5-Star DB recruit asks fans to decide: TX or OU?

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by YearOfTheSteer, Aug 21, 2014.

1. YearOfTheSteer

YearOfTheSteer 500+ Posts

Fairly ridiculous, but it will be interesting to see which fan base convinces him to visit, assuming that is what it really boils down to.

The Link

2. OldHippie

OldHippie 2,500+ Posts

Seems as if these schools are his 5th and 6th choices and he doesn't really care much for either, so he is just begging for adoration rather than any sort of useful input.

3. woowoo worster

woowoo worster 25+ Posts

Completely ridiculous. I hope no Texas fans reply at all. If he needs me to tell him why he should come to UT, he should definitely just go ahead and visit OU.

4. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Maybe ESPN can have him live doing the ******** hat game when he announces the winner. If I knew how to vote, I'd definitely vote for OU. His ego is a much better fit in the dustbowl. I'm thinking he is a perfect fit for the BadHatter.

5. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I am with WooWoo. I don't want this kid at Texas if he does not want Texas. Screw that. I hope no Texas fans reply.

6. #2is#1

#2is#1 1,000+ Posts

Let him go to OU. I am not sure we make helmets that big here.

7. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Dude, if you are serious, need attention of the fans bad enough to ask them decide which # 5 school to visit, we don't want you to visit UT.

Choose ou!

8. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

I have decided!! He should visit OU.

9. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

Beyond the hat trick.

10. Tommy_Grand

Tommy_Grand 500+ Posts

Go to ou and wear bozzworth's number.

11. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

Coming soon on ESPN..."The Recruit". College football's version of The Bachelor.

Top HS 5-Star recruit gets wooed by coaches from 10 top universities. They sit in hot tubs together, etc talking about why he should pick their school to marry. [​IMG]

And this guy is a CB. It takes 3 of him to shut down an offense in today's game. You ain't a QB friend, won't be any national title seasons determined by you solely. Can only think of 2 corners that defined their team's wins or losses in recent history...Sanders and Woodson. And those guys reached fame being phenom special teams returners

Hope you can return kicks like Prime Time. Other than that, your just another solid cog on an engine. If your 2 CB friends are vulnerable, your defense is toast. Seems like we've been doing just fine in that department without begging anyone to be here. And Strong's done well in that area at several programs. I feel sorry for fans on his Twitter playing into this. Have some pride for Horn's sake. [​IMG]

12. PropositionJoe

PropositionJoe 2,500+ Posts

he's not going to end up at either OU or UT. the kid is looking for more attention, a free trip and a thousand more followers on twitter.

i dont know how in the heck the NCAA expects to legislate fans not tweeting at recruits when recruits themselves are begging for the attention.

13. Tommy_Grand

Tommy_Grand 500+ Posts

Good points Prop Joe.

PS Y'all might have a tough night out east v. the cocks. 10-point dogs?

14. PropositionJoe

starting on the road with a new QB against a top 10 team on a 18 some odd game home win streak. should be interesting.

i have faith in our offense. i'm hopeful about our defense.

either way, i'm just happy that football is here.

15. biganakhanhda

biganakhanhda 500+ Posts

LOOK AT ME!!! LOOK AT ME!!!

f**k off!

16. PropositionJoe

17. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

It is worth a try: PLEASE COME TO UT MR. MARSHALL!

18. Horns2005

Horns2005 250+ Posts

Wow. It's the 21st century, fellas. Why shouldn't he ask for as much information as possible, considering he probably doesn't have a lot of close ties to Austin?

Pretty much explains why our recruiting is the way it is -- if you don't assume Austin is football Valhalla, then don't even bother visiting?

Hopefully, if he does visit, it'll be more Ricky Williams (San Diego native), less Republic of Texas Militia.

19. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

Here's an idea, why not listen to the coaches from those schools that do the recruiting. You know the people that are paid large amounts of money to do this.

If you have any questions I am sure coaches including the head coach would be glad to hear from you and speak to you during the allowed time periods.

If you have any questions about the academics or anything else about either school you can also contact them and there are people on staff to answer them.

Instead you want what will turn into a pissing contest between two fan bases on a social media site. What a great idea. I wonder why all recruits don't resort to this to make a decision on what school to attend or visit.

Ricky Williams didn't have a poll, he was actively recruited by running backs coach Bucky Godbolt.

The reason our recruiting has been down is because the former head coach by his own admission said they got lazy at doing their job at a time when they had all the advantages after a lot of success on the field. Hopefully that is now fixed.

This is a pretty important decision for most student athletes.
    Why not do a little active research on your part to make it if needed instead of depending on people that could say anything truthful or complete fiction on a social media site. That's a good idea no matter what century it is.

By the way that's a nice ironic signature line you have there after your little lecture.