A better Missouri - Texas hoops matchup

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by MizzouAustinite, Jan 10, 2008.

1. MizzouAustinite

MizzouAustinite < 25 Posts

In prep for this weekend, a nifty look at a game from back in the day when Mizzou was still a hoops power and Texas was the superior football team rather than the vice versa bizzaro world we live in this season. This was actually my first trip ever to the Lone Star State, great time...Travis Mays and Lance Blanks were outstanding for UT back then. Hopefully Mizzou can clean up the mess Quin Snyder left and produce more games like this soon.
    The Link

2. Bob in Houston

Bob in Houston 2,500+ Posts

I was just happy that Texas was able to advance.

I thought Missouri was a FF team that year.

Too bad for Jim Nantz and Dick Stockton that they got older while I didn't.

3. KosherHorn

KosherHorn 250+ Posts

That is the saddest Bevo mascot I've ever seen!!! Are his longhorns just stretched-out socks?

Doug Smith... wow. That's a name I haven't heard in a while (not including the old Houston Oilers D-lineman).

And Missouri has 46 points with 1:45 to go in the first half. Gotta love that Penders-style D!

4. Watching that clip, I wondered if that is how Eddie Sutton sees the game...watch one possession, doze off, wake up 3 minutes later, watch one possession, pass out, wake up 4 minutes later with a completely new line-up, watch a lay-up, pass out...