4th seed in cfp

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Horn2RunAgain, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

tOSU didn't do enough, so who gets that seed. Ou or UGA

2. #2is#1

#2is#1 1,000+ Posts

OU.
    Conference champ.
    Avenged their best loss to a top 12 team.
    Cannot stand the SEC argument. They look great, but they play each other and rank it.
    Loss to average LSU should matter.
    Guarantee Saban doesn’t want to face the baseball player.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  3. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Then I guarantee he won't.

4. #2is#1

#2is#1 1,000+ Posts

Huh?
    You guarantee Alabama won’t face Oklahoma?
    Do you bet?

5. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Nope. But just as you can guarantee he doesn't want to play him I can do the same about his influence. I don't think he fears him for one thing. Probably thinks he can score 80 points or more on them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

I think I’ll take Nick vs anyone in any bet when the chips are on the line....

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. #2is#1

#2is#1 1,000+ Posts

Respect your rebuttal, and understand where you are coming from.
    I saw a behind the scenes deal with Saban, and he absolutely couldn’t stand the Sooner offense when Trevor Knight lit them up. He didn’t think the hurry up offense should be allowed. He doesn’t like to give up a defender to shadow the QB.
    Just my opinion. Nick would rather face a traditional offense.

8. #2is#1

#2is#1 1,000+ Posts

Garrett Gilbert, and Trevor Knight.
    Belichick, Buddy Ryan to name a few defensive geniuses don’t like defending a runner.
    Got it testosterone runs we can stop anybody anytime anywhere.
    True x’s and o’s nobody wants to defend lil no comment.

9. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

Herbstreit said during tonight's broadcast that GA should move up to 3 after today's game and the final 4 should be bama, clem, uga and ND in that order. You want to see people freak out... put a 2 loss non conference champ GA in over 1 loss OU and OSU.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Personally I think uga is better than ou. Much better. "Are they more deserving" became the question. Damn, they've already been beaten by Alabama twice. Asking for a 3rd match between them is embarrassing.

Central Florida would be the more deserving, ou doesn't impress me. I hate em but that's not the argument. Ou's problem to me is they aren't as good as Georgia (obvious) and they're not as deserving as UCF. Logically they're outside looking in, but I think they'll be picked as number 4

As such, I'll enjoy Alabama doing a number 2 on them in the 1rst round

11. #2is#1

#2is#1 1,000+ Posts

I heard that and thought the same thing. Are you nuts?
    Ohio St. can’t get in so no one else gets in?
    Losing to average LSU matters.

12. 22Horn

22Horn 500+ Posts

So Ga loses and moves up giving a great chance to see Ga and Ala for one more time.

They keep saying the best 4, but how do we know Ga is better than Sooners. Sooners speed is something few want to deal with.

Dave W said he would drop ND out simply because they don't have a championship game this last weekend........they all have their own biases.

Time to expend CFP

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. AustinHorn24

AustinHorn24 250+ Posts

Who would be more likely to win on the field shouldn't factor in at all. There are lots of scenarios where a 3 loss power 5 team who played the #1 schedule in football would be favored over an undefeated power 5 team, but the 3 loss team shouldnt get in over the undefeated one.

Playoff determination should be based on resume, not on matchups. For example UGA should NOT get in over Notre Dame, even though UGA is decisively better than ND in a potential matchup.

UGA, Ohio St, Alabama, Clemson, and Notre Dame all have better resumes than Oklahoma. The only reason I would eliminate UGA is because they don't deserve a rematch against Alabama.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. 22Horn

22Horn 500+ Posts

so tired of Saban, Alabama and SEC .......really the SEC is Bama and Bulldogs with and occasion shot by Fla and Aub, but they are there for filler......so different if they played a round robin of 8-9 games within conference

don't think Ost has a better resume than OU and Ga should be on the outside looking in based on 2 losses

15. zuckercanyon

I think Kyler is an awesome talent but I think Alabama has the front 7 to control OU.....

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. VulcanHorn

VulcanHorn 100+ Posts

Big 10 Commissioner will be bitching up a storm after the Big 10 is left out of the CFP for the third year. That pressure will push the Committee to expand in the near future, I guarantee it. It'll take time, but soon D1 will have a playoff like FCS and below.

17. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

Georgia had an uninspired team on the ropes with a back up QB, (as Bama was getting in anyways ) and couldn't get it done. Give someone else a crack at them.
    Ridiculous it's being discussed. Herbstreit is annoying, wrong a lot, and had a crush on Mayfield.

18. zuckercanyon

I think Nick Saban has gotten better defensively in the last couple of years against the mobile qbs....plus now he’s less conservative on offense...

19. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Bama 1 v. ou 4 in the semi's. We will see who is right. ND 2 v. Sons of Klem in the other (the name of the bowl will be changed to the Fraud Bowl as the loser will be exposed as the worse fraud).

20. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

I'd love to say that if people just start beating them in the playoffs, this will change. But people have been beating them in the bowl games pretty regularly, and nobody seems to care about that, so oh well.

At some point, losing games has to mean something. At some point, getting out of your conference bubble means something. At some point that whole "it's a championship rivalry game and you throw out the records" has to mean something. Who has Georgia beaten? Losing competitively is still losing.

I can't stand OU, but I don't know what else they're supposed to do at this point. Their team is built on scoring a bunch of points, and it's worked in all but one game. The object isn't "which team has the prettiest box score" or "which team conforms to conventional football norms." It's "which team will win." Only way to know that is to line them up and see.

Bama, Clemson, OU, Notre Dame/Ohio State/UCF. Anything else at this point is ridiculous.

• Like Like x 1
  21. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

Oklahoma is in and they are going to get curb stomped by bama.

• Like Like x 1
  22. LonghornDave

LonghornDave 1,000+ Posts

Where else but College football do people argue that a team that plays a first round "playoff" (SEC Championship) should play in the second round because they look better in a losss than two other teams that won their playoffs (Big 10 and 12)? I know it is accepted by those in the know and who have a financial incentive but it is still stupid. And I use to think Herbie might know what he's doing but now I think he really doesn't watch football games unless he is the color guy.
    Remember MOST people in the know believed Texas had no chance to beat USC and that teams with one loss or more should have gone. The best player on the actual field (Vince Young) did not win the Heisman and the team that couldn't be beat had two Heisman winners on the field. The voters and pundits are often wrong and should not have a significant place in who wins the games or for that matter who plays the games.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  23. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

4 open spot, 4 undefeated teams, it's easy. Given that we know they won't do that, OU should be in over Ohio State, as much as I don't like it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Horn hubby

Horn hubby 500+ Posts

I’d like to see Murray against Alabama defense. Mobile QBs always give them fits.

25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  26. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

boomer is IN.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  27. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

BAMA/boomer .... Clemson/Nooter Dome

28. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Hope they get murdered and Texas beats Georgia in the Sugar.

29. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

OU is deserved number 4, and to be honest they are probably the third best team in country. ND ought to be fourth seed, in fact if anyone deserved to be left out in favor of Georgia it was ND undefeated or not.

Kyler Murray may be a whiny little baby but he is talented as hell, probably most physically talented QB OU has ever had and that is saying something with the QB's they have rolled out over last five decades. I am absolutely looking forward to how that OU offense does against the Bama defense, I think Bama wins because their offense can score a bunch but it will bee a high scoring affair a la the Rose Bowl last year and OU has a real chance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Zero U will have to play the game of their lives in order to stay within three touchdowns of Bama.

• Like Like x 1