2024 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by DFW_Horn, May 14, 2021.

1. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

I too saw that Justice visited Baylor. It was one of Baylor's bigger recruiting weekends that also included Taliyah Parker in addition to Justice and Jaloni. I think 2026 Madison Carlton was there also.

Does anyone know if Justice Carlton and Madison Carlton are related? I'm a little slow but I'm just now connecting the dots between Justice and Madison. It likely explains why they had so many photos made together when they visited Texas.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  2. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Hot Hot x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. longhorn47

longhorn47 500+ Posts

What's with the question marks??

4. LutherIsMyDog

Jaloni uses question marks after each of her unofficial visits. It's as if she is asking her IG followers what they think about the school she is visiting. After she visited Baylor, she wrote "Sic 'em??" After visiting Georgia, "What's good uga??".

• Like Like x 3
  5. LutherIsMyDog

In a previous post a few months ago, I shared that Jaloni's family is exceptionally talented at basketball. Her father played at college hoops at Alabama A&M and set the NCAA record for steals in a single season with 160. She has 4 older siblings who have played or are playing collegiate basketball at Arizona State, Vanderbilt, Auburn and Kentucky.

According to Jaloni's IG, she has had unofficial visits to Ole Miss, Georgia, Kentucky, Baylor, Louisville, and Texas. I'm certain Kentucky will be putting a hard press on her to play for the Blue Devils with her older sister.

By the way, after Jaloni posted the photos from her visit to Texas, her mom replied, "Hands down! The best unofficial visit this weekend so far with my BFF!!" To be fair, Baylor was a portion of her unofficial visits last weekend but I hope most of the praise was directed at Vic & Co.

Last season, Jaloni averaged 17.3 ppg, 6.4 rbs, 3.8 steals and 3.1 assists. Here are a couple of videos that show her speed/quickness and style of play. Although it's not much of a sample size, she has skills on both ends of the court. I'm sure Vic likes her speed, tenacity and high motor. In some of the clips, she reminds me of a smaller, Lashann Higgs.

Theo Visuals on Instagram: "ESPN #1 Ranked Point Guard was a problem this past weekend. Elite level passer , elite athleticism , lock down defender"

• Like Like x 7
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2022
  6. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

If Texas can get Carlton, Tac, and Edwards I would call it an exceptional class. I would add Cambridge to that list but if we get her that means we more than likely won’t get Chavez in the 2025 class. Don’t get me wrong I would love to get both but for playing time I doubt both would be willing to come if the other came. Cambridge can ball and so can Chavez so it’s a tough decision on who to pursue more although Chavez is more likely to commit but I would never doubt Vic so time will tell.

• Like Like x 2
  7. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

You take the first one who commits and signs, and the leave door open for the other in the unlikely event both are willing to come.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

Very true. I didn’t know about Cambridge up until recently but she looks the part and based on her skill set she will thrive in Vic’s system. I will gladly take whichever wants to join the family!

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

The transition from Rori to Chavez would be more natural, speaking purely from a graduation timeline perspective. But, yeah, you take either one of them, and pray to get both.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

11. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

Is it just me, or do these visitors to today's scrimmage look kinda familiar? :e-thinking:

• Like Like x 5
  12. LutherIsMyDog

Great eye! From left to right, it’s Gisella Maul, Aniya Foy (2025), Ayla McDowell (2025) and Justice Carlton (2024). They are part of the Cy Fair group that visited during the Alabama game.

It’s great that they were in the locker room before or after the game. It’s likely they met Ariel Atkins since she was in attendance today.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2022
  13. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Glad to see they drove in from Houston on a Sunday afternoon for an exhibition game which they could have watched on TV at home. Hanging with 2023(2) Gisella Maul is definitely good for us overall.

• Agree Agree x 6
  14. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I see 2023 Abbie Boutilier in that locker room photo, as well.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Texashorns2022

Texashorns2022 100+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
  16. LutherIsMyDog

That’s her third visit to Texas. I’m stating the obvious but multiple trips to Austin by a top 5 recruit is a positive sign. With each trip, she becomes more familiar with the culture, team and staff. Additionally, it looks like 2026 Madison Carlton made the trip with Justice.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  17. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Definitely like her continuing to visit Texas for football games and now hoops games. Of course, I'd like it better if she wasn't visiting Baylor just as much . . .

18. LutherIsMyDog

I knew she visited Baylor at the end of October but wasn’t aware she made multiple trips.

19. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

So I was at the Creighton game tonight and Harmon, Kadi, and Muhammad walked right in front of us to their seats. There was one very tall girl with them that I didn’t recognize. Somebody sleuth and find out who it was. Could it be a recruit? Or a assistant coach? This girl was 2-3 inches taller than Muhammad. Hope it was a recruit.

20. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Edit previous post. Replace Muhammad with Gonzalez.

21. Texashorns2022

Texashorns2022 100+ Posts

Looks like taliyah Parker was at the game today

• Like Like x 4
  22. LutherIsMyDog

I also saw her at the game. Glad you confirmed that she was there today.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

Interesting random pic from the crowd (second pic below) at the USC game. I keep seeing this young lady at our games - this time in Dallas. She may have also stuck around to see Bailer lose by 21 to an over-rated AZ team.

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2022
  24. LutherIsMyDog

Great eye!

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Not sure who all these coaches were watching at this high school tourney in College Station shortly after Christmas . . .

26. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Perhaps it was this player . . .

27. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

According to DMNews, Adhel Tac is out for the year. Her teammate at South Grand Prairie…..T. Parker is also out but should return at some point. They were both hurt in same game.

• WTF? WTF? x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  28. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Not sure there has been much talk on here about 6'3 Arianna Roberson out of San Antonio Clark. She is ranked #29 by Hoopgurlz.

Her sister Amber played volleyball for Texas over 10 years ago; and, another of her sisters played at hoops at Texas Tech. Not sure if Vic is recruiting her, but I did where one of our volleyball assistant coaches was following her on Instagram. I see that she is following TexasWBB on IG, but can't tell for sure if it's a recent follow; and, Gisella Maul is following her.

2024 HoopGurlz Recruiting Rankings - Super 60 - ESPN

Last edited: Jan 17, 2023
  29. Austingr8

Austingr8 < 25 Posts

Arianna also had a sister that played BB for Texas Tech and one that currently plays for TCU. A very athletic family!

• Like Like x 2
  30. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

My son attends that High School. The Roberson sisters were a major part of Clark making it all the way to State last year. The older brother in that family is Andre Roberson who played in the NBA for about 8 years. When he was in college, he was named 1st team all Pac-12 and Pac-12 DPOY. Here's an interview with the proud brother who is getting to see sister's games now:

She apparently really showed out at the Wooten camp this year, which is where Vic said he saw Ndjakalenga and decided to pursue her:

She's also starting to pile up offers now and coaches are showing up for games:

• Like Like x 5
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2023