AAS

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by utempire, Nov 7, 2012.

1. utempire

utempire 1,000+ Posts

Tomorrows front sports page better be all about Coach and not have another stupid article about aggy football. How many front page articles can you have in a week about aggy? Do they even subscribe to the AAS? I doubt it. I'm about ready to cancel anyway but will for sure if this happens tomorrow.

2. 1leggedduck

1leggedduck 1,000+ Posts

Like it or not, they are the new kid in town for now. Being aggie, they will find a way to screw up the free hype they are getting. That aside, I feel fairly certain that the loss of Coach Royal will get the appropriate coverage.

3. bck031

bck031 1,000+ Posts

utempire - I haven't read that paper for years.

4. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Screw the sports page, this belongs on the front page of the paper.

5. GeeCeeZ

GeeCeeZ 25+ Posts

Cancelled our subscription to that birdcage liner 2 years ago and haven't missed it a bit.

6. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

The paper this morning listened to the posts. It was printed as requested.

Weeks ago I wrote Kirk and 'editors' on the aggie reporting. Then tweeted Suzanne Hailiburton on it. She just politely said they have a lot of aggies in the circulation. I let it go.

This will sound a bit absurd, but for several weeks I would cut out the aggie report and get it out of the paper. Used to do the same with Ken Herman. And yesterday morning, day after the election, I performed a ritual of tearing off the front page and wadding it up in the trash without ever seeing it. This way the image is never in my brain cells. A 10.6 trillion deficit increased 53% in 4 years, to 16.2 trillion, and half the country was celebrating, just happy over social issues. (no offense to supporters... I treat it like surgery... strictly business [I'm an Austrian, not a Keynesian] )

We'll see where both aggie and the country are in four years.

7. utempire

utempire 1,000+ Posts

Would be real surprised if there are many aggies that subscribe to the aas. It's against everything they generally believe in, pro UT, based in Austin, pro Democrat. I don't mind that there are aggie articles in the paper, they just don't need to be on the front pages while other big 12 articles usually take a back seat. Waco is closer to Austin than collie station, Texas State closer, Tech is in the big 12 and has 10-6 Big 12 record vs aggy. I don't buy their argument that aggy has a large subscription level. What was interesting was in the past when aggy lost typically those articles were usually hidden while when aggy won it would be on the front page. Now that they are out of the Big 12 aggy should take a back seat even more. aas needs to show some respect and local pride and I doubt that any other paper highlights the local teams rival as much as the aas.

8. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

Not a big fan of Bohls, but he has a nice column about Darrell and Edith in Friday's edition (Thurs. online).

Link

9. jmtamu

jmtamu 250+ Posts

I guess AAS figured out that A&M actually didn't leave the state like DeLoss thought. [​IMG]