2024 Presidential Election: let the jockeying commence

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Joe Fan, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

The tendency of Democrats to just ignore or dismiss the revenue numbers when talking about tax cuts just baffles me. But they've gotten away with those kinds of BS mischaracterizations for decades. The virtually never get confronted with reality about it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

The media helps them with vilifying "the rich", which, of course, media executives are. None of what y'all mentioned matters. What matters, of course, is convincing stupid people that Republicans are scoundrels who are only helping their rich corporate tycoon buddies with tax cuts.

3. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

This is true, but they're routinely allowed to directly make the deficit argument and claim tax cuts as the big deficit driver of the 1980s and 2000s and spin those periods as times of great revenue loss when the complete opposite is true. And of course, spending levels are never examined, so all kinds of fake narratives get pitched on that too. We hear about "massive cuts" to health and education, and it literally has never happened.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. horninchicago

Right. It's all to get votes from stupid people.

5. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

God must have loved the stupid, for he made so many of them. This quote is often misattributed to Abe Lincoln, on whose watch more Americans died than any other president. I think it was actually from H L Mencken or maybe me.

• Like Like x 1
  6. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I wasn't sure where to post this, but this is the actual fraud that is taking place. And it's right before our very eyes, just like the other election fraud which was the media lying in their support of the DNC.

Vice President Harris, Treasury announce billions for Black, minority businesses at Freedman’s Bank Forum

This is vote-buying pure and simple. And they will get away with it. They are using their #1 hit man, Kamala Harris, who is incompetent in all ways except being an arrogant, bully.

7. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

From the lead in the article, where they claim "Black-owned businesses suffered disproportionately during the pandemic, with ownership rates seeing a 41% drop between February and April 2020."

Hmm...my guess is a lot of those are in Dem-run jurisdictions. Which jurisdictions botched the lockdown nonsense the worst? Oh, right...Dem-run jurisdictions.

So, yeah...this is basically the restitution for having screwed those business owners because of governmental mismanagement. Or, as so aptly described...bribes posing as easy money based upon race.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

These are small businesses which were disproportionately hurt by the COVID lockdowns and regulations. Giving them loans isn't going to help.

I am willing to bet many of these black business owner see through it, because they know hurt them in the first place.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

They will still take the money
    and likely still vote Dem

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

^So far he's off to a great start! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

Who doesn't love a trickle out of the shower? Make it a game to get that shampoo off, no?

14. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Am I the only one who ever realized those low-flow shower heads just had an insert that could quickly be pulled out with a pair of needle-nose pliers? Voila...high flow restored.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

You are not! The plumber did it for me when we remodeled the bathroom circa 2016. I saw how easy it was and would do it myself should a new showerhead be required.

He was like, "your new shower is ready to go", turned it on, and I was like "where's the water?" He said wait a second and popped that sucker out.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. horninchicago

That's cool. I bet most plumbers would not do it, fearing they would be reported or something. But that's good to know.

• Like Like x 1
  17. lkainer

lkainer 500+ Posts

Let's go Brandon!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

But you don't need the plumber to do it...it is usually in the head where either it screwed to the pipe or, if a corded head, where the cord plugs in.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

If you hire an independent plumber and offer to pay him in cash, I'll bet he would.

This low-flow thing is dumb. Don't they know people will just take longer showers to rinse everything off? It's annoying, but we're just not going to do what they want. It's like the stupid European washing machines. They're very small and very slow to save water and energy. However, I'm not going to wear dirty underwear just because some dumbass bureaucrat in Brussels thinks he's saving the world. I just basically have the washer and dryer running (and using water and electricity) all the time. It's a pain in the ***, but the alternative is totally unacceptable.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2021
  20. horninchicago

Uh, yeah, that's what I meant to say.

21. horninchicago

I have a Kohler shower head. I think those bastages have it sealed so you can't do that, but I'll check. I think they put the restrictors in a place where you can't get to them. Kohler sucks.

22. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Could be, but one thing that doesn't suck is their resort up in WI.

• Like Like x 1
  23. horninchicago

Yeah their craptastic and overpriced faucets, etc. pay for that lol.

24. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

See my signature!

• Winner Winner x 2
  25. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

And all the overpriced piss collectors the government buys for airports.

• Funny Funny x 1
  26. horninchicago

Yep...

iu-6.jpeg

One of the original Kohlers.

• Like Like x 2
  27. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

They are not "overpriced"; the price increase is to cover the kickbacks to the city, county, & state officials standing around with their hands out. (See also IAH)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  28. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  29. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  30. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Public education has failed us: