49 Years Ago.......

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by stevedallas, Dec 6, 2018.

1. stevedallas

stevedallas 500+ Posts

And I still celebrate and watch the 15-14 game.

What a game....so much going on politically at the time.....1 versus 2...Freddie...

Hook Em

• Like Like x 4
    • Hot Hot x 1
  2. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

I was 16 years old. I still remember that day vividly - where I was, who I watched it with and the gut wrenching & emotional "Game of the Century" WIN!

It started snowing in Fort Worth after the game and I climbed up a ladder in front of our garage. On our pitched roof, with a broom, I carved out 15-14 in the snow.

Right 53 Veer Pass, Street, Peschel, Freddie, Halsell, Happy Feller, Campbell... McKay, Worster, Koy, Bertelsen, Ploetz, Scooter Monzingo, Spreyer, Lester, Atessis, Zapalac, Henderson, Wuensch, Wiegand, Mitchell, Dean, Palmer, White ... that's all I can remember off the top of my head.

Those Arky fans still alive that saw the game will NEVER get over that loss....:hookem:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  3. LousianaHorn

LousianaHorn Kabong

I could watch this a million times......probably have....:beertoast::bevo::bevo:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. GAS_Horn

GAS_Horn 100+ Posts

“Hell yes I’m sure!”

• Like Like x 1
  5. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Street: "Coach, are you sure Right 53 Veer Pass?"

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  6. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Back when men were men and UT knew how to run the football.

Brings a tear to me eye.

My room mates and I decided to go cruise down the Drag after the game. We were stuck in traffic for hours. Good times.

• Like Like x 1
  7. VulcanHorn

VulcanHorn 100+ Posts

I was 3 years old. I remember it well.
    Well, I remember my Dad telling me about the Game of the Century when I was about 10. From then on I wondered what it would be like to witness the Horns winning the National Championship. Then, VY came along.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

And a coach knew to go for 2 after scoring a touchdown when behind by 14 points.

• Like Like x 1
  9. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

This, VY's run for the winning TD against USC and Case's run to stab aggy one last time will never, ever, never, EVER get old!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

I was a senior at SF Austin High School in Austin. Four of us went to the Drag also. We actually were able to make a couple of passes up and down the length. It was insane!

• Like Like x 1