2024 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by DFW_Horn, May 14, 2021.

1. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

Really hope she is the top priority for this class.

2. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

Malcom,

You are certainly a cheerleader for Justice. Several questions:
    1) Have you seen her play? If so, what are her strengths?
    2) Which player you would equate her with to give us an insight into her game?
    3) Do you have any idea where Texas stands with her interest level?
    4) With the portal as a recruiting resource, HS recruits are not as indispensable as in years past, unless the player is a "Rori-level" talent. I realize they are completely different players, but is Justice in this rarified class?

Thanks for your insights.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2022
  3. Sincerely hookem

Sincerely hookem 100+ Posts

I’m not Malcom but I have been in the gym to see her play.
    1. She is crafty and sturdy but not a banger type. She can score at all 3 levels I think she would be challenged on the defensive end at Texas because of Vic style but she’s a gamer and doesn’t back down from anyone.
    2. I would compare her to a high IQ like Lauren Cox doesn’t make bad plays but can seem not dynamic but stays on the floor because you have to have her in the game.
    3. I have no idea the list seems like everybody to me
    4. I think 2 answers my POV on that

• Like Like x 4
  4. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

Zig, I've only seen her on video in that select game in Chicago earlier this year. I was impressed. I like her size. I think she plays big, uses her body to get shots in paint. Her mid game is ok, not great. She will only get better. I think she is special but you know how it goes...only time will tell.

5. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

Jaloni Cambridge, 5’6 PG from Tennessee (#2 ESPN Hoopgurlz, #1PG) is visiting Baylor. Hopefully she’ll swing down to Austin while she’s in the neighborhood.

Jaloni and our coaches (Lovato, Coach Carter, Blair) follow each other on IG. It seems like the interest is mutual.

6. LutherIsMyDog

Since we are keeping tabs on 2024 recruits, Adhel Tac visited OU a couple of weeks ago.

7. basketball60153

basketball60153 First Time Poster

Taliyah Parker ESPN#6 has moved from Oklahoma City to Grand Prairie TX and is attending South Grand Prairie with Adhel Tac

• Like Like x 7
  8. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Well….I either like or don’t like this. Parker is a 6’-1” guard from Putnam City, Oklahoma. I like that she is now living in Texas…..so perhaps Tac and Parker could both be Horns. Or both could be land thieves. First I’ve heard of Parker…..and unsure if we are recruiting her. Obviously they must want to play together. From a high school perspective, it should make the games with Duncanville, DeSoto and South Grsnd Prairie “must see games”. Interesting.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Very interesting. I did notice Blair start to follow Parker out on Instagram a couple of weeks ago or so.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Well timed post…Elena was there this morning.

Also made a stop in DeSoto…

• Like Like x 7
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2022
  11. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

W Kendall Dudley, ESPN #4 overall, in Austin this past weekend along with 2027 GG Banks.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Dang. 2027 already

• Like Like x 1
  13. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

FYI -- John Lucas held his annual skills camp this past Labor Day weekend. The two D.C. recruits who visited Texas were at that camp; so, I'm guessing that played a role in them being able to visit Texas before heading to Houston. Guessing the same for the 2026 recruit from Iowa who also visited Texas this weekend as she retweeted this:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2022
  14. LutherIsMyDog

This should make you happy @Malcom. According to Justice Carlton’s IG stories, she’s on the field for the Texas-Alabama game.

Hopefully we’ll get more clues for the other recruits that are in Austin for the game.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Gonna need some help identifying these visitors: second from left is 2025 Aaliyah Chavez, and then third from left is 2024 Justice Carlton. On the right end next to Vic is 2023 commit Gisella Maul.

• Like Like x 6
  16. LutherIsMyDog

The two recruits in between Aaliyah and Gisella are 2025’s Aniya’ Foy and Ayla McDowell. They play for Cy Fair U16.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Any idea who the player on the far left is? She also appeared in that Cy Fair Elite photo of the 5 players in the Longhorns uniforms.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. LutherIsMyDog

She goes by Madi Beezee on IG. Part of the Cy Fair team. She doesn’t post much so there’s little info on her. From the photo, she looks to be the tallest in the group, including Aliyah Moore.

• Like Like x 2
  19. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

2026 Madison Carlton…

• Like Like x 4
  20. LutherIsMyDog

Vic and his staff deserve a lot of credit for assembling a big recruiting weekend for the elite recruits of the 2023-2026 classes. Most were in Austin on unofficial visits.

Justice Carlton(#1 ESPN Hoopgulz 2024)

• Like Like x 5
  21. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Sidwell Friends is loaded with talent but I’m sure 2024 Kendall Dudley is top of the priority list…

• Like Like x 1
  22. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

Did you mean #21?

23. LutherIsMyDog

Yes. Thanks for catching that typo.

24. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Jordan Lee, a 6’ 3” F and #14 in 2024 class, attends St Mary’s in Stockton, CA.

• Like Like x 4
  25. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Taliyah Parker and her family visited LSU unofficially this weekend; we really need to get her to Austin soon.

• Like Like x 1
  26. LutherIsMyDog

I know some of you are like me and occasionally visit other team’s message boards. The Tennessee message board believes Mulkey has NIL money that has helped her land recruits such as Angel Reese, Mikaylah Williams and others. If so, it’s perfectly legal and Mulkey can use it to her advantage as other schools try to catch up with establishing their NIL deals. Of course, NIL is a booster initiative and is not funded from a university’s budget.

I know some of our players have NIL deals but I hope Vic and our AD staff have been talking with boosters to support our women’s programs. We may need NIL to keep our star players and to compete with other programs for the elite recruits such as Taliyah Parker.

27. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

I'm not buying that. Hate her or love her, you can't deny the fact that Mulkey is one of the five best coaches in the country. Which, IMO has a lot more to do with her being able to get players like Reese. Lets not forget that she was bringing in quality transfers to Baylor before the transfer portal or NIL. And her getting a highly touted player from her own state in Williams was a no brainer.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  28. LutherIsMyDog

You are not buying that Mulkey has NIL money? I never said she wasn’t an elite coach. I think she is and I also think she’ll use every advantage she has to build her program. All coaches across all sports should use all of their resources to be successful. This includes Saban, Kirby, Drew, Staley, Geno, Mulkey, Vic, etc..

Good grief. I wasn’t criticizing Mulkey. I was saying she is likely ahead of the curve.

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Find where I said that you were criticizing her. I simply stated that IMO, I don't think that NIL helped her get any of those players. And this is coming from someone who doesn't like Mulkey.

I think the whole NIL thing has become too overstated. If you look at where the top athletes are going in all the sports in college athletics, the overwhelming majority are still going to the programs/ coaches that have a track record of winning and putting their athletes in the pros. And Mulkey obviously does that.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2022
  30. LutherIsMyDog

I think if we were having this discussion over lunch we would find we have more common ground than is found in the limitations of the written words of our posts.

I’m glad we’re on the same side with our interest and support for TxWBB. I’m looking forward to the season starting and our discussions of the games, the players and coaching.

• Agree Agree x 3