2023 Texas Rangers

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by bystander, Mar 30, 2023.

1. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Gotta go do some honey-do's... check back later.

Rangers up 11-7....going to T5

HHR- this game may have a football score by the time it is over!!

2. WorsterMan

Anyone get the final on this!?

3. YearOfTheSteer

YearOfTheSteer 500+ Posts

221 runs through the first 33 games. That's a club record and the most by any MLB team since 2000. :texasflag: :fire:

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. WorsterMan

Wow, allsome stat!!!

Final vs Angles!?

5. WorsterMan

Never mind... looked it up:

16 - 8 good guys!!!

Wow! 2 TD''s, missed PAT, 1 FG for the win!

Last edited: May 7, 2023
  6. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Martin Perez got touched up pretty good today but wow is that lineup coming through with run support. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop but 33 games in (approaching 1/4 of season done) and the Rangers continue to be a very solid club that hits well and gets just enough pitching to win series. :texasflag:

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Rangers take the opener in Seattle to run their current win streak to three on the road. The AL west is looking very weak early on and the Rangers need to make some hay while the rest of the division struggles.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Good point, FWHORN - other teams in the AL West are also coping with key injuries. If the Rangers get Seager back pretty quickly and DeGrom doesn't miss a bunch of starts, the Rangers could build a pretty impressive lead in the division. A big lead would be very nice to have - the Astros won't stay down for long.

9. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Rangers lose game two in Seattle but have chance to get another series win today in the rubber match.

10. WorsterMan

Beat Seattle today 4-3 !!

22-14 on the season and leading Amer. League West.

• Like Like x 2
  11. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

First series win in Seattle since 2019 and now 4 games in Oakland to complete the ten game road trip. A split with the A's means a 6-4 road trip which is a successful road trip, win 3 in Oakland and its a fantastic road trip.

12. HornHuskerDad

I'll second that. Going even deeper: the Rangers got series wins against the Angels and Mariners (both expected to be contenders this season), and now they get four against the A's (expected to be the cellar-dweller this season). I would hope that the Rangers are expecting to win 3 of the 4 games in Oakland - and a sweep is a potential outcome. As you said, 7-3 would be a fantastic road trip - but 8-2 would be even better.

13. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

The A's are 8 - 30. Anything less than the Rangers winning 3 out of 4 will be disappointing.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. WorsterMan

Rangers get er done.... you are the clearly better team!!!

15. WorsterMan

22-14 leading the division. Crush lowly Oakland and come home for a good homestand.

16. WorsterMan

Rangers spank the lowly A's: 4-0 !!!

Great pitching by Eovaldi - 12 strikeouts tonight!!

Improve to 23-14

• Like Like x 1
  17. HornHuskerDad

I don't know how long his scoreless streak can last - sooner or later he'll give up a run. But he is (a) eating innings to protect the bullpen, (b) keeping the opponents off the scoreboard while the Rangers score a few, and (c) piling up the W's. It really helps that he's going deep into his starts and giving the bullpen a night to rest.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: May 13, 2023
  18. WorsterMan

Friday eve, Perez pitching and I'm licking my chops for a win!!

19. WorsterMan

Going to the 10th inning 5-5.... bullpen gave up tying run in the 9th.

20. WorsterMan

A's walkoff HR 9 -7 in the 10th off Burke.

21. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Interesting that no Will Smith in the bottom of the tenth, he had pitched in two straight games and I guess needed a night off, the bullpen for the Rangers is a glaring weakness.

22. HornHuskerDad

For sure. If the Rangers had W's in half of the blown saves, they'd be running away with the AL West. Hope the GM is researching possible moves to bolster the bullpen - and quickly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. WorsterMan

Rangers win 5-0 Sat. Record 24-15 I think. Sunday, good guys could win the series and go 7-3 on the road trip.

24. WorsterMan

Bochy has got the Rangers rolling! If we can get ace DeGrom healthy and back in the mix, with a settled down and consistent Bullpen.... they could kick serious *** in the division.

A dependable designated CLOSER would be huge!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 13, 2023
  25. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Hearing on the Ticket that DeGrom could be in line for his second Tommy John surgery (I didn’t even know that was possible). Nice 8th inning explosion today has Rangers set to be 25-15 through 40 games and on pace to win 100 games. Can’t say I had on pace to win 100 after 40 on my Ranger bingo card preseason but I’ll take it.:texasflag:

• Like Like x 1
  26. WorsterMan

Damn - bad news if correct re DeGrom 2nd! TJ surgery!!!!!!

27. WorsterMan

Today, good news, Rangers beat Oakland to go 25-15. 3 of 4 vs. the lowly A's... should have been 4.

Come home for a needed homestand!

Last edited: May 14, 2023
  28. HornHuskerDad

7-3 road trip against the AL West - just what the doctor ordered. Atlanta won't be easy - 2 out of 3 would be very nice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. sblazer

sblazer 500+ Posts

Sure fire bets. RANGERS OVER on Sunday games. It's insane!

30. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Nice of the Rangers last night to make sure all the good karma was over at the AA Center for the Stars and not suck any of that good juju away as Atlanta gave a rude welcome to the majors to Cody Bradford and blew them out. Rangers need to at least get one from the Braves over next two and then hopefully do something against the Rockies so they come out of this seven game home stand at least 4-3.

• Agree Agree x 3