6 days short of coming home

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Macanudo, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Macanudo

Macanudo 2,500+ Posts

2. HornDig_It

HornDig_It 25+ Posts

It always sucks to hear about a person down to their last days there to not make it when they are so close.

Now I wonder if they get cycled a lot more to go on patrols and stuff once their tour is drawing near the end

3. NEWDOC2002

NEWDOC2002 1,000+ Posts

How is it more tragic whether it is on their first day or their last? I contend they both suck equally, just not as ironic.

4. TexonLongIsland

TexonLongIsland 2,500+ Posts

RIP Spc Bennett

[​IMG] How does this make the admin's actions criminal, though? Spc. Bennett had just re-enlisted as well

5. Macanudo

Macanudo 2,500+ Posts

6. bozo_casanova

bozo_casanova 2,500+ Posts

[pevo]Yeah, but my taxes are lower and we got some judges.[/pevo]

7. Kwisatz

Kwisatz 500+ Posts

and don't forget the assault rifles

8. DeadHorse

DeadHorse 1,000+ Posts

So, was Bush wrong when he said war was "romantic?"

9. badexcuse

badexcuse 1,000+ Posts

10. MaduroUTMB

MaduroUTMB 2,500+ Posts

People in the administration have wanted Iraq since 1991. Wars always have causes and pretexts, and the union between them is variable (see Polybius). In the case of Iraq, it has become increasingly apparent that the pretexts offered (WMD and then the good of the Iraqi people) have just about nothing to do with the real cause of the war.

11. stabone

stabone 500+ Posts

12. Sii

Sii 1,000+ Posts

[dick cheney]so...They volunteered[/dick cheney]

Bush....Cheney...and Rummy should all be in jail for the lies they pushed out to get the US into Iraq...and war that never should have been

13. stabone

stabone 500+ Posts

14. HornGrandioso

HornGrandioso 500+ Posts

15. TexonLongIsland

TexonLongIsland 2,500+ Posts

pretty sure securing oil supplies from the ME has been US policy since FDR's administration

16. MaduroUTMB

MaduroUTMB 2,500+ Posts

17. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

This administration is criminal in it's actions.

Add congress to your list as well, they have controlled the purse strings.

18. S197HQQKEM

S197HQQKEM 500+ Posts

So Bush I LIED about Saddam's invasion of Kuwait?

dayum!

amazing, so who owned all them so called Iraqi tanks and **** in Kuwait City?

18 years this war has been going on through three admins, this admin didn't start it, they just took it to a conclusion that should have been done a long time back. Billy Boy had eight years to end the Iraq conflict and did NOTHING.

19. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

^
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ........"to a conclusion?". Then why are we there if it is over? If it walks like Viet Nam and talks like Viet Nam and the body bags look like Viet Nam......."Iraq conflict"....my ***!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

20. washparkhorn

washparkhorn 2,500+ Posts

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rest in peace and thank you Durrell.

21. BA93

BA93 1,000+ Posts

very sad that so many young and talented people have died in a war that is accomplishing goals that have nothing to do with the security of the US.

22. UT-69745551

UT-69745551 250+ Posts

23. HornDig_It

HornDig_It 25+ Posts

i think the thing that sickens me most about this is not that it's not like the IED and RPG problems are new. they've got many people who have tried to come up with solutions to solve this ranging from the Israelis, but the administration shoots it down saying it doesn't work or not enough testing to show it works. Yet it comes out that the body armor failed 60 percent of its tests. Or vehicles that blackwater was using that the marines were begging for, but the top brass said was too costly. I say if you are to send people anywhere, you better spend the damn money to make sure they are protected.

Most people who sign up know what they are getting into more or less. It's the military, sometimes people die in this line of work, but to be left with second rate equipment is not acceptable.