7' 7' Kenny George - UNC-Asheville

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by Victorious1, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Victorious1

Victorious1 250+ Posts

Anyone watch the UNC-Asheville-Ohio St NIT game last night? UNC-Asheville's center is 7' 7" 360 lbs (no beanpole) and looked like a giant on the floor with the other players. Wikipedia states he wears a size 28 shoe, 101.5" wingspan (8.5 ft) and can dunk without leaving the floor. I believe he is a junior but has anyone heard if he is NBA material?

[​IMG]

2. Mr. Orange

Mr. Orange 100+ Posts

3. Beau Vine

Beau Vine 1,000+ Posts

I think he's a better player than Gheorge Muresan was, and Muresan was an NBA starter for three years.

Somebody will definitely draft this guy unless he gets more bad medical news.

4. Texas Wahoo

Texas Wahoo 1,000+ Posts

I watched part of that game. They don't even have him on the line during free throws to get the rebound. They have him walk up the court to get ready to be on defense. The whole game he just looked tired and depressed. It reminded me of TLC's special on the really tall Chinese player that had been adopted by a US family, but had a ton of medical conditions. I'll be rooting for the kid.

5. Blinky

Blinky < 25 Posts

T. Hansbrough posterized this guy at the beginning of the season.

6. origino

origino 250+ Posts

It was fun watching him. They have a play where he just stands next to the rim and they toss it up. He just catches it and DROPS it in. Literally. That one play where he goal tended the shot (not a layup) was hilarious. Reminded me of when my friends and I used to play on a 7 ft goal for fun. It was like a 12 ft jumper and he just hit it for fun.

I do feel sorry for him though. He has a tough time doing anything I am sure.

7. Beau Vine

Beau Vine 1,000+ Posts

8. adUTleander

adUTleander 250+ Posts

9. Victorious1

Victorious1 250+ Posts

Last nights box score:

MIN: 27
    FGM-A: 6-7
    REB: 11
    OFF: 3
    AST: 1
    PF: 1
    PTS: 12

10. drunkfan#1

drunkfan#1 100+ Posts

He looked like he was on horse tranquilizers the whole game. If Somebody made a bucket on him he would drop his head and slowly walk up the court.

11. Duff_Man

Duff_Man Guest

12. Texas Wahoo

Texas Wahoo 1,000+ Posts

13. chickendog!

chickendog! 100+ Posts

I've watched a couple of their games. He can almost completely shut down the lane. He not only changed a lot of shots last night but he kept a lot of midrange jumpers from going up at all. He's a factor in the college game. You just can't plant him under the basket in the nba.

13 boards 4 blocks and 7 pts against Tenn. 16 pts, 13 boards, 3 blocks against S. Carolina. Against UNC, 24 minutes, 7-10 from the floor for 14 pts, 11 boards, and 4 blocked shots. Regardless of how ugly it was to get them, those are legit numbers against a top 3 team.

He may be a stiff, but he's an effective stiff.

If he continues to improve, NBA teams will work him out, but I'd be surprise if he gets drafted.

14. unpaintedhuffhines

unpaintedhuffhines 1,000+ Posts

15. Ramathorn

Ramathorn 1,000+ Posts

Rooting for him as well, but he is not better than Muresan.

16. secohorn

secohorn < 25 Posts

This reminds me..............

Whatever happenned to George Mueller from back in the late 80s (under penders)?

17. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

18. Benson32

Benson32 1,000+ Posts

his wingspan is 101"

this is unbelievable