2023 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Sep 20, 2018.

1. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

LOL, hit a nerve where?:idk: Projecting at it's finest. And trying to use certain words such as bigotry as a defense mechanism because that truth hurts. But.... yeah, back to recruiting.:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
  2. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Still some folks on the WBB forum who don’t know about the Sports and Politics policy that was added to the Posting Guidelines a couple years ago, and has been referenced here on Hornfans many times.

I will not have Hornfans forums hijacked by political noise. This is a sports site and we have a place for politics if you want to do that.

If you start your post with “Not trying to make this political but...” and then post something about politics, you failed. If you make a political comment and then claim that you’re “just joking” then you failed. ALL politics belongs on the West Mall only. If you still don’t understand how this works, PM me.

@kurupt
    @Bobcat
    @DFW_Horn
    @Born in ATX
    @GoHorns22

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  3. lovevb

lovevb < 25 Posts

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. lovevb

lovevb < 25 Posts

Thank you. I love Hornfans. Politics not so much. I always look forward to reading the various sports specific forums on this site.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  5. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

Yes, THANK YOU for the reminder to all!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I believe Rosario visited South Carolina, and now Tennessee. Someone has posted that Coach Lovato flew to Argentina a couple of weeks ago to watch her play; so, I'd like to assume we are in contention, or why bother making that long trip?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  8. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

This could apply to any recruiting year but since we’re still actively pursuing 2023s…

9. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Rhetorical Question: Is that Vic and 2 assistants or Vic and 3 assistants?

10. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Technically, it’s Vic and 1 assistant. :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

From SBLive:

Here are 20 high school girls basketball players from 20 states who had a season worthy of national recognition.

Texas: Sammie Wagner, G, Reagan, jr.
    Wagner, a five-star 6-foot-1 guard who has committed to Texas, averaged 26 points, 11.7 rebounds, 2.5 assists, 1.9 blocks and 1.5 steals in 31 games. Wagner had 24 points and 19 rebounds in a 41-40 loss to Cibolo Steele in the playoffs.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Although we weren't for sure if Aliyah Matharu would stick around for her COVID season come 2023-24, I wonder now if her transferring out will impact our need for another shooting guard from the 2023 recruiting class. We know Sonya Morris will only be around for one season; since Shaylee Gonzales already spent 4 years at BYU, I'd say the odds are against her returning to Texas for 2023-24 (unless she is intent on earning a Masters Degree).

I don't know if Sami Wagner will be more suited for PF or SF in college, or if Gisella Maul will be more suited for SG or SF.

Seems like PG Hannah Hidalgo and W Madison Booker are still on our radar. I wonder if the coaching staff will look more at Cy-Faire Elite's SG Chloe Clardy (Arkansas); I don't see anything out there as to which schools she's considering.

Could be that the success we are having in the transfer portal will limit how may additional 2023 recruits we pursue.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2022
  13. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

I hope this was a TYPO!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Oops! Yes, a name mishap!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 8
  16. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Elena liking a lot of tweets about Madison Booker on the U17 team this morning.

From one of the tweeted articles:

Booker, who is ranked No. 15 in the latest ESPNW Top 100 for the Class of 2023, narrowed her college choices down to nine schools – Mississippi State, South Carolina, Tennessee, Connecticut, Duke, Florida State, Louisville, Oregon, and Texas – on Sept. 18 last year. Booker – whose dad Carlos was a 6-foot-10 center for Southern Miss in the 1990s – has visited Duke and Tennessee.

• Like Like x 3
  17. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Always smart getting in front of the high school coaches…

• Like Like x 2
  18. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Not everyone may remember but Samantha Wagner was previously a Baylor commit. Looking back at her Twitter feed everything was about Baylor until Mulkey left. She and her family had seats, good seats, at the final four that Baylor won in 2019. I was really surprised when she didn't follow Mulkey to LSU? Maybe she wanted to stay close to home or with Vic the new coach she followed her heart where she wanted to really go! No matter the reason I am very glad she is going to be a Longhorn. I think she is going to be fabulous.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Baylor fans thought they had a chance at signing Chloe Kitts . . .

• Like Like x 1
  20. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Abbie Boutilier was on campus visiting:

• Like Like x 2
  21. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Missed this tweet when Abbie camped with us:

• Like Like x 1
  22. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Goodness. Looking at her height compared to Joanne!

23. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Surprised Joanne was working the summer camp.

• Like Like x 1
  24. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

So what is the relationship between Cokie Reed in summer camp and Texas? Is she a candidate to be one of the two assistant coach hires?

• Like Like x 3
  25. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Missed 1 practice in 9 years? That’s impressive.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  26. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

AAU coaches REALLY appreciate as many players as can being at practice. With all the things kids have going on, it’s difficult to be there. Wagner’s attendance shows how important basketball is in her life.

• Agree Agree x 2
  27. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

I think C. Reed just enjoy helping with the Camps.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Texashorns2022

Texashorns2022 100+ Posts

Hopefully we can land her and btw I did not know she was born in Texas

• Like Like x 7
  29. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Del Rosario is strong, athletic and appears to be a willing passer. Just from the few clips on the blog link. She says business is her college major. Then Texas and Duke would be high on the list. Tennessee is up there cause she’s playing there now. South Carolina cause they are defending National Chsmps. She would anchor both offensively and defensively for years. Hope she visits the Horns.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  30. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

What a shocker. </sarcasm>