ACA

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by mojo17, Jan 28, 2014.

1. mojo17

mojo17 1,000+ Posts

I think the president said 9 million have signed up for the-ACA. Haven't heard that number before did I hear wrong?

2. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

Apparently a made up number - who would have thought??

3. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

He knows his minions will eat this alive even though it is not true. The administration says about 6 million people have been determined to be "eligible" for Medicaid since Oct. 1 and an additional 3 million roughly have signed up for private health insurance through the new markets created by the health care law. That's where 9 million comes from - same political math that says he has cut deficits in half. He has only cut the deficit after substantially increasing the national debt. It is also unclear how many in the Medicaid group were already eligible for the program or renewing existing coverage.

Likewise, it's not known how many of those who signed up for private coverage were young healthy people needed to actually pay for ACA. Not to mention how many have actually paid for premiums.

4. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

Who knows what you heard, you could post a link.

5. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

6. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

iis
    [​IMG]
    You not only posted a credible link you posted the WaPo exposure of that lie by BO

If pharm follows his/her usual practices you won't see another post from pharm in this thread.

7. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

i have a thread with enrollment numbers so I am fully aware of what has been reported. I just don't know wjat mojo heard so not able to give mojo a thoughtful reply.

horn your posts don't deserve replies. All you want are high fives and circle jerks.

8. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

“More than nine million Americans have signed up for private health insurance or Medicaid coverage.”

Obama carefully does not say these numbers are the result of the Affordable Care Act, but he certainly leaves that impression. But the Medicaid part of this number — 6.3 million from October through December — is very fuzzy and once earned a rating of Three Pinocchios.

The ACA expanded Medicaid to those who earn less than 133 percent of the poverty line — about $15,000 for an individual — to 26 states (and the District) that decided to embrace that element of the law. But no one really knows how many of the 6.3 million are in this expansion pool — or whether they are simply renewing or would have qualified for Medicaid before the new law. Indeed, the number also includes people joining Medicaid in states that chose not accept the expansion.

The private insurance numbers — about 3 million — are also open to question. The troubled federal exchange counts people as enrolled if an individual has selected a plan, but it does not know if a person enrolled and paid a premium because that part of the system has yet to be built.