A story or two may explain Sandusky retirement

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by puckhead, Nov 10, 2011.

1. puckhead

puckhead 100+ Posts

The Harrisburg Patriot-News reported back in March 2011 about accusations in 1998 that resulted in an investigation by the Penn State University police that apparently never went anywhere.

Then the state police started looking into those allegations in January 2012... more than a decade after the original investigation.

The Link

The Post-Gazette reported:

2. atxbomber

atxbomber 1,000+ Posts

3. TigerPride

TigerPride 1,000+ Posts

4. Texas___Fight

Texas___Fight 2,500+ Posts

[​IMG]

5. IvanDiabloHorn

IvanDiabloHorn 1,000+ Posts

Why does it seem that everyone is giving Paterno a pass on the 1998 incident. When this house of cards comes down, my guess is that the investigation by University police of Paterno's Defensive coordinator will reveal Patreno knew about the 1998 investigation. Does anyone believe Paterno wouldn't know if his DC was being investigated by university police in 1998? If Paterno knew in 1998, then he knew in 2002 and the GA parlayed his knowledge/coverup into a cush adminstration and coaching job for the next nine years.
    Look at the Penn State coaches resumes. Paterno even sent his own send son somewhere else to coach first, but this clown walks right into coaches position?
    IF it is proven Paterno knew about 1998, then he is complicit and guilty in aiding and abetting a pedophile from that point on.

6. Texas___Fight

Texas___Fight 2,500+ Posts

7. biggie1928

biggie1928 25+ Posts

Don't remember where I read it, so sorry, no linky, but I read that the DA from the initial investigation in 1998, decided to let it drop, then a couple years later the guy goes missing, and has never been found. He was ultimately declared dead in 2009 I think. If you want to start talking "conspiracy theories", what the hell happened to this guy?