A corrupt system

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Uninformed, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

An assistant of mine buys about $200 of food stamps for $75. The person selling uses the money to buy clothes for her kids or drugs or whatever. My assistant asked me if I wanted to partake and I declined. Anyway, I was complaining to a black dentist friend of mine about the issue. He was telling me that I should explain to her why it is wrong. But he also told me that it was small potatoes compared to the bankers who stole millions during the housing crisis. On cue, I stated that politicians were to blame, urging the banks to lend and artificially pumping up the market.

But my buddy has a point. Politicians are corrupt. Businessmen are corrupt. People are corrupt. There is a moral decay in this country. Do you agree? Why did the decay happen? What can we do to reverse the trend?

2. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

Political power corrupts the judgment. A flaw in America is that the majority don't believe that's true for every government, including this one, or any so-called democratic government. Which is why the Framers of the Constitution wanted as small a government as possible, and chained it with the Constitution. But over 200 years of those in power has eroded enough of that to lead us along the path we're still on.

[​IMG]

Whatever Happened To Justice? -- Amazon.com Books

3. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

4. CedarParkFan

CedarParkFan 1,000+ Posts

5. A. BETTIK

A. BETTIK 1,000+ Posts

When power is diffuse and decentralized, corruption flows like corn syrup in Antarctica. When we concentrate power in a centralized location to a monopoly, corruption flows like $16 trillion dollar **** through a goose.

6. Roger35

Roger35 2,500+ Posts

7. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

"Refrain from taking a stand or risk being labelled intolerant."

Bingo. Of course if you disagree with liberals, you are intolerant and to be despised. Liberal DOES NOT equate with tolerance for other views. [​IMG]

8. Roger35

Roger35 2,500+ Posts

9. IvanDiabloHorn

IvanDiabloHorn 1,000+ Posts

I think it started with the attack on humor. Politically correct humor is not funny, except to liberals.

The food stamp scam is ridiculous. I don't think anyone down on their luck should go hungry, but the food stamps should only be temporary and paid back to the tax payor, same as other state benefits. If you decide to have kids that you cant support, I agree those kids should be cared for but then you should be on the hook to pay back every cent to the state after they turn eighteen. If the benefits you recieved are 60,000, you pay the state back 60,000. That would certainly slow down the withdrawal.
    State enforcement of the rules and changing the rules would be beneficial.
    IE: YOU DONT GET TO EAT AS WELL AS THE TAXPAYOR THAT IS PAYING.
    You can only but hamburger meat, not steaks.
    You can buy only generic vegetables etc.
    It would not be a problem to get a basic low cost food to keep people from starving until they can pay for themselves.

Problem is that the Supermarkets would lose the our tax money revenue and would fight any change.

In the last two weeks, I have been in HEB twice. One occasion, I saw a woman charge 245.00 and some cents on a lone star card and then proceed to her Hummer in the parking lot. The second time I saw the lone star card used to buy bottled water.
    Bottled water??? If you are using tax money, drink from the tap!

10. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

The scam for food stamps is just a small part of the problem.

As has been pointed out time and time again, especially here in Texas, the illegal population does not come to Texas/United States to work, they come to tithe off the welfare system in the United States.

There is a whole cartel that does nothing but move people here to take from the Welfare system and these people are provided housing, names, ss, ability to buy cars, and jobs. They are given legal protection, ways to do their taxes and make more money. These cartels take their cut, call it New York circa pre-1900, the Irish/Italians/Germans etc.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Illegal Immigration has taken on a completely differnet form than what is portrayed in the media or by liberals.