4 new teams in the "2023" season

Discussion in 'Softball' started by racerx5908, May 23, 2022.

1. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

This thread may live and die quickly depending on y'alls answer. This question is based on my personal opinion and depends on what you all consider a "season".

Two assumptions by me:
    Texas will not enter the SEC until the 2024 football season
    UCF, Cincinnati, BYU and Houston will join the Big 12 in the 2023 football season

Softball is the odd ball out in that we call "next season" the 2022-2023 season by playing Fall ball, which doesn't count and Spring ball, which does count and is the actual season.

So when my guess that the "other 4" join the Big 12 in the "2023 season", does that mean that we will be playing 4 additional conference foes in 2023 or 2024?

Sorry, kinda dumb question but I have to know.

2. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

Schools make their conference moves to coincide with academic years. I don't ever remember a school leaving mid-year. So I'm pretty confident the 4 new Big 12 schools won't play softball in their new league until spring 2024. I thought we'd be gone from the Big 12 by then but since hearing that CBS isn't willing to budge on TV revenues for the SEC which means the other SEC schools don't want to share and don't want us until the new TV deal.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I think Tempest has it right.