49ers new stadium

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by 2003TexasGrad, Sep 28, 2014.

1. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Looks like they got the blueprints mixed up. Why is there a 70s era apartment complex on one side of the field? Looks horrible. I cant believe thats the best idea they could come up with. Or is that a Holiday Inn can you watch the game from?

2. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Not much affordable property on the West side of the bay. Their other choice (another ten minutes farther down the 101) was East Palo Alto, which has a worse crime rate than East St Louis, and holds the distinction of ranking in the Top Five for murders per capita in the country over the last 10-20 years.

Let's just say there is about three evolution cycles difference between the east and West sides of the 101.

Once they started PacBell Park and SOM started developing, the hope of building it off the 280 rapidly diminished. The "Dallas" Cowboys being in Irving or Arlington isn't nearly the stretch that the "San Francisco" 49ers is being a couple of counties away.

3. Owlhorn

Owlhorn 500+ Posts

Bears and Lions are the same. I believe Tennesse's basketball arena as well as the Atlanta Hawks have that same design. Puts the suites and club area all on one side while making an old fashion stadium with open view concourse on the rest of the 3/4 of the stadium. I think its a pretty intelligent design. Luxury gets a sideline and keeps the rest of the stadium from being sullied by suites.

4. kbrown

kbrown 1,000+ Posts

The nfl should look at "murder rates" and make teams relocate... Makes sense right!

5. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

kbrown,

I think you are right. That means that the following will be getting me stadium locations:

Oakland
    Houston
    Detroit
    Washington
    Atlanta - anything between I-20 and I-10 qualifies

Miami should have made Joe Robbie "king of Dade County for life" for getting the Dolphins out of that hellhole known as The Orange Bowl.

The Giants Stadium doesn't count because we are talking about murders not dumping ground.

6. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

LOL at sf (santa clara's levis stadium)

Go Hawks!

7. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

I disagree. I hate the Cowboys, but love that stadium. Levi's Stadium just looks fugly.

8. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

The 49er's new stadium appears to have been built out of K'Nex.