A Picture Says a Thousand Words

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by washparkhorn, Jan 29, 2008.

1. washparkhorn

washparkhorn 2,500+ Posts

[​IMG]

2. FirstTimeLurker

FirstTimeLurker 100+ Posts

odd that HRC was so chummy with Kennedy who has just endorsed Obama.

3. Longhorn_Fan68

Longhorn_Fan68 1,000+ Posts

Good. I wouldn't acknowledge her after the way she's acted either.

4. Mike_Tyson

Mike_Tyson 500+ Posts

Man, that's a Marlo glare.

5. washparkhorn

The "Snub" --

[​IMG]

From the Chicago Tribune:

6. zzzz

zzzz 2,500+ Posts

GaySocialites.com observes:

7. washparkhorn

It was not Presidential and not gracious. It doesn't match the message of change and healing the wounds that divide this country. It is a tendency he has when ahead that leaves his flank open and open to attack by his opponent.

IF he is the nominee, now is the time to make these mistakes. Now is the time to learn from the mistakes. Now is the time to stop making the same mistakes.

This nomination process will make him a better candidate in the general election (if he gets there). But it does show an immaturity that gives moderates doubt.

If he is an agent of change - of changing the tone in Washington - he needs to step up and change his tone with an opponent he should be crushing.

8. Texas_Curl

Texas_Curl 100+ Posts

obama's real personality is slowly leaking out. this, and a couple of weeks ago when he said hillary was "likeable enough"

he's a bad m...shut yer mouth.

hook'em

9. rickysrun

rickysrun 2,500+ Posts

Ted: would you hit that?
    Barack: yeah, I'd hit it

10. Longhorn_Fan68

Just so we're clear: being "presidential" involves tearing down your political opponent (whether what you say is correct or not, apparently doesn't matter), feigning tears to drum up votes, staging sexist protests for political gain. But in the end, if you just walk and shake the hand of your political opponent all that other **** is forgiven?

I'm sorry, I thought that was called being two-faced.

11. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden 500+ Posts

Wash crapping on a democrat. Who would have guessed?

12. softlynow

softlynow 1,000+ Posts

But wash apparently digs "Days of Our Lives" politics. That's news.

13. Longhorn_Fan68

[​IMG]

If the thread title is correct, this picture says, "Pwnt, biotch!" x 500. [​IMG]

14. Mr.Wizard

Mr.Wizard 1,000+ Posts

The big news here is that Sii, Tahoe, and Washpark are endorsing Obama for Pres. That is wild stuff, congrats for coming over from the dark side.

15. kevwun

kevwun 1,000+ Posts

I loathe ******** greetings like that. If I don't like someone and the feeling is mutual, I'm not going to shake their hand. What's the point in pretending?

16. Longhorn_Fan68

^ agreed. Again, it's just being a false *******... like most everyone in politics.

17. BernOrange

BernOrange 500+ Posts

18. Ralphie

Ralphie 500+ Posts

Bad move by Obama. Be the bigger man and graciously shake her hand.

19. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

20. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Kev
    you said, "If I don't like someone and the feeling is mutual, I'm not going to shake their hand. What's the point in pretending?

do you live and work in a windowless room.?Are you saying you like everyone within your sphere? that you like everyone you work with and for , everyone you have to interact with on a regular or semi regular basis?
    I am calling BS on that.

and yes it is a sign of maturity and intelligence that you can at the least politely greet people with whom you have disagreements
    Did anyone watch the number of Dems clamor to get their hand shook by and picture taken with Bush last night? Dems Bush knows have called him every name in the book. Bush smiled and shook all their hards. Obama turns a sour face. Who looked more presidential?
    if obama as pres meets with a despot, murdering dictator like say an Arafat should he turn a sour face away and not shake hands?
    obama has much to learn

21. Mr.Wizard

Mr.Wizard 1,000+ Posts

HRC has class at least, Obama could take a lesson there.

22. kevwun

kevwun 1,000+ Posts

I'm not talking about refusing to shake hands with the annoying guy from accounting. I'm talking about the kind of people you can't stand to be in the same room with and they feel exactly the same way.

23. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

kev
    people like Stalin? Any leader of china? Arafat? Any despicable leader that any of our pres have had to engage over the years?etc etc
    or how about a boss you despise? a co worker you hate but have to interact with regularly? a customer/ client you havefzero respect for?

You must live a very dull life if you never have to interact in a polit4e way with people you don't like. good for you

24. Longhorn_Fan68

Sorta response from the Obama camp:
    "I think he knew that Senator Kennedy and Senator Clinton were friends," he said. "This was obviously an awkward day from that standpoint, and I don't think he wanted to stand there while Senator Kennedy was greeting Senator Clinton. And I think that was an appropriate sentiment."
    The Link

25. hornphil

hornphil 25+ Posts

From Politico.com, fwiw:

26. Longhorn_Fan68

wait, so Obama isn't satan? [​IMG]

27. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

odd that HRC was so chummy with Kennedy who has just endorsed Obama.

HRC is just better at the art of war...keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

28. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

did anyone else notice Bush made it a point to go to Ted and shake hands? I feel sure Bush didn't ask him if he'd drowned anyone lately.
    Bush also made it a point to shake Obama's hand.
    now THAT is class

29. wildcat09

wildcat09 100+ Posts

If our next President isn't quite as classy as Bush but is better at doing his job I'll take that trade off. All you guys harping on class sound like aggy.

Maybe Obama won't want to shake the hand of world leaders he despises, but at least he's willing to talk to them instead of acting like a petulant child, taking his toys, and going home.

30. washparkhorn