2024 Presidential Election: let the jockeying commence

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Joe Fan, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Are we counting Marjorie Taylor Greene as five? Is that how math works in Oklahoma?

Last edited: May 10, 2021
  2. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

That isn't true at all. Nikki Haley, Ron DeSantis, Marco Rubio, Ben Sasse, and Mike Lee could all defeat Joe Biden. I'm not saying they will beat him. Anybody can piss away victory (See Hillary Clinton.), but they could beat him.

There are no 92 percent Republican congressional districts. The districts the GOP lost in 2018 in Texas used to be strong Republican districts that had recently gained large minority populations and became swing districts. They were still very winnable when the GOP didn't have an ******* at the top of the party. Basically, if the President had been anyone but Trump, Pete Sessions and John Culberson (neither of whom were disliked in their districts) would still be in Congress.

3. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Thanks for your feedback. Father's Day is just around the corner. PM me your address and I'll send you a mirror so uou can see the projection.

4. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Who was this? Just curious.

5. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Guessing here: MTG, Bohbert, Louis G., Matt Gaetz, and ____________?

6. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I don't think any of them except MTG actually believes The Big Lie, and I'm only about 80 percent sure of that. I think they repeat it, but I don't think they personally believe it. I've interviewed Louis Gohmert. He's not as dumb as he seems. That is an act.

7. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Just curious to know if we do find evidence of fraud will you accept it or find a way to rationalize it like the libs in here will do.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I will accept it, and I have no problem with investigating allegations of fraud or cheating. I say bring it on. If it happened, I'd definitely want to know it. I'm probably more skeptical than I'd otherwise be, because of how Trump went about it both in and out of court. But if someone brings real evidence, I'm all ears.

• Like Like x 2
  9. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Then give that dude a Golden Globe.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Good it hear. We'll have to disagree on how Trump handled it but that's fine.

11. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Did Trump handle it well?

12. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Seriously? Trump cost the GOP the Senate and fueled an insurrection because he's such a narcissist. He should have done nothing after 11/20 but campaigned in Georgia. He did nothing but hurt the GOP there.

13. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Those are just MSM talking points, bud. Powell and Wood did a lot of damage by telling Georgia people not to vote. The turnout wasn't bad but it could have been better.

14. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Massive, unsecured mail in balloting did in Trump and the senate races more than anything else. Georgia wised up and changed their laws.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

Gohmert graduated from A&M, where he was a leader in student politics and the corps. He graduated from Baylor Law, served a stint in the JAG corps and was a district judge and appellate judge in east Texas before getting elected to the legislature and then Congress. He rode the tea party wave. He is a lot of things but dumb is not one of them. He is real bright. A lot of pols play dumb and are real bright.

Most of the GOP congress critters know there was not massive voter fraud but they also read the papers and know a big bunch of their constituents believe there was. Sort of like a lot of dems still believe the Russians stole an election which that Vitch on the Vroom really won. Idiots.. But if they are voting in your primary you cater to them and go on about the nation's business, whatever you perceive that to be.

I don't blame my congress critter for talking about how sweet the kool aid is because that is what is necessary to protect me from an even denser congress critter.

The legislation pushed by republicans in various states is aimed at placating their base and preventing large scale fraud, which is made easier by a lot of the stuff the dems insist is necessary. Late registration, using any old id for voting, letting the polling places stay open longer, having more polling places than the republicans can have poll watchers at are not guarantees of mass fraud but they sure make it easier.

• Like Like x 2
  16. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

But Powell and Wood were working on behalf of THE PRESIDENT. Any damage done by them was done by him. There is no way to reasonably view Trump's behavior between the two elections as helpful to the two GOP Senators.

17. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Dude, they were NOT working on behalf of the president. They said to not vote, he told the people TO vote.

18. Seattle Husker

They weren't working for the POTUS but had his tacit approval and Trump used his soapbox to echo their claims. Powell even met with Trump in the oval office. Claiming Trump isn't culpable for GA simply because he said "vote" is straight revisionist history. It belies the efforts of the months prior of telling their voters that they were cheated, their vote was "stolen", there is no integrity, etc. It didn't matter who did or did not say "vote". Telling them their vote didn't matter because of the baseless fraud claim suppressed the vote.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

He came in at the end to skirt on their tails for fundraising purposes. The amount of money he got for "stop the steal" should be criminal.

20. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Got any data to back that up or just wild conjecture? The republican turnout wasn't bad.

21. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

I have no qualms with this premise. The nation has suffered by installing Dementia Joe and his puppeteers. They will never again elect anyone from either party who is over the age of 70 IMO. As relates to DJT, there would be the secondary concerns about health give how much weight he appears to have shed just in the past five months...it certainly could be healthier living but it could also be indicia of something that precludes dealing with a four-year stressor three years down the road.

22. Seattle Husker

You can find the answers you seek from a wide variety of political spectrum opinions here.

Summary: There is always a reduction in voter turnout for special elections. This special election didn't see as large of a dropoff as previous elections. The fall-off in voter participation rates was greater in counties Trump won.

23. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Voter fraud in lib counties?

24. Seattle Husker

In some alternate universe, maybe. Not sure we should make assessments on conjecture but rather facts and data which each of the 4 viewpoints in the that link attempt to do.

25. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

26. Seattle Husker

27. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Let's look at it from the standpoint that the voting process could use some improvement and is far from perfect.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  28. Seattle Husker

C-Span's 2021 Presidential Historian's survey has been released.

Not that this shouldn't be anticipated but Presidential Historians (142 currently in the poll) have a markedly unfavorable view of Trump.

upload_2021-6-30_11-16-59.png

The 2021 scores is where Trump ranked among all 44 POTUS. His final ranking of 41 came in tied with Franklin Pierce and he defeated Andrew Johnson and James Buchanan by a sizable margin.

The disparity between the perspective of Trump's Job Performance from his supporters and those who disagree must be the most stark of any POTUS in history.

If he runs in 2024, this is a sample of what Trump will be running against from a majority of voters.

29. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Who cares about a survey like this? Not a dig at you, but very few give credence to this.

When the RGV votes red in numbers not seen in my adult yrs, you know the "poll" is BS

Historically low unemployment for all (minorities included). THAT's what matters

30. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

• Agree Agree x 2