50/50 shot at 10 wins?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by X Misn Tx, Nov 18, 2018.

1. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Honestly, I didn't think we'd get there. I can't remember what I predicted, but it wasn't 10.

Here we sit 8-3 going into Kansas. If we win, that's 9-3 with two shots (B12 and bowl game) to get our 10th win.

The season is long... Maybe 12 games. We were 0-1, 6-1 after winning six straight, 6-3 after losing two straight, and now 8-3 with control of our conference destiny. We were "back," then we sure as hell weren't back and X should shut the hell up. Lol

Whatever happens the next couple of weeks, it's been a fun season.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  2. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

Season seems to have been like 1 step backward, 3 steps forward, 1 step backward, 3 steps forward, ... let's see, my math says that's progress.

• Like Like x 1
  3. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

We’ll finish 11-3. Take it to the bank.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Horn hubby

Horn hubby 500+ Posts

Until this year it feels like it’s been 1 step forward 3 steps back. I like this way much better.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

evidently having a real AD does matter! :p

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

I had to do something to compensate for allowing her to sit in the shop during the OkSt game!

(during the bye week, I installed a new heat/ac system ... but it took longer than I thought ... so the Vette was not in service when went to Stillwater ... bad ju ju. started a skid ... therefore ... )

First time we took her to Austin. Both of the girls had fun! So did daddy! :)

this was 4 hours prior to K/O

HOOK EM!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  7. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Mack Brown's second season Texas came into Aggy game 8-2, this was the year the bon fire collapsed. It was an emotionally charged game for both sides. Texas lost that game, lost the Big 12 championship to Nebraska, our only loss to Nebraska, and then lost to Arkansas in the Cotton Bowl.

9 wins is good, but I really want win #10 and to me it's unthinkable but I also want win #11.

8. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

I predicted an 8-4 season for the beloved Horns. They will blow by this prediction, and leave it in the dust.

They will beat ku this week, and then beat wvu ( who will beat ou this week) in the CC game. And then have a great bowl game. Looking at 10 or 11 wins.

Congratulations to players and coaches for a great win over isu, and on getting the Horns back on track for greatness!!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

9 wins after Kansas because I believe they want it and 10 wins with the conference championship because Herman is coaching in his element there no matter who we play. I just feel it. Might be a let down after that because we havent done it in a while, but I would say 50/50 in that game for 11 wins.

10. envgeo

envgeo 500+ Posts

i predicted a 7/5 or 8/4 season and if we got real lucky, an amazing season at 9/3.

11. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

HOOK EM![/QUOTE]
    I really hope you're kidding, so I'll play along and say "poor Charlie had to deal with zero help"

12. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

How about the team gets win #9 first?

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

of course I'm kidding. sorta. :eek: :) :p \m/

14. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

I'm sure my 50/50 probability is off, but it seems like we lock in for Kansas and take care of business. 90%, then we have two chances at 1 win. 55% chance in the B12. Depends on our opponent in the bowl game.