6 years..and a few weeks...sober!

Discussion in 'Quackenbush's' started by BHud, Dec 24, 2012.

1. BHud

BHud 250+ Posts

It was with great joy that I received a PM asking me where my yearly check in to Quackenbush's was. I have been so busy with life and the sober homes that...I just plain forgot! But to know that someone was actually wondering where I was.....such a great feeling!

So without further adieu...for those that don't know, I showed up on this board on or about the 6th of December, 2006. I was hurting, addicted, drunk, and spiritually lost. I received a lot of things here, but most importantly...I got some hope. No judgment, either. Kinda like what we say in recovery: no shame, no blame, we love you just the same. And I used that attitude to build the foundation of how I would treat people in recovery, as an individual, and later within our ministry: the way Jesus would have me treat people, as well.

I have left my 30s, and moved to my 40s. The days of drink and drug seem like just yesterday, and on occasion they do whisper my name. but I know what lies within them: death and suffering, for me. And, probably divorce.....[​IMG] I no longer miss the corporate world, outside of the financial aspect. (There is a humility that goes into serving God, and raising your own support. If you want to find a new sense of humbleness, I have a GREAT program...)

The point of all this, is that it's true: we DO recover. We can change. It's really simple...not easy, but simple. I was a hardcore drunken/addict, and I found a way out, in the 12 Steps, that turned me on to Jesus Christ. I got my marriage back. The little boy that we adopted, Daniel Colton, is the biggest, perfect, 5 year old Longhorn fan you can imagine. And he's never seen me buzzed, drunk, or high. Today I'm a Licensed Faith Based Counselor, as well as a Licensed Minister. My life has purpose.

If you read this, and you or a family member are struggling, hurting, or worried you or a loved one might be on the edge of addiction, or want a way out, please feel free to call me, or email me, I'm not the brightest bulb on the planet...but by the grace of God, I figured it out. And if I can change...anyone can realize true life change.

To all of you that extended your hand to me in the beginning, bless you. It is appreciated in ways I will never be able to express. I want you to know, your kindness is paid forward almost daily. It decks the halls of our sober homes. ( And if you ever want to partner with us, or you need an end of the year tax break, we are a legit 501 c 3 organization, always taking donations. Our website isThe Link sayin...[​IMG] )

But seriously, if you need help, call me anytime, day or night at 817 606 9580. If you don't want to call, but are worried about your circumstances, have hope in this Christmas season. Don't ever give up on your life: you cant leave before the miracle.

Love and blessings to all of you,
    Bryce Hudnall
    Bryce@soberbygrace.org

2. SunBurntOrange

SunBurntOrange 500+ Posts

It is so nice to get on line and actually read something that does not make you want to tune out completely. Congratulations on another anniversary of strength and success. [​IMG]

3. dahorns

dahorns 250+ Posts

congrats on your ongoing success.
    thanks for posting.
    very inspiring the work you are doing now

4. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Wow, what a great post outcome for such a tough place to be. Congratulations!

[​IMG]

5. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

I pray the Lord continue to hold you in the palm of His hand, and that you continue to extend your hand to those in need. Congratulations on another birthday. It works if you work it.

6. NEWDOC2002

NEWDOC2002 1,000+ Posts

7. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Congratulations on finding your way and helping others find their way.

8. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Thanks for making this post every year; I've always thought it was kind of cool but this year in particular really inspired me.

9. Namewithheld

Namewithheld 2,500+ Posts

Awesome, good for you!!!

[​IMG]