2024 GOP Primary

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Mr. Deez, Feb 8, 2023.

1. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

McConnell and Romney. Those types.

2. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Based on what?

3. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Oh, probably from the last president who decided to look into Ukraine. You weren't naïve enough to believe it was because Trump was looking into a possible competitor in Biden, right? When DeSantis starts taking care of the corrupt cash cows watch what happens.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2023
  4. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Do you really think we're spending all of this money in Ukraine for freedom or any of that?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Two things. First, Romney and McConnell didn't distance themselves from Trump because of Ukraine. Second, at least from everything I've read, Desantis is pro-Ukraine. I don't know that he embraces every facet of how Biden is handling the issue, but he's generally on the side of Ukraine.

6. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Maybe not but Romney voted for impeachment over the incident. Let me remind you Romney has a kid on the Burisma board like Biden.

DeSantis is pro-Ukraine but I don't think he's going to allow what's going on to continue. If he does then he is part of the problem.

• Like Like x 1
  7. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

If I'm a Dem, I see how the country voted in the mid-terms, and I stick Biden back up there.

8. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Sleepy will be totally catatonic by 2024. Perfect dem candidate.

9. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I've never heard that before, and when I googled it, I found a fact check saying it's not true. Obviously, that doesn't prove anything, but I also don't see anything confirming it either.

There are two camps on this. First, you've got people who don't want to do anything, and that group consists of ideological non-interventionists (Ron Paul types) and a few who actually view Putin as the good guy and defender of Christian heritage and Ukraine as the bad guys because they want to align with secular, EU-types. Trump flirted with some of this but never embraced it in practice.

Second, you've got people who are solidly pro-Ukraine and are willing to help them, but they are skeptical of some of the specifics of how it's being done and suspicious of the intentions of the Left's support. I could see Desantis fitting into that camp. Hell, I fit into that camp. I don't think Romney or McConnell are going to have a major problem with that camp so long as the interest in helping is there.

10. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Absolutely. He beat Trump before. No reason not to try with him again. He'll struggle to campaign, but the media will dutifully cover for him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

I've seen some of these people comment. Very strange to see that viewpoint in Americans.

There is some truth to this on the surface, because our government is pushing globohomo on everyone at this point. But Putin is still no defender of Christianity or in any way a good guy. He uses that as rhetoric but he isn't Christian and certainly doesn't act like it. Russians are more traditional in their view points in general.

12. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

He struggled to campaign last time, but somehow still managed to win, or at least come up with more votes.

13. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

In terms of news, there is fighting in Bakhmut now on the edge of the separatist region. Ukraine backed up a little bit to a more defensible position. Sounds like Russia is pushing West again but still very slow and chewing up people.

14. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Romney voted for impeachment over "abuse of power" against Trump over his phone call in Ukraine. Well, supposedly. Romney's son is on the Burisma board.

I'm talking about DeSantis putting an end to the corruption from both parties' dealings in Ukraine.

15. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Come up with more votes is the key. To anybody who thinks this doddering fool actually got 81 million votes I have some ocean front in Arizona I want to sell to you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Mr D
    Do You think Biden won the 2020 election fairly? No fraud or cheating?

17. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Deez said he would accept voter fraud if it was ever proved in court. On a personal level I don't know how anybody would tie their beliefs to what our **** court systems think but each to his own.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hollandtx

Hollandtx 250+ Posts

I don't know how much faith to put in to polls any longer, but there are a few that show Trump beating DeSantis, or, a pulling out a very close "win"
    My fear is Trump loses the nomination, his ego can't take it, and he runs as an Independent with his 30% Always Trumpers voting for him.

The Republican vote is split, and whoever the Dems put up will win easily.
    Worst case scenario is Mr. Slick, Gavin Newsome.
    There might be no coming back from that, ever.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

If what matters is what can be proven in a court of law, does Mr. D or anyone else around here think O.J. didn't do it?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

As usual hic drills down to reality

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

It's like we know the MSM leans hard left. Hard to prove it in court but we all know that it's true.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Waiting to hear
    Do you Mr D think Biden won the 2020 election?

23. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

It's pretty late now in England. He's probably asleep.

24. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

FIFY

:coolnana:

• Funny Funny x 3
  25. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

lol. He does love that English beer.

• Funny Funny x 2
  26. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I went to bed at 11 (5 pm your time). I actually had no booze. I drove to Salisbury last night and got a hotel room. Deez, Jr. and I are visiting the Salisbury Cathedral (which has the best preserved original of the Magna Carta) and Stonehenge today. Mrs. Deez is in Belton visiting her mom, who had a medical scare.

27. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I think he did it, and I didn't say I only believe what courts say. However, when the people who most have a reason to take something to court and don't make every effort to do so, that's a good reason to doubt the merits of it.

One thing on OJ, there actually is a plausible argument that his son actually did it and that he covered for him. Not saying I totally buy it, but after reading up on it, I can see the case for it. It wouldn't shock me.

28. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Yes.

29. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Supposedly his son works for Burisma, but is there a source for this? I can't find anything that backs that up.

And Romney voted to convict because he either genuinely didn't like the phone call (like I didn't) or because he was looking for a reason to mess with Trump, whom he never liked.

To the extent that there's corruption in the Ukrainian aid, it's probably not corruption by sitting US elected officials. Way too easy for that to be exposed. It is most likely corruption by people you and I have never heard of - DoD procurement officials, defense contractors, and sleazy business and political figures in Ukraine. Think Peter Strzok types at DoD.

30. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Would be a disaster worse than Ross Perot being an indy.

• Disagree Disagree x 1