71% disapproval for BHO on economy

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by UTChE96, Aug 19, 2011.

1. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

The Link

2. ShinerTX

ShinerTX 1,000+ Posts

Trying to figure out what the 29% might be approving?

3. CottonEyedHorn

CottonEyedHorn 1,000+ Posts

How many of those still think it's Bush's fault?

4. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

Considering 40% of the public will vote Democratic no matter what. It means that over 25% of Obama's dyed in the wool supporters disapprove of his handling of the economy. That's huge.

5. Michtex

Michtex 1,000+ Posts

6. PhantomHorn

PhantomHorn 1,000+ Posts

I don't know what Hillary is waiting for. This is low hanging fruit waiting to be picked. Many prominant Democrats now believe she would of been a better president. I would agree (and I am a Republican). If she can pull it off and beat Obama in the primary, Obama will be the first sitting president to lose in the primaries since 1856.

7. BuffaloBayouBevo

BuffaloBayouBevo 100+ Posts

8. mcbrett

mcbrett 2,500+ Posts

Yeah-

And I disapprove of the way Obama handled the Tsunami in Japan, the Greek, Spanish, Italian, Irish, Portuguese debt crisis in Europe.
    And I disapprove of how he handled 900,000 jobs being lost in his FIRST month of the Presidency and that SOB had the nerve to wait 7 or 8 months before the economy began to anemically add jobs every month since then.

This is outrageous. [​IMG]

9. TexasGolf

TexasGolf 2,500+ Posts

"And I disapprove of the way Obama handled the Tsunami in Japan, the Greek, Spanish, Italian, Irish, Portuguese debt crisis in Europe. "

You bought into that? WOW Mcbrett, thought you were more of an independent thinker to fall for that line. How about BHO debt crisis and the futhuring of the burden he has placed on the US.

"And I disapprove of how he handled 900,000 jobs being lost in his FIRST month of the Presidency and that SOB had the nerve to wait 7 or 8 months"

Unemply sitll over 9% despite spending 100's of billions. He said it would not go over 8% if the money was spent. "Shovel Ready" was a joke..the money went to pay back the people who elected him. The eco. is slowing down again, future GDP is slowing and being cut. The market is selling off and was in a mini bubble.

This is BHO economy and he has failed. He can continue to blame others, but the American people can see it clearly now that his ideas are failing here and similar ideas of spending are/have failed in Europe. If the eco stays this way (which it will...it is flat) until next fall, he is a one termer. He still does not have a plan and will present one in Sept after his vacation. It is clear that he lives in a vacuum. He is a one trick pony and has no other ideas. It is showing.

10. mcbrett

mcbrett 2,500+ Posts

If you hated Obama already, which you clearly did, the economy is just something else to pin on him, facts be damned. This topic isn't very discussion worthy as once again people believe what they want to believe.

11. BuffaloBayouBevo

TexasGolf,

You must think the President has, or should have extraordinay power to effectuate rapid economic and cultural change. The primary reason for the debt crisis is the recession. This caused tax revenues to plummet. The recession begain in 2007.

To the extent Obama exacerbated the debt, the only real expenditure that is on him as a contributing factor is the 800 billion stimulus. The remainder of his budgets are existing obligations to Medicare, SS and defense spending. About half of the stimulus was tax reductions, and I've read enough from conservatives to know that this cannot contribute to the deficit. Regardless of whether the stimulus was a winner or loser, it is not the primary reason we have a looming debt crisis.

He has failed to get unemployment down, but what we are seeing from the continued deleveraging of both private and public debt, we are in an extremely dire economic crisis.

I don't know if another President would have done better, but I am certain we would still have substantial debt and high unemployment.

To the extent that we could "blame" a President, I would pick both Clinton and Bush for creating or exacerbating policies that permitted the exceptional private sector levarage, and not taking enough steps to reign in spending. Clinton benefitted from an expanding economy that we now know was somewhat smoke and mirrors. Bush merely inherited an economy on the brink of contraction and made it worse with massive spending coupled with tax cuts.

However, even if Clinton and Bush had been more competent presidents, we would still likely be in a recession now because low interest rates made it possible for Americans and Europeans to live well beyond their means for many, many years.

12. ShinerTX

ShinerTX 1,000+ Posts

Elect a President who is not generally hostile toward business and see how quickly investments are made and the economy turns around.

13. TexasGolf

TexasGolf 2,500+ Posts

In reply to:

14. Michtex

Michtex 1,000+ Posts

In reply to:

15. TexasGolf

TexasGolf 2,500+ Posts

In reply to:

16. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

It's amazing how many people still buy into what BHO has to say. Most on the right and left acknowledges what kind of job Bush did but no matter how much of a mess Obama has made since taken office, they will make excuses and blame everyone but the guy that shoved healthcare that we can't pay for down our throat .

It has been determined that it takes about 8 months on average for legislators to make law and to start seeing results. Of course that's not talking about end results, just start seeing results. So for any clowns here that acts like 2 1/2 years is not enough time to start seeing results will never admit how pathetic Obama really is. I really can't think of anything BHO has done good outside of finishing what Bush started in getting Bin Laden. I never thought we would see another president in our lifetime worse than Jimmy Carter. BHO is a one term president and you are crazy if you think he can take our economy from bad to a disaster and have unemployment as high as it is and get re-elected. Obama keeps talking about how they have added this many jobs. When you employ 1 million consensus workers it would appear that way. The problem is there contract ends and the unemployment keeps the rate up. No way in hell he gets re-elected.

17. ShinerTX

ShinerTX 1,000+ Posts

I35 I'd love to have your confidence. The thing about Jimmy Carter is that we had Ronald Reagan to come in to fix things. Do Perry or Romney have that kind of skill?

18. BuffaloBayouBevo

Texas Golf

19. BuffaloBayouBevo

20. BrothaHorn

BrothaHorn 1,000+ Posts

21. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

The Liberal spin is getting worse and worse and I mean pathetic, did I just hear someone blame McCain? Or because McCain lied it is ok that Obama lied?

22. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

23. BuffaloBayouBevo

majorwhiteapplies,

24. Bronco

Bronco 500+ Posts

This absolution of the economy by the BO supporters is getting a little tiring.

I agree 100% that the president gets too much blame or credit for the economy. However, in times of crisis presidents have to make stands (for better or worse) and actually do something.

BO hasn't offered a budget. That fact is glossed over by his supporters time and time again, and I have no idea why. On the debt crisis, BO did his usual talking but took no real action.

He himself created a debt council and he completely ignored their findings. No one calls him on it. I dont know why.

He says he favors tax increases coupled with entitlemnt reform and spending cuts. He has said so many times it is nauseating. Yet, he has not put pen to paper on one single thing. Not one. Nothing specific on cuts at all.

In times of crisis, leaders are supposed to lead. BO needs to submit a bidget to congress that specifically lines out his exact cuts and exact tax increases he wants that will lead us to a stronger financial position. He doesn't get called out on it and I dont know why.

This is why we call him an amatuer and a very very poor leader. Can you imagine Teddt Roosevelt or JFK never putting their plans on the table? They would be enraged if someone tried to do it instead of them. They would put it out there for all to see and then take it to the public. They damn sure would never in their careers be caught blaming the other side in public and whining like a 10 year old.

And as I have sid, I freking voted for Obama. I thought he would be different and thought the country needed a breath of fresh air. Yet he has been more partisan than any president in my lifetime.

25. BuffaloBayouBevo

bronco,

You raise some good points. I do not think he has been an effective leader, and its entirely possible things would be better if we had someone who was.

26. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

Excellent post bronco. No reasonable person could disagree with anything you wrote.

27. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

28. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

29. Namewithheld

Namewithheld 2,500+ Posts

30. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts