. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

We didn't have Sark and we didn't have Flood. As mentioned several times on this site Herman and Hand devastated our relationship with OL recruits.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. hornde68

hornde68 250+ Posts

Confused as well. But, the 1967 recruiting class was out of this world. Known then and ever since as ‘the Worster Bunch’. It is no small enticement to an 18 yo to imagine being part of something national championship

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. hornde68

hornde68 250+ Posts

National championship possible.er didn’t have the social media or even complete lists of the other recruits but we had players who wanted to be a part. Bertelsen’s uncle sent Coach a Royal hame film with a solicitation.yjat class made the guts of the’69 team. And we lost TommyNobis’ brother to a terrible accident.and another all-sec freshmanDE to a freak wrist injury.
    Mow days all these top recruits know Rachel other,pound social media, the we sigh a phenom, Arch, who actively recruits Cook who work on Muhammad. Each pumps on Baxter (who seems to be on board0 and he pumps Kirkland. We are now reaching a group of recruits, when cobbled together with the studs from last tear looks like a full line-up of all conference typrs at 20+ of the 22 starting positions

7. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

We also didn't have a Manning.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  8. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I don't know if you knew Alan personally or not, but that wrist injury was really freakish. He was not only All SWC Freshman DE but also first team OL. Everyone remembers Cotton's speed, but Alan and Cotton were friends and competitors in the hurdles in HS. FWIW, Cotton NEVER beat Alan hurdle races. Having him opposite Attesis (sp) at hte other DE would have been huge.

FWIW, Cotton sat out the entire freshman season with another freaky health issue that had him majorly disappointed. Cotton was a TB at Port Arhtur and averaged over 10 yards a carry his senior year.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Well, for years we have been complaining about the offensive line. Looks like the ship has docked and the future looks bright. We gonna have a stud line for years to come. Pancake U. To go along with great rb's, receivers, qb's. Wow
    We are building a tremendous offense as good as any ever i dare say. We are going to light up the NFL draft every year in the near future. I am sure we will also get Hale and Baxter. Watching Baxter, a thoroughbred horse, run behind those monster linemen is going to be fun. Somebody pinch me.:trophy::thumbup:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2022
  10. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Manning is doing heavy recruiting. He don't play. He may be our most important recruit ever if his career pans out. He probably will recruit for '24 also.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

He is going to be out top recruiter for 23', 24' and 25'.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  12. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Hearing this guy is taking notice with what we're doing in Florida. Lots of twitter chatter. Cook, Muhammad and Kirkland pushing hard here.

• Like Like x 11
  13. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

NIL

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  14. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

To some extent.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

NIL plays into it, no doubt.

But you can't take the Flood >>>>>>>>>Hand part of the equation completely away.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

I think Manning played a healthy part in landing kirkland also cause he and kirkland had been talking for several weeks. All Manning had to say is "i need some one to protect my blind side". I am certain that perked Kirkland's ears.
    From reading about Kirkland i can tell he is a proud, team-oriented guy. He has his brother's back type of guy.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2022
  17. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

What is the status of Guibeaux and ibraheem. Are they still in the the dog house? Are they solid for the team?

18. bishophorn

bishophorn 500+ Posts

Both are still on the updated roster and I recall hearing both are doing well and expected back for practice.

• Like Like x 4
  19. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

I saw Ibraheems injury when it happened last year. I knew he was probably going to have surgery.
    I know that this isn’t about his injury, but young man.
    You dodged two bullets and an injury.
    Time to grow up.

20. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Arch Manning didn’t pick Texas because of NIL.

While certainty NIL plays a role, I believe that without NIL but with the Manning commitment and the momentum, we would be at about the same place right now, regardless.

Texas has become the sexy pick for many, and the band wagon effect is on full display. We simply need to perform on the field in the fall and the outlook for 23, 24 and beyond will be very bright.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  21. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

I believe Arch madness plays a role.
    And what OL recruit wouldn't want to block for Bijan?
    But a NIL package was specifically created for OL recruits and we landed the top OL recruiting class in the nation before Arch committed.
    Would Arch have come here without that OL class in place?

• Agree Agree x 4
  22. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

comparing latest recruits ... Payton has 55 lbs on the lil fella

23. George Bailey

George Bailey No beans in my chili, thank you

The derp appears strong in their latest commit...

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  25. Pickle_Nuts

Pickle_Nuts Will travel with tickets.

26. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

aggy.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2022
  27. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

That guy just looks aggy.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  28. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

"If kids are all about camps and getting their ranking as high as possible, you'd think they'd be very aware that Arch (as a player) appears to be a fraud. Which would kill his " I want to play with the best" BS we're seeing at tu. So in essence, he's entirely living off of a family name."

So who gave Arch 5 stars? Himself? His dad? Peyton or Eli? Archie? Who exactly gave him 5 stars I wonder? Hmmmmmmm. Sark perhaps? Hmmmmmmm.......

29. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

Caption: Where be the sheep barn?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  30. 22Horn

22Horn 500+ Posts

Who would admit being an aggie that writes this stuff? These guys should be an embarrassment to genuine Texas A&M supporters!!

Someone on HF's mentioned last week that this past weekend should be very exciting for recruiting; maybe we missed something!