3 Starters For FAU - Out

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by DRAG69, Aug 27, 2008.

1. DRAG69

DRAG69 1,000+ Posts

Listening to a Florida Atlantic beat writer yesterday afternoon on 1530 say that the starting center, tight end and defensive end are all out of Saturday's game. The paper this morning mentions a guard too that may be out.

Not good if you are a FAU fan.

2. NativeTXchic

NativeTXchic 1,000+ Posts

3. MP5

MP5 100+ Posts

But that mean bastard D is coming right?

4. hornFANtastic

hornFANtastic 100+ Posts

Well, it is looking more and more like Howie's mouth has written a check that his *** will not be able to cash on Saturday. He will find out how "soft" Texas really is.

5. 71grad

71grad 1,000+ Posts

A returning starter, DT John Mertilus, has been lost to academics. All three of the injuried players are seniors..

6. BoSquared

BoSquared 250+ Posts

I hope all three hats are coming on the trip....They'll need em!

[​IMG]

7. bck031

bck031 1,000+ Posts

It wasn't jock itch was it? [​IMG]

8. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Dammit! I hate it when stuff like this happens. Now all the FAU folks are going to have a built in excuse if we somehow manage to eke out a victory. [​IMG]

9. RP McMurphy

RP McMurphy 100+ Posts

10. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

They went to a team building night with Coach Schnellenberger and pulled their livers.

11. bluto

bluto 500+ Posts

look at the size of the olinemen and the replacements... we are talking a handful of 250 lb'rs.

12. TheBestPoster

TheBestPoster 100+ Posts

Orakpo and Melton should have a field day with these undersized tackles and a pocket passer.

13. mackfan1

mackfan1 1,000+ Posts

14. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

C Nick Paris
    TE Jason Harmon
    DE Robert St.Clair

LG Kevin Miller - injured 10 days ago and it was reported last wk he was doubtful for the UT game. If he plays, he won't be close to 100%

WLB Andre Clark - reported last wk to also be questionable for UT game due to problems w/ knee rehab)

FAU will not be 100%, but it won't matter if you ask Schnelly

I feel it, Horns are going to kick their ***!

15. Stuck_At_Work

Stuck_At_Work 1,000+ Posts

I would still go with the under at 24 points. I just don't see Texas winning by more than 3 touchdowns...

16. Larry T. Spider

Larry T. Spider 1,000+ Posts

17. HousHorn09

HousHorn09 2,500+ Posts

Schnelly better get good & schnockered before the game. Who wants to put money on it that we see him bouncing thru the tailgating that afternoon?

[​IMG]

18. Bevoette

Bevoette 1,000+ Posts

hmmm.. hope it's not a "ploy" like aggy did once, we thought a certain QB would be out and we did'nt expect him in and were taken a bit by surprise to see him start.

19. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Bevoette - where have you been? I know you haven't been hangin out at the Chicken. Good point about aggy, however I don't think that FAU is up to anything... just some untimely injuries. Expect a beatdown

[​IMG]

20. Austin180

Austin180 1,000+ Posts

Well, Boca Raton is only 13' above sea level so these FAU kids are gonna be sucking air up here at 621'. Kinda like us at UTEP and CO. [​IMG]