A Longhorn must-have!!

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by AustinBat, Nov 3, 2014.

1. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

There is a new product that every Longhorn needs - the Longhorn third-stoplight! This product was designed by UT students who are member of the UT SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers. Every year they build a race car from scratch and then race in a competition with 500 cars from 50 countries! For many years, this was funded by the car manufacturers, but that funding is pretty much gone. This project is a way to ensure funding for years to come.

They are using crowdfunding to raise funds for production. 100% of profit will go to them. 100%!! The CoOp will be selling them as soon as they are produced and giving 100% to SAE. You will be able to get them on a website later but first they have to be produced!!

Vince Young was willing to put his support behind this, and he wants one! The lights are enthusiastically supported by UT Licensing, and have been approved by the US DOT.

The lights are installed by your rear stoplight, either at the top for most SUV's or on the bottom of the windshield for cars. Mounting for a convertible is shown on the website. Be sure to scroll to the bottom to see it work.

Let's help these students, and you can be one of the first to get one! If you have any questions, PM me.

I can't get the website link to work, but it"s The Link

Hook 'em!! [​IMG]

2. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

3. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

Lordamercy, I want that! [​IMG] x infinity!

4. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

me likey! [​IMG]

5. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

Please order one! They need your orders to fund production. It looks larger than it is because of the angle, and no one who sees it will doubt your loyalty!

6. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Nice. The blinker effect is really cool. [​IMG]

7. zinger

zinger 250+ Posts

You lost me at Hullabaloo. Not a word anyone with any knowledge of UT would ever use in an advertisement.

8. georgecostanza

georgecostanza NBHorn7’s Protégé

9. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

I never noticed that. I have tried to forget everything about the ags. I'll see if it can be changed! [​IMG]

10. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

This is a cool item, but I might point out that to wire it up with all the features working would involve some time, depending on each individual vehicle. It would be relatively easy to install the third brake light feature, since the wiring for the third brake light would be in the same area.
    But left and right turn signal wires may not be in the area, and would need to be run to the device. I'm sure it can be done, but could take some time at a shop, which is $$$.

11. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

You people just don't understand the BOMC going on here.

The "third brake light" is reference to the "twelfth man."

Your talking about how hard it will be to "hookem up."

Obviously the use of the word hullabaloo is a secret code to make fun of Aggies. You take that brake light to certain pro Texas mechanics and they will hookem up for free with company equipment.

On arrival you show the brake light and and when prompted for the code you say "Hullabaloo Connect Connect."

Aggies will have the last laugh though, as they will buy the lights and have them installed upside down!

12. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

The team is guessing that they can be professionally installed for $100-150. Directions for installing come with the lights, but would probably only be helpful to people experienced in working on cars.