2024 Recruiting

Discussion in 'Volleyball' started by 10SNE1?, Aug 12, 2022.

1. 10SNE1?

10SNE1? 500+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  2. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

I attended the Plano Prestonwood vs Frisco Legacy game last night to see Macario Spears. Alas, a Spears no-show. The game was fun and Prestonwood is the real deal. They won in three…..18/17/13 or something similar. Legacy is a real nice ball club. But Prestonwood is so big and long and athletic. It will take a very good team to beat them….especially when Spears returns. They were 40-1 last year and won state championship. Some of their best front row players are freshmen. In a little investigation, it would appear Spears has been with Team USA in Colorado Springs last week in July. So may be taking a little break. She was just added to Prestonwood roster last week. Not sure what to make of all that. Regardless of Spears no-show it was a fun evening with granddaughter and her dad. A competitive volleyball match on a hot Thursday night is a night well spent. I’ll go watch Spears another time.

• Like Like x 2
  3. 10SNE1?

10SNE1? 500+ Posts

4. 10SNE1?

10SNE1? 500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  5. 10SNE1?

10SNE1? 500+ Posts

She committed awhile back and i didn't see her announcement in this thread. She is in the Beach thread. I believe she is a setter. She'll be playing both indoors and beach.

6. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Keep that Hawaii pipeline going.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. 10SNE1?

10SNE1? 500+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
  8. 10SNE1?

10SNE1? 500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  9. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

6-4? Wow

• Like Like x 2
  10. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

11. 10SNE1?

10SNE1? 500+ Posts

Yeah, I know. It's a nice write up of her background, nonetheless.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Huge get. Likely rotation player from day one. Keeps a top Tx talant at home. Takes away from Nebraska and that's never a bad thing.
    With her next year and Spears the top ranked player in the nation in '25 and Gatorade player of the year in Tx as a sophmore we are pretty set with OH hitters as we move into the sec sec.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2023
  13. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

I’ve been following Spears recruitment and FINALLY her commitment to Horns. Hadn’t seen Ames play although have seen lots of teams in and around Frisco/McKinney/Prosper area. Wondered why Horns weren’t in on her, although Huskers are a drawing card. Last night Prosper beat Plano West handily in playoffs. Now that Ames will be a Horn in two months, I’ll need to go watch Prosper in next round of playoffs on Friday. MB for Horns is wide open next year with O’Neal graduating and Bergmark & Phillips being seniors. Singletary and Bunton are young MB options but haven’t forced their way into lineup. So Ames has big opportunity to come in January and compete at MB. With the tremendous 2025 commitment class, Horns are looking good for the near future.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

What a HUGE get for Texas Volleyball! We are about to get very athletic in the middle if she plays there. Her defense looks solid...nice footwork and high hands.
    This is what WINNING the state looks like. :bevo:

• Like Like x 2
  15. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

A nice article from The Dallas Morning News about the flip of Ayden Ames.

• Like Like x 2
  16. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Ames and Prosper won this weekend and will play Grand Oak at State on Friday. Grand Oak is the favorite as they are ranked like third or fourth in the country. Also Prestonwood Christian and Macario Spears won state championship in private classification. Horns recruits looking good.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Wow! I’m impressed!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

What a great surprise!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1