610's Ag John Lopez: Colt Not in Top 4 Big XIIQBs

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Bevo71, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Bevo71

Bevo71 500+ Posts

...much less the Heisman. Just heard it as he was discussing the Heisman on his radio program a bit ago. Unfortunately, he said that has a vote in the Heisman race. He voted Colt #2 last year. Colt isnt in his top 3 now.

He has been allowed to vote in that since the mid 80s.

Why?

2. HousHorn09

HousHorn09 2,500+ Posts

John Lopez = aggy homer moron.

That is all.

3. Oilfield

Oilfield Guest

4. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

So the 4th best QB in the Big12, is the #2 alltime winningest QB in NCAA history, poised to be #1 in a few weeks?

Sounds like a real knowledgeable guy. [​IMG]

5. TrashMaster G

TrashMaster G 250+ Posts

Why does anyone contine to pay attention to that fuckstick?

I daresay if you polled the HC at every Div 1-A football program outside of the Big XII and said "You can have any Big XII starting QB - pick one" that Colt would be far and away the top pick.

6. Bevo71

Bevo71 500+ Posts

Earlier this season he was touting Jarrod Johnson as a Heisman candidate.

7. Jason Atchley

Jason Atchley 250+ Posts

Who is Jerrald Johnson?

8. RecklessKelli

RecklessKelli 250+ Posts

Sigh! Most of the time aggy delusion is hilarious and quite entertaining, but sometimes (usually after they win a couple in a row) it's just so utterly moronic and ridiculous that I just can't take it. Who, even aggy, in their semi-lucid awareness of a nimble and loose grip on reality could possibly think such a thing? My "sigh" stems from a tiredness of such delusion and idiocy, but more from a disappointment in aggy being part of humankind. C'mon aggy...seriously.

9. HornFinc

HornFinc 250+ Posts

I really used to like listening to KILT. Lopez is so hard to listen to, though. Not because he's an Aggie or his tainted viewpoint, but he just has a very annoying voice and doesn't say anything substantive.

10. michaelp

michaelp 25+ Posts

that's what sucks about the aggies and sooners....they can't even get passed themselves to see that someone else on another big 12 team is better....

it would be interesting to see how the other SEC media types that have a Heisman vote view Tebow

11. Longhorny630

Longhorny630 1,000+ Posts

12. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

Snead.. oh man. Has he ever fallen off the map.

I was rooting for him, but obviously he does not have "it". Think how differently our team would be if the Texas coaches had evaluated Snead and Colt differently in 2006. Or maybe it would have become obvious, I don't know.

13. The Gnome Man

The Gnome Man 250+ Posts

Didn't the Chronicle (with it's fairly low standards) fire this idiot?? Why is anyone still listening to him?

14. RobbyHorn

RobbyHorn 500+ Posts

Lopez makes me sound like a genius when discussing football. Just because I placed out of anm doesn't mean I'm a genius though.

15. Pop

Pop < 25 Posts

While Colt hasn't played as well this year versus last he's still the top QB in the Big 12. One simple question for the intellectually homeless Lopez...who do you want at QB with 2 minutes left in the game needing at TD to win? What other QB in the Big 12 would this moron rather have at the control?

16. Bevo71

Bevo71 500+ Posts

Unfortunately, 610 is the station that carries all the Longhorn football games...unless they conflict with the Rockets.

17. GatorHorn

GatorHorn 250+ Posts

18. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

with bradford out, the baylor qb out, the two tech starting qb's out, and if mccoy isnt there, who are his top 4?

19. Wesser

Wesser 1,000+ Posts

I imagine that he has Zac Robinson, Todd Reesing. Jarrod Johnson (and either Gabbert or Jones). This guy is a tool.

20. HornInLC

HornInLC 100+ Posts

I'll bet he was also one of those idiots who argued that Reggie was better than Vince and Derek Farmer was better than Cedric. How did that turn out?

21. Oilfield

Oilfield Guest

The popular thing to say in Houston is that the Cougar quarterback is better. He is very good to be sure, but Colt is 2-0 versus UTEP. [​IMG]

22. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

23. Chest Rockwell

Chest Rockwell 1,000+ Posts

John Lopez has as much business writing about Sports as Tom Clancy has writing Romance novels.

24. rememberthealamo

rememberthealamo 250+ Posts

....the chronicle fired him over the gillespie contract flap ...his reporting was so homer it rivaled the Odyssey...heard him last night after the Texans game ...he went way out of his way to trash Vince and his performance yesterday

25. UT1986

UT1986 500+ Posts

26. Pentaconta

Pentaconta 1,000+ Posts

I don't really care if Lopez is an aggy homer. I just wish they wouldn't try to pass him off as an objective sports commentator. It would be much less intellectually dishonest if they were up front about his biases. Hell, they could even find a UT homer to pair up with him for the show. The back-and-forth might actually be mildly more entertaining. Although Lopez would probably quickly tire of the UT guy pwning him all the time.

27. horn123

horn123 500+ Posts

Just Win Baby [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

28. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

Rush Limbaugh will break bread with liberals before Lopez has anything good to say about UT. He's an aggy homer all the way, and given his lack of any noticeable talent, it's amazing that any station would let him take up airspace. Obviously, there's a village out there somewhere that's missing its' idoit.

29. Hornin Hong Kong

Hornin Hong Kong 1,000+ Posts

30. Tan Ted Deki

Tan Ted Deki 500+ Posts