A&M vs Texas 12/06/20

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by racerx5908, Dec 3, 2020.

1. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

I don’t disagree but the answer to almost every loss could be “if we made more of our shots we would have won”

This team will get better. And while other teams will get better too, our youth and new coach means we have a longer runway.
    :hookem:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

aggy has a very good team. The way we played last night, even though we lost, gives me a good feeling moving forward. I found myself asking if previous squads would have scrapped as hard as we did last night after falling down by 9 in the late stages of the 4th quarter. And the answer was "no, we would have folded".

And that's why I have a good feeling today about the women's BB team. Funny enough, I feel the same way about Shaka's bunch this year too.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. BBV_Horn

BBV_Horn 1,000+ Posts

I wish Charli had taken that 3 from the top of the key in the last few sec’s of game! That is her “go to” shot, which has worked quite often...:fire:
    BTW, CCFan...don’t pay attention to the “nattering nabobs of negativity” on this board...you have less than 25 posts, when you get to over 1,000, you’ll learn to ignore them....

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
  4. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

This just makes me even more mad!! It's just the fact that they are not that good to be posting things like this. I was not impressed with a&m at all considering the amount of experience they have. I hope she comes back next season & this matchup gets played again because I guarantee Texas blows them out by 20+ next season.

5. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

All aggy has to do is win the next 38 consecutive meetings with Texas and the series will be even.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

aggy being aggy. Funny they don't even know they have their own (weak) hand sign.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

To the victor goes the spoils.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. cc fan

cc fan 25+ Posts

Well it could never be up to you to decide anyway! This one game does not define who she is and why she’s in the narrative of the WNBA. It’s obvious it’s a skill that she possess, rather YOU saw it against the aggies or not, that is likes for people greater than yiu as a spectator. It’s the little minded, one sided decisions that set you off to say such a thing! Johnnie works with people like Precious and T. Mc Owen! Charli is a project for them and they are still trying to figure our what can be done! I already told you.... she is built different! But you don’t understand or better yet don’t want to understand. Your illusion of what Charli could have done in that block all night is absolutely wrong! My thoughts.... have better plays.... open up the lane..... create movement to dismantle the zone..... shoot. How do you explain not touching the ball in the 3rd. Was it Charlis fault? Oh she was guarded by 3 because of the 2-3 zone! Where’s your head! What the heck was she told to stay down low because there was nothing she could do! Yep, she was told that by your hopeful coach of a big! Don’t you know Charli wanted to get the hell off the block bc she was doubled and tripled. There were many times she didn’t get an entry pass all freaking night, especially the 3rd and you criticize that she’s not ready! Dude, we need guards! Anyway, THIS ONE GameWILL MEVER DEFINE ANYONE! Don’t forget who all recruited Charli. Don’t forget she knows what they wanted of her on the court ling before she came to Texas. So special coaches knows exactly what to do with a skill set! You don’t know what yiu are talking about!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. cc fan

cc fan 25+ Posts

In transition.... are you dilusional. She ran the freaking court in transition and your guard took a floating air ball and Charli ran the lane and hand out for a pass to finish! What do you mean? In transition. She knows how to run the court! Just talking itsh to be heard and no substance! this is why she could want to leave because the coaches probably think like you and it’s aggravating. Old school and don’t want to change! Thinking all players 6’5 and up should be 250 lbs. I could go on and on about your expectation of a tall player. Charli is filling a position bc we have no one else. They need her rebounds and they needed her to guard opponents bigs. It was a total sacrifice of her for this team to not be out of the paint! So the real critics and commentators realize this before you speak your thoughts! They understand no depth . So you know.... nothing has affected what is wanted of her! She still has options! Beautiful!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

WOW! cc you seem like an extremely defensive person. I do know one thing though, until someone steps up and starts hitting some outside shots Charli will continue to be double and triple teamed.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Indeed. Hopefully we get another shot at them in the tournament if there is one.

• Like Like x 3
  12. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Yep. We'd better learn how to better ATTACK a zone defense as well. Every WBB team in the Big XII is well-coached and, as we all know, lots of innovative and junk defenses come with that.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Jacob Johnson

I'm just going to respond to both of your completely false statements in one response... First of all NOBODY IS AGAINST CHARLI! Your trying to paint this narrative that everyone is talking bad about her or people want the worse for her which is not the case whatsoever. Is Collier a great player? ABSOLUTELY! Do I think she should go to the league after this season? No, for the simple fact she did not look comfortable whatsoever against A&M. It's the little things about basketball that you don't seem to understand which make the difference. Like passing out of a double team. Especially in a zone & once she did Ortiz got a wide open 3 pointer and another that led to a Celeste Taylor 3 pointer.

As far as scoring for Collier, yes there were many times guards missed her on the entry pass but there are more ways she could have scored. As I stated in transition which you seem to completely ignore. Collier could have easily had 10-12 points in transition alone. Yes she did run the floor but at times she ran the floor and just ran to the block and I know for a fact that is not what Vic Schaefer teaches. He is very strong on what he wants in transition and that is not it. I also know the reason Collier stayed on the block so much is because we have no depth or another banger in the paint to spread Collier out. Before the season began Vic said he wanted Collier to play the 4 and spread her out to create more one on one opportunities for her but you can't do that when your the only big we have.

All of this just goes to show how little you know because if you actually did research and not talk out the side of your neck then you would know that everything your crying that Vic is not doing with Collier he wants to and plans on doing but due to Ebo not being eligible at the moment he cannot. You did not hear anyone in this forum say Collier is a bad player or it was her fault but I will say that she didn't look like her normal self in that game. So don't speak to me about knowledge of basketball because I promise you that is all I know.

All that other nonsense you are speaking about me being a spectator is absolutely irrelevant to me. This is a forum for people to speak about and I will continue to do so each game. If you don't like it then simply don't open it and read. I didn't even touch on everything I wanted to say but this will do for now.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

I agree because it seems to me that pretty much everybody on here is very fond of Charli and her abilities. She is by far the most talented post player we've had in ages! Although this time might be a little rough for her having to play out of her intended position, just watch and see how much better she is after all of this. She'll be able to not only stretch the defense and face you up, but also be able to bang with the best of them down low when necessary or when matchups call for such. She's a very special talent that is only going to get better and better. She will be a nightmare matchup for most everybody.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Jacob Johnson

That's exactly what I'm saying!! If they pass this waiver for everyone and we get Ebo. I guarantee Collier will be on the 3 point line, free throw line and everywhere else on the court creating those scary one on one matchups against every opponent. Vic knows what he doing and he is the perfect coach to bring out the absolute best in Collier and all anyone wants is for her to succeed.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Rewatching this game while waiting for Idaho and a few things come to mind:

1. This coach really cares about these players.

2. This coach is going to develop these players to be the best they can be.

3. I usually am upset with the refs until I watch the replay and usually I realize they weren’t that bad. Not this time. Just horrified at the no calls. A near concussion. A broken nose. We are lucky it wasn’t worse. Shameful. Just shamefully bad reffing.

On to Idaho! Horns Up!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  17. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Oh and one more thing. Ashley broke her nose and kept playing until she had to stop because of bleeding. That girl has grit!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  18. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Women's basketball has some of THE WORST officiating in all of sport! Even some of those considered to be the "elite" officials aren't worth a crap either.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
  19. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

I actually LOVE THIS!! Vic should post this all over the locker room and the girls should have to see it every day! I want it to create this overwhelming feeling for the team of never wanting to loose on their home-court again!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Agree although home court in a pandemic is less of a thing. :idk: I was at the game and if there were 200 people there I’d be surprised. In a normal year the home crowd would have gone crazy after the Audrey knock down and Ashley’s broken nose. Honestly, this time it was one guy yelling “that’s on you ref!”

21. cc fan

cc fan 25+ Posts

Exactly!!! and You will watch her mature and grow with it. its a form of respect that you are targeted and no one backs down from it....just be innovative against it! and if you possess skills to go with it, then we WIN!!!!!

22. cc fan

cc fan 25+ Posts

JoeDallas, she's in a great position to get better. If you are doubled and tripled, you must be doing something right, eh? Nice to see, right? Smart kid! you are not an analyst, you are not an owner or agent of a team to make those comments of the beginning of your post, now or ya? so cocky and bold of ya.

23. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

That was quick, welcome back CC Fan. It was like you never left.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Maybe a little less snark, but that could just be a personal preference on my part.