ACA enrollment numbers

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by hornpharmd, Jan 1, 2014.

1. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

2. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

Does the number include prison inmates who were registered to get states off the hook for their expenses?
    The Link

Does it include the 3 million more people enrolled in Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program from October through February?
    The Link

Does the number include the 20% who never paid?The Link

Does the number include the additional people that the government benevolently signed up itself in order to break the 7 million barrier in the last week?The Link

Luckily, there is undoubtedly no fire from all this smoke and Occum's Razor has dulled.

3. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

PharmD is the number of newly enrolled 7.1 million? Yes or no.

4. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

5. Mr. Fiesta

Mr. Fiesta 1,000+ Posts

6. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

7. mop

mop 2,500+ Posts

this thread is funny.

ACA is a huge mess and a huge nightmare. Why try to defend it?

8. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

9. Roger35

Roger35 2,500+ Posts

10. Mr. Fiesta

Mr. Fiesta 1,000+ Posts

11. mop

mop 2,500+ Posts

there are people trying to defend this nightmare legislation in this thread, but I agree that the main point was to look at the Obamacare numbers.

12. militaryhorn

militaryhorn Prediction Contest Manager

Here is an article that uses Rand as their source of information and a study by Express Scripts. The article seems to be written from a conservative. You can debate the validity of the article, but it does echo what most that are against the ACA have been saying...that premiums are going to increase significantly because of the new members that are signing up need more medical care that previously was unavailable.

LINK

13. Roger35

Roger35 2,500+ Posts

In reply to:

14. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

So you are not willing to pay higher prices to cover others? You are the ultimate definition of a liberal hypocrite. Always willing to rob Peter to pay Paul, as long as your name is not Peter. [​IMG]

15. Mr. Fiesta

Mr. Fiesta 1,000+ Posts

16. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

17. Mr. Fiesta

Mr. Fiesta 1,000+ Posts

18. Roger35

Roger35 2,500+ Posts

19. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

ACA has not produced 10 million enrollees. I seriously think if Obama made a statement that your name was not Roger35, you would believe it.

The law is a failure as highlighted by the departure of the idiot in charge of its rollout. Premiums are higher on those who pay and even you are complaining about your increasing costs. As it gets later in the year and people realize they never hit their deductible, but have paid thousands in premiums, the angst will accelerate.

You will pay more as a result of so many people getting "free rides." Just stop being a hypocrite.

20. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

21. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

22. Mr. Fiesta

Mr. Fiesta 1,000+ Posts

Rog, show a link that confirms the 10 million number. MSNBC doesn't count....

23. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

24. NEWDOC2002

NEWDOC2002 1,000+ Posts

25. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

26. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

27. Mr. Fiesta

Mr. Fiesta 1,000+ Posts

That ain't what the links says:

28. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

29. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

Uninformed, do you really believe the crap in the link you posted? [​IMG] All the MSM are in BO's corner and will never report anything negative. I am a retired teacher, and was told last year that my premium would double, from $400 a month to $800. Because of all the Obama Law Changes (apparently a President can change the law) I got a one year reprieve. But come September, I assume I will have to choose from being in an HMO at no monthly cost increase but with limited choices of doctors or being in an expensive plan with high deductibles at double the premium. Yea! And anyone who thinks the cost of insurance is not going to rise is a fool. Not to mention the fact that health care insurance and health care are two different and independent things. I continue to be amazed and saddened by the naivety of so many people that pretend to be educated.

30. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

That rep was lying to you just as The Obama administration has lied to the public. No, there are no specific guidelines or rules requiring increases to co-pays. However, there are cuts to reimbursement and also new increased costs on the company. As a result, as a company's revenues decrease and costs increase, they will raise prices. It is a foreign concept to liberals, but it is universal fact. Quit being a hypocrite that you love the law, but are unwilling to pay your part of it.