2023 Texas Rangers

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by bystander, Mar 30, 2023.

1. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Different story Tues. eve vs Braves.

B7th.. good guys up 6-1 and may get more!!!

2. WorsterMan

Damn bullpen!! 6-4

3. WorsterMan

B8 - Duran solo HR

7-4

... and that is your final!!

Dunning had a good night in 6 innings. Smith closed the door in the 9th in an impressive way.

26-16 on the season.

Last edited: May 16, 2023
  4. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Bullpen meltdown let Braves score three in eighth, making it a bit close for comfort. But a shutdown ninth did the job for a 7-4 win. Eovaldi on the hill tomorrow - hope for a W to take 2 of 3 from Atlanta.

• Like Like x 2
  5. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Rangers beat Atlanta in game two and have chance to win that series today against the NL East leading Braves. Meanwhile it is Kumar Rocker that is getting Tommy John and not so far at least deGrom. When I heard tommy john in a ticker yesterday I about vomited but then I heard it was Kumar, so still waiting to see what happens with DeGrom. Apparently rangers knew this was a possibility and there is an option year for them on his contract if he misses more than certain number of games in a season due to injury.

6. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

7. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Rocker (minors) is the one undergoing Tommy John.

8. WorsterMan

Game 3:
    B 4th
    2-2

9. WorsterMan

3-2 now, good guys!

10. WorsterMan

4-2

Last edited: May 17, 2023
  11. WorsterMan

12. WorsterMan

Eovaldi allsome thru 7....

Ranger 4 - 3!

13. WorsterMan

Fine Semien triple baby! 1 out. Get him home !!

Braves going to pen!

14. WorsterMan

Harris RBI!! Semein scores from 3rd.

5-3

15. WorsterMan

I will be in Perdido Key FL next week on vacation. Will count on y'all to get wins.

Rangers need to kick Colorado Asses next week !!!

16. WorsterMan

Meantime Braves feast on our Bullpen and tie the game.

5-5

:angry: :angry: :angry:

17. HornHuskerDad

Sborz can't get it done (again) and Braves tie it up in top of the 8th. One out and runner on first, with Burke pitching. Need to shut this rally down RIGHT NOW! Heart of the order coming up for Rangers in the bottom of 8th - really need this W (along with some quick improvement in the bullpen).

• Like Like x 1
  18. WorsterMan

Braves solo HR off Burke .... 6 -5 braves T9

19. HornHuskerDad

Well, phooey. Arcia hits a homer in top of 9th and Braves lead 6-5. Hope the Rangers have a comeback in their half of the ninth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. WorsterMan

Barlow comes in to relieve with a ERA of 2.81, in the minors....

Whew, deep fly for an out and Rangers up B9th.

21. WorsterMan

Had decent lead....

Final 6-5 braves o_O

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  22. LousianaHorn

LousianaHorn Kabong

dont look now but Astros walk off Cubs and are only 1 1/2 back, plus Altuve should be back real soon......

• Hot Hot x 1
  23. WorsterMan

Rangers need DeGrom back soon...

24. HornHuskerDad

Definitely snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. As Louisiana Horn noted, the Astros are coming on quickly. Immediate need - fix the bullpen issues!

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. aUTfan

aUTfan 2,500+ Posts

I've been keeping one eye on these guys....my whole life the Rangers folded like a cheap tent after the all star break.....With Bochy and Young at the helm, this may not be the same old rangers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

man. agreed

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  27. HornHuskerDad

Interesting start this afternoon. Rockies load the bases with no outs in top of the first, and Gray gets three outs - Rockies don't score. In the bottom on the first, Rangers get a double from Simien, moved up to third on a groundout, and scores on an infield single. Hope the Rangers can pile up a bunch of runs today - Rockies have a decent offense.

28. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Rangers took first two from Colorado and are up 5-0 in the third inning today. I have to say that I wasn’t the biggest fan of the Bochy hire given his age but wow has he been an incredible difference in everything about what this team looks like. I know it’s just a little over a quarter of the season but I honestly think he has this team already a contender for a playoff spot and that is beyond anything I would have hoped for this season. Hell I just wanted .500 baseball. It may all come crashing down as it so often seems to do with the Rangers but what a fantastic first 45 plus games.

29. HornHuskerDad

Don't give up on the Rangers, FWHORN. Today they're now up 11-0 in the fifth inning. Theis team is one of the best offenses in baseball (maybe the best). The rotation is among the best. Yeah, Chris needs to do something to fix the bullpen.
    The Astros are sill the better team, but not by very much. When the season started, I, like you, was hoping for a .500 season. Now that we're a quarter of the season down the line, I'm thinking playoffs - maybe not the AL West title, but as a wild card. Probably not ready to advance far in the playoffs, but definitely headed in the right direction.

• Like Like x 2
  30. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

This.

• Like Like x 2