332 - 206

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by WashU-Horn, Nov 10, 2012.

1. WashU-Horn

WashU-Horn 500+ Posts

The Link

Just saying. Not even close.

50.5% of the popular vote = Obama
    47.9% of the popular vote = Romney

2. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

I hope the Horns keep scoreboard on the Aggies for 4 more years.

3. zork

zork 2,500+ Posts

Obama has such a mandate he actually received ~5 million less votes this time to a candidate who got less votes than John milquetoast McCain.

Congrats on the win. Hopefully Obama will be able to dig himself out of the mess he created the last 4 years. [​IMG]

BTW, where did all the voters go?

4. crizistre

crizistre 500+ Posts

I have to laugh at this one. Even the most hated and vilified President the left has ever **** on, GWB, got a higher percentage of the popular vote when he was re elected in 04. Enjoy the fiscal cliff!

5. pasotex

pasotex 2,500+ Posts

The loyal opposition is made up of such good Americans.

6. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

I hate to point out the obvious, but one wins election to the presidency in the U.S. by winning the electoral votes.
    If one needed to win a majority of popular votes, the strategy would be different, the campaigning and advertising would be completely different, and the results would differ.
    Right now, Texas is temporarily under Republican rule, and it doesn't make sense to spend campaign travel and advertising dollars here. It would only change the popular vote by a few percentage points, not the electoral vote.
    In a few years, demographics will change that fact, and we will see presidential candidates in Texas once again. I look forward to it.

7. Coelacanth

Coelacanth Guest

Wash-U,

I see you have a sig picture of Noam Chomsky, and so I was wondering if you are also an anarcho-syndicalist in the style of Chomsky.

8. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Funny, it seems in some counties in Florida there are more ballots than voters. Its a mystery what they will uncover after the recount. I wonder what the problem could be?

9. Bevo Incognito

Bevo Incognito 5,000+ Posts

Coelecanth,

And if he IS an anarcho-syndicalist, does he live in a commune in which they take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week, but all the decision of that officer have to be ratified at a special biweekly meeting by a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs, but by a two-thirds majority in the case of more- ....

10. J D the Obscure

J D the Obscure 250+ Posts

11. Nuclear Bear

Nuclear Bear 1,000+ Posts

I told you guys for months that this election would not be close.

The most hilarious part of the 2012 election is that the Right really felt that they where going to win.

12. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

Saw a sign the other day on a utility pole: Republicans Leaving the Country: We Pay Cash for Houses

Obama will be gone in four years and wont accomplish much with a split congress. If history is a guide, he will lose some seats in the midterms and really be a lame duck.

Neither party has much of a bench and so we will be graced with a couple more losers in four years.

13. Michtex

Michtex 1,000+ Posts

14. Giovanni Jones

Giovanni Jones 2,500+ Posts

15. Larry T. Spider

Larry T. Spider 1,000+ Posts

Bush 1 had over 400 I believe.

16. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

17. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

i told everybody on here a long time ago that the GOP would lose b/c they weren't doing anything to bridge the gap with latinos and the youth vote. it wasn't a suprise. the public has spoken but in the Presidential race and in the Senate. time for Congress to get the message and get to work.

18. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

The public also spoke in the House.