#41 Demarco Cobb

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by majorwhiteapples, Sep 8, 2014.

1. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

On Kickoff returns Cobb and MJ were both wearing number 7. I think the referees warned us and hence you saw Cobb wearing number 41 without a name on the back of the jersey.

My buddy noticed two number 7's on the field and though we should be penalized, we weren't but Cobb changed jerseys.

2. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

Speaking of jersey numbers.... if #31... whoever he is... on the opening kickoff, had not brought on a penalty, the Horns have the ball at midfield. If at the outset a drive could have resulted in a TD, could that have possibly turned the fortunes of the game?

If you think about it, that play was telling. As if an Omen for the game: shoot thyself in the foot, and miss early and frequent opportunities to get a leg up.

This kind of game requires never missing a single opportunity, and no shooting in the foot.

3. HornSwoggler

HornSwoggler Horn Fan

Another thread asked about #41 being on the field thinking it was Deoundrei Davis who had been dismissed. I thought it may have been #47 Beck that looked like #41.

Thanks for the info on the use of that jersey #.

4. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Whoa ... I'm glad I opened this thread.

And I honestly hope I'm the only one who was thinking "Sheesh ... 41 players Strong has discmissed?"

5. Tan Ted Deki

Tan Ted Deki 500+ Posts

I just figured he had to earn the right to have a last name.

6. Win

Win 100+ Posts

Texas Tech was penalized on Saturday for having 2 players with the same number on the field at the same time. Never heard of that penalty ever but figure that was something you can't do.

7. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

#31 is Hall, true freshman, he was stupid and Thompson got in his face, then Charlie got in his face and grabbed his facemask.

Charlie needs to be careful as some fans may look at that as abuse!!!