a couple of thoughts on current coaches

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by BigWill, Oct 20, 2012.

1. BigWill

BigWill 2,500+ Posts

1) Briles is a bigger cock than stoops

2) Bill Snyder is the best coach in the country, and #2 isn't close behind.

2. dthree36

dthree36 500+ Posts

I agree with point #2

3. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

4. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Snyder is amazing. Briles does seem like a major league putz.

5. LakeErieHorn

LakeErieHorn 500+ Posts

I disagree on #2 being a cock at all. Unless I am misreading your post.

6. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

1. saban
    2. meyer
    3. Snyder

only thing is I don't think Snyder does as good a job in a big time program.

7. BigWill

BigWill 2,500+ Posts

maybe, but saban and meyer don't make chicken soup out of chicken **** either.

8. BigWill

BigWill 2,500+ Posts

what a crock of ****.

longhorn fans are the most entitled bunch of ******* I've ever gotten drunk with.

Most of you ******** have only been alive for 1 national championship...courtesy of mack ************* brown.

yeah, diaz D is a shitshow. maybe, just maybe, Jordan Hicks is a difference maker?

9. #2is#1

#2is#1 1,000+ Posts

Bigwill I think you just summed up all my thoughts in a paragraph. That is what I'm screaming. [​IMG]

10. Sydhank

Sydhank 100+ Posts

Nope. That national championship was courtesy of Vincent f'n Young. 300 and 200, one man wrecking crew.

11. BigWill

BigWill 2,500+ Posts

you're full of ****. completely and totally.

a lot of guys made a lot of plays that night and that season. not just VY.

12. Leeroy Jenkins

Leeroy Jenkins 25+ Posts

Yeah, no doubt if we'd have had Hicks, we would have beat both WV and OU! [​IMG]
    We're lucky to have Brown because no other coach could even win 6 games a year.

13. 1leggedduck

1leggedduck 1,000+ Posts

All we need is a servicable DC and everything will be fine. We can keep crawling up our own asses the 1st weekend of October. We will continue wondering why our team looks soft and why other teams seem more physical. We will keep winning the valuable recruitment trophy so the questions about how a program can do a llittle above average with presumably the best talent in the country can persist. And if that is the way it goes until Mack is wheeled out in a chair then so be it. Because on January 4, 2006, Mack and a team stacked with NFL talent won us a MNC. I like Mack Brown on a lot of levels. He brought our program to great heights and I was in the stands in the Cotton Bowl when we played for it the last time.I respectfully believe we need a new direction. I do not believe winning a shootout with Baylor is really cause to declare all is well. And a new DC will make things better, but it will only be treating symptoms, in my humble opinion.

14. Sydhank

Sydhank 100+ Posts

Uh, I am full of **** for expressing an opinion. Take a deep breath there internet tough guy. Vince ran for 200 yards and three TDs and passed for 267. He had 467 yards out of a total 556 yards for the entire team. As a QB he outgained the second best rushed 200 to 40. His performance was staggering, and many have called it the single greatest individual performance by a player in college football history. Not to mention the little 4th and 19 conversion vs Kansas just to get there. Without Vince Texas does not beat USC. No question and that doesn't make me full of ****. Mack is an excellent recruiter. He gets outcoached routinely. I have seen one too many 60+ *** kickings from stoops to keep apologizing for Mack. 7 wins in the last 20 conference games and 0-9 in last 9 games vs ranked opponents. No one questions the talent. Is K state more talented?? They do more with less, Mack does less with more. If you argue that you are simply ignoring overwhelming evidence. Mack is a gentleman, would love him to coach my sons. In elementary school.

15. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

Yeah and David Thomas made 11 catches, the defense
    made two key stops or no championship.

Reggie Bush makes an absolutely moronic lateral that
    they were going to get points out of that drive.

Oh and Casey Studdard recovers Young's fumble
    on the next to last drive that saved the game.

USC has a face mask penalty on the last drive or
    Texas faces a fourth down earlier in the drive.

Other than those plays and many others made by a
    team littered with NFL future starters and NFL League
    Leaders in rushing, Yeah it was a one man show.

16. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

17. BigWill

BigWill 2,500+ Posts

if not for the georgia loss...if not for my uncle having balls, he'd be my aunt.

how about this? if not for colt getting a freak injury, Mack would have 2. would you be whining like a little ***** if he had two national championships? if you're gonna "what if" about the GA game, then give mack the AL game. I was there. We were gonna light them the f**k up. if not for that freak colt injury.

18. BigWill

BigWill 2,500+ Posts

btw...how does Mack's record at TX compare with DKR's????

19. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

I wasn't what iffing the Georgia loss. Just saying I was alive for all the NCs, and attended a chance to win another which you said most of us weren't that are calling Mack out. You read that totally wrong, but not surprising. Surprised you can read at all.

I want a better coach. I think we can get a better coach. Actually a better coach is 200 miles north in Ft. Worth. Another better coach was on campus and we let him go. You want to continue to get owned by OU and lose at home to a total crap WVU, then you have your man.

20. Sydhank

Sydhank 100+ Posts

Amen Wadster.

I didn't say one man show. I said one man wrecking crew. And that is what he was. Yes, he didn't lead the team in receptions that game. David Thomas did. Kinda hard to pass and catch at the same time. In a game where 22 people are on the field at one time, certainly other players will make plays. Arguing Vince didn't make a ridiculous amount of those plays, an absolutely dominating share of those plays...is just not accurate.

I love what Mack Brown did for this program. He won like crazy from 2000-2010. He won with class and a clean program. His time has passed. Convincing us he has "rededicated" or "reenergized" himself for a $5m per year gig is insulting.

The results speak for themselves. A new direction is needed for this program. We squeaked by freaking Baylor at home to avoid a three game streak. We got curb stomped again in Dallas by a team with maybe less talent. I have rationalized Mack forever, just done with it.

21. Bevo-Stevo

Bevo-Stevo 1,000+ Posts

In terms of wins or conference & national championships? You can figure that one out. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

22. Mr. Fiesta

Mr. Fiesta 1,000+ Posts

They threw out a good stat tonight about the 14 years with Mack and the previous 14 before him. Lots of 10 win seasons and bowl game wins with Mack, not so many of anything the 14 before him. Before we throw Mack out with the bath water, let's not forgot what the man has done for Texas football. [​IMG]

23. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer 1,000+ Posts

It is unbelievable that you are defending Mack. He is ******* terrible. He is the closest thing to the Iraqi Minister of Info I've seen in a football coach. Baylor is not the 2nd best O in the country. TCU proved that last week. You don't need to expect to give up over 600 yards of O to win in the Big 12. Frogs held them to 430 in Waco. KSU held WVU to less than 250. Mack Brown is a goddamned underachieving fraud. Go hold some more "intense" practices without full pads, and keep fielding soft teams littered with vaginas. Anyone defending this garbage product is not to be taken seriously and should be ridiculed mercilessly.

24. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

Let's see 14 years before 1998 which would be in the
    middle 80's. Seems like there was something going on
    at A&M during this time period. Some coach named
    Sherrill was involved I believe. If not for SMU there
    would have been a death penalty involved.

25. Mr. Fiesta

Mr. Fiesta 1,000+ Posts

If my memory serves me right, we weren't exactly a rolling ball of butcher knives before Mack arrived.

26. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer 1,000+ Posts

Another thing. I love what the man has done. But his time has passed, and with each performance comes more spinning. I cannot take it any more. He deserved 3 years of latitude with his 2nd NC appearance in 5 years. The aggregate results of this 3 year period will be - assuming a very generous 9-4 record this year - as mediocre as any stretch with McWilliams or Mackovic, given the extra game Mack plays that they didn't. That's 7-5 average record. Now you can probably find some 6-5 / 5-6 season stretches with the former coaches. But were they pulling in Top 5 classes? No. They weren't. He's lost his magic. The strides over the last 2 seasons haven't been appreciable enough and quite frankly we've regressed so badly on D it's virtually inexplicable. He needs to go and anyone arguing this is ******* goofy.

27. 1leggedduck

1leggedduck 1,000+ Posts

I'm sure a lot of people wanted to remeber all the things Bobby Bowden had done for FSU and I know a lot of people were willing to step in front of buses for Joe Pa, even after it was apparent he had failed to stop a predator. Should those schools have kept those guys around as long as they did? What did that loyalty to individuals cost those programs?. Do you want to wander in the irrelevant wilderness after top flight talent quits coming to Texas? Do you want the program to have to rebuild from the ground up, again? I want to remember Mack as the guy who rebuilt Texas Football, Not as the guy who stayed too long and made it necessary to rebuild Texas Football again.

28. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

And that would involve recruiting and how was A&M
    getting those recruits over us? Fed Ex comes to mind.

Kind of like how SMU and TCU came out of nowhere
    to be football powers. How did they do that?

29. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer 1,000+ Posts

1. Fix your formatting
    2. Quit insinuating all our 80s/90s wilderness problems were the fault of Aggy cheating. That's loser talk.

30. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

NO and no!