A question about the portal and NFL draft

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by AustinBat, Oct 16, 2020.

1. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

I have no idea what the answers are, but will other programs gladly take an athlete who has been a cancer in the locker room? Maybe a small college getting their first 5* player....

The major league basketball and football are constantly losing fans. Will they be willing to take a chance on these players? BJ Foster probably cost himself major money by quitting in the middle of a game. Who wants a player like that? And none have shown much talent this season.

2. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Foster is a head case and probably would not have been a high draft choice in any case. I believe that anyone else in the portal from this Texas team will not be seen as "cancers", but instead the school being the issue. So no "penalty" in the NFL's view except for Stearns who is falling due to his play on the field.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

If Foster continues to give as he did Sat and Does not make anymore waves then yes, someone would take him and take him quickly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. OrangeShogun

OrangeShogun 500+ Posts

From a former BJ Foster fan, I disagree. He's injury prone and evidently still does not understand proper form tackling. Great effort against OU, but waaaay too many shoulder hits with no wrap up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Agree on the shoulder hits but I think that is pervasive on the team. It’s not just him. The injury prone aspect however I completely agree. Not sure what can be done about that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

His shoulder issues are a direct result of not knowing/caring about how to tackle